PDA

View Full Version : Meadview and Havasu Heights Investments?

roln 20s
03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking about buying some investment land and want to know what you think about these locations.
1) Meadview, AZ? Is there anything there, with the exception of Lake Mead only 8 miles away. Acres are only 4-10K? I'm looking for some specs on this city, but am not having too much luck. Any insights are appreciated.
2) Havasu Heights, AZ? Where is this? There is a bunch of land available (says 10 minutes from Havasu)--Its between the Home Depot and I40.
Thanks for your information.
Roln 20s

PBOCOP
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I just bought 8 lots in Meadview. It's selling fast and alot of people are building and actually moving there. If you can pick something up, it will be a for sure 10%-20% investment.
Heights, not sure about that yet. I have a house in Lakeridge Estates. They say from here to the 95 will be some malls and some other kind of shopping. Not sure how it will all build out and really not sure what is actually for sale residential in that area.

slink
03-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Pat, saw the sign for Havasu Heights last week while rolling out of Havasu. It was about 1/2 way to the 40. there was a two lane road that went e/b from the 95. Other than that, dont know shiat about it. I think DAB just bouhgt some property in Meadview. BTW, threw the cover on last weekend. Saw you and Dr. coming into the channel, we were heading the other way. Kids were cold and cranky so we were in a hurry to get back to the springs. Didn't have the camera, but it looks bitchin. Thanks again

Outnumbered
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Roln, I have a lot out there. The real cheap acres are on dirt roads with no utilities. Stuff in town is starting to go up pretty quick but is still very cheap. The road from there to Kingman (short way) is not paved all the way. Once it is, prices will go up even more. Long way, off hwy 93, is paved. Here is a thread from a while back:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43860&highlight=meadview

Outnumbered
03-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Roln, let me know if you want to go out there and we can take a trip out. I would like to look at some property too and check on my lot.
John

bigkatboat
03-24-2005, 07:34 PM
"Roln", if you are about to die, go to "Meadview", if you want to live in the middle of KNOWWHERE, go to Havasu Heights. Meadview has been going for more than 20 years and is still 'out of touch'. Havasu heights, is a really great area for "doublewide crack houses" and "miner/ prospectors". If you are interrested in "cleaning your guns all day" choose Havasu Heights, the roads are dirt and the wild animals are hungry all night. I live in Havasu, I have some money, if anything around here looked good, I WOULD BUY IT! So how can anyone compete with the realtors and their friends? It's too late to 'jump in' and make money. Wait until the city goes for the land to the north (up to hiway 40).

Outnumbered
03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
"Roln", if you are about to die, go to "Meadview", if you want to live in the middle of KNOWWHERE, go to Havasu Heights. Meadview has been going for more than 20 years and is still 'out of touch'. Havasu heights, is a really great area for "doublewide crack houses" and "miner/ prospectors". If you are interrested in "cleaning your guns all day" choose Havasu Heights, the roads are dirt and the wild animals are hungry all night. I live in Havasu, I have some money, if anything around here looked good, I WOULD BUY IT! So how can anyone compete with the realtors and their friends? It's too late to 'jump in' and make money. Wait until the city goes for the land to the north (up to hiway 40).
Not everyone has $80k plus to drop on a lot. And Roln didn't say he wanted to live there. So ease-up high roller.
Take a look at Havasu 30 years ago or even 20 years ago. Lots of blue hairs and trailers and land was dirt cheap. Roln is looking ahead, just like I am, and the places he is looking at will make him some money. You can invest some small-time money in these places and make a good return in the long run. I have already made 4 or 5 times what I paid for my lot. Ya, its small-time but its extra money that I couln't have done that well with on any other "safe" investment.
Hell, people are paying $400k for houses in Beaumont now. Just 10 years ago people would have laughed at you if you would have told them that property there would be going for that much in 2005.

roln 20s
03-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the responses. Outnumbered--yes, I am definately interested in taking a trip up there. I am going to work on some more research of the area...but it looks good. I like the outlook on 4K lots with dirt access and those like yours on paved streets. I'm thinking about 5-8 years away. Again, assuming they don't release a ton of new land around Havasu-- it will be built up within the next 8-10 years. After that...if its land locked, prices will soar even more, or people will leave and boat elsewhere--may i suggest Meadview :) :D We need to meet up for a beer and chat--maybe we can do this sometime in the next couple of weeks.
bigkatboat--I agree, I am looking for land in Havasu, but I'm willing to pay about half of what most people are asking. I'll find one too...just not listed on MLS everyday, so it'll take some research and time. I will WIN at somepoint. Oh yeah, the lot I want, should have a slope like a ski resort :)
Roln 20s

roln 20s
03-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah, my additional thought about Meadview---look at what the little town of Boulder City has done. Good luck finding a lot under 100K and homes under $300K that are nice, and boater friendly. If you bought 2-4 years ago, you would pretty happy right now. Great views, great potential, all next to a great lake. I see a good potential with Meadview as well.
Roln 20s