PDA

View Full Version : Kmart buys Sears

dgie
03-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Can't say I seen that one comming, sounds like the board members at Sears didn't see any hope of keeping an American icon around and grabbed for their golden parachutes. :frown:

hoolign
03-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Kwickie Mart?? Apu must have sold a lot of super squishies! " Welcome to sears..I am Apu .. AND DON'T TRY TO STEAL CAUSE I AM ARMED TO THE TEETH :supp:

Rexone
03-24-2005, 05:31 PM
didn't this happen like months ago? :confused:

dgie
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
First I heard of it. Yahoo Finance today, check it out.

Dribble
03-24-2005, 05:35 PM
It was announced months ago. Sad part is the Kmart stockholders lost their ass in the bankrupcy. Now after the reorg they go buy Sears. Go figure.

jbtrailerjim
03-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Thats what I was thinking. :confused:

MsDrmr
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
they were saying something about that last year. I did not know when it was going into effect but I knew it had happend.
Go figure, K-Mart files for bankruptcy a couple/few years ago and now all of a sudden they are buying Sears :idea: :idea: :idea:

Jrocket
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Blue light specials in the craftsman sections?

MsDrmr
03-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Blue light specials in the craftsman sections?
every mans disneyland right :D

riverracerx
03-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes, this is old news but just formally announced. KMart is going to change some of their nicer stores into Sears, as the name has a higher brand recognition for quality.
Sears has been tanking for awhile as the department store model for both them and JCPenny has a hard time staying afloat between Target and Nordstrom.
I have to be involved in this all the time, interesting how the retail landscape changes.
Eventually WalMart will own everyone.

Jrocket
03-24-2005, 05:45 PM
every mans disneyland right :D
Not sure about Disneyland,but it sure beats going to Target with the wife!

MsDrmr
03-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Not sure about Disneyland,but it sure beats going to Target with the wife!
how did I know that :p

Ziggy
03-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh Gawd..does this mean I have to see Martha Stewarts face around Sears too :notam: :squiggle: :( . Next thing we know she'll be the tool expert and show us how to use Sears tools to rewire a lamp :rolleyes: or make a cookie cutter out of a box knife.

MsDrmr
03-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh Gawd..does this mean I have to see Martha Stewarts face around Sears too :notam: :squiggle: :( . Next thing we know she'll be the tool expert and show us how to use Sears tools to rewire a lamp :rolleyes: or make a cookie cutter out of a box knife.
I don't think she is much of an expert at anything....you only have to worry when her face starts to show up on the tool packaging. ;)

dgie
03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Well I guess I was out of the loop on this going on. This is the first I heard of it, really sucks. I suppose they will mismanage it and they will eventually fold. I remember reading that only about 10% of mergers actually amount to anything. Since this is a takeover I can only assume that it could only be worse. I assume Wal-Mart will last the same 100 years that Wards and Sears did? Hmm? :confused:

dgie
03-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't think she is much of an expert at anything....you only have to worry when her face starts to show up on the tool packaging. ;)
or engraved on sockets

Jrocket
03-24-2005, 06:14 PM
So when I go to the hardware section at Sears to get some nuts and bolts,the bag will read "Martha's Nuts"?

Ziggy
03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
So when I go to the hardware section at Sears to get some nuts and bolts,the bag will read "Martha's Nuts"?
Oddly enough that statement is rather descriptive of her :D :D

Rexone
03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
KMart is going to change some of their nicer stores into Sears,
So where the hell are they hiding those :confused:

Performance 19
03-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Actually, this merger was announced some time ago. My wife had to decide whether to take some shares from the merger or sell (by the meeting today) Mostly stock options...Sears stock and the time to sell it was a few years ago when Citibank bought Sears credit card and Sears Mastercard. (the stock was down some years ago when Sears settled a lawsuit having to do with thier credit bankruptcy dept., but came back fine)

Dr. Eagle
03-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Can't say I seen that one comming, sounds like the board members at Sears didn't see any hope of keeping an American icon around and grabbed for their golden parachutes. :frown:
Blue light specials on the Craftsman tools?? :)

Phat Matt
03-24-2005, 10:47 PM
yes
It gives them more buying power to compete in the market place.

Squirtin Thunder
03-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Mike I heard about it about two maybe three months ago. I know hard to believe I can remember that. Well I do because I am hoping that they will carry Craftsman Tools at Kmart now. That would be a big help cutting the 1 1/2hr drive to Vegas down.
Jim