PDA

View Full Version : LineX or Rhino bed liners?

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Any hookups!............. :D

slink
03-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I was just going to post the same thread.....hopefully in the I.E

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I was just going to post the same thread.....hopefully in the I.E
They are both about $450 I was just trying to get a deal!.... :D

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 09:39 AM
LineX is in Moreno Valley
Rhino is in Norco

slink
03-25-2005, 09:41 AM
For what truck? I've heard like $330 for a 6' bed add $25 for top rails, but that was 6 months ago. That was from a buddy who got his done in Corona of McKinley (Rhino)

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 09:43 AM
2005 Chevy Crewcab Dually Longbed!(Thanks Jay)

slink
03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
He (jay) doesn't have a contact through his dealership? hopefully w/out the 200% dealer mark-up

JetBoatRich
03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
we need a ***boat Price :rolleyes: let me know, I need my truck done as well :cool:

sigepmock
03-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Call Jason Riley at Rancho Motorsports & Rhino linings, 909-390-9722. Tell him Chris Mock sent ya and your from ***boat Forums. He should take care of you. He's done my last two trucks and offers lifetime warranty on them, at least I think he still does. I tore mine up pretty good and he fixed it for free. :)
Chris

CrazyHippy
03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Talk to Brent @ Integrated Protective Coatings.
Far better product than Rhino and he's a hell of a nice guy. Mobile too.
Phone # is (909) 941-3571
And Web site is IPC Sprayliner (http://www.ipcsprayliner.com)
Tell him BJ says HI
BJH

WYRD
03-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Turners Toys For Trucks in San Bernardino did mine great job it is life time and cost 299 for short bed under rails. their located on North Highland ave. Number is listed. hope that helps :D

dicudmore
03-25-2005, 10:48 AM
He (jay) doesn't have a contact through his dealership? hopefully w/out the 200% dealer mark-up
my local LineX guy charges me around $400 dealer cost....
I mark them up about 10%
I'm having my personal truck (3500 crew dually) THANKS JAY PHOTOGLOU sprayed monday, prob gonna cost me $450 and I'll pay them cash :cry:

BADBLOWN572
03-25-2005, 10:53 AM
if someone can get a ***boat hookup, I am in. Need to get my truck done too.

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Let me know where everybodys going so I to can get in on it!

Essex502
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Take a look a Bed Rug products. They are pretty nice though not intended for the rough treatment that the LineX and Rhino products are.

pixrthis
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Accessory House in Montclair did a really clean job on a long bed for $350. 909 621-5953

welk2party
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Not trying to stir the pot..but, is one better than the other. I have heard that one brand tends to get milky in color over time. Granted, that was a long time ago and the problem may be solved. Just asking...

goneboatin
03-25-2005, 04:55 PM
I've had both. The Rhino was in my 99 Chevy. I've got the Line-X in my 04. The Rhino seems to be softer, but it keeps stuff from sliding around. The Line-X is harder so stuff does slide around. The finish on Line-X's seem consistant, whereas the finish on Rhino's seem be vastly at both ends of the spectrum. Some are nice and even, others look like the product was too thick and ran down the sides, pretty ugly. If you do go for a Rhino, look at the trucks they've got sitting around in the afternoon waiting for their owners to pick them up. Check how the finish looks on them. I had my Rhino done in Rancho Cucamonga in 98, it looked even. If you do Line-X, check their website, when I had mine done they had a $35.00 coupon to print out, plus they took my AAA card for another $25.00. This was the store in Irvine in the Auto Plaza. Whoever you pick they're both good products.

essexjet
03-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I too need my truck done. I think that we should all get together and find a place that will do all of us at once and recieve a big discount. What do you guys think. :idea:

dogbitn
03-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey I will do anyone from the forums for $395.00 short bed and $425.00 for longbeds over or under rail unless you already have bed caps. We can do them in about 2 hours.Plus if you go on-line you can get the discount coupon from line-x. We are located in Bullhead city and will pick-up and deliver in LAKE HAVASU OR KINGMAN ALSO E-MAIL ME OR CALL ME@928-303-1224 AND SET UP A APPOINTMENT I WILL WORK WEEKENDS IF NEEDED! THANKS AND LOOK FOWARD TO HELPING FELLOW BOATERS OUT.PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE A MEMBER OR YOU WILL PAY RETAIL! :hammer2: :D

pixilatedpussy
03-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Any hookups!............. :D
Hey sweetie, We totally will hook you up. We can help you only local to our shop in South OC, so let me know when and if you can get the vehicle doem here, and we can set ya up at Bedliners Plus for Line x!!! :wink: Mrs P.P.

ahhell
03-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Had a rhinoliner "installed" a couple years ago at Collision Craft in Hesperia...about 300-350...6ft step side, lifetime warranty, almost 1/4" thick...quieted down the ride, i now throw shit in the bed without thinking about it and it bounces and sticks...wouldnt do it any other way

racecar.hotshoe
03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
(Quote) Hey sweetie, We totally will hook you up. We can help you only local to our shop in South OC, so let me know when and if you can get the vehicle doem here, and we can set ya up at Bedliners Plus for Line x!!! Mrs P.P.
I think there is about 8 of us that need it done so put a package together and lets make a day out of it!........ :D
Whos Game?

pixilatedpussy
03-25-2005, 09:32 PM
(Quote) Hey sweetie, We totally will hook you up. We can help you only local to our shop in South OC, so let me know when and if you can get the vehicle doem here, and we can set ya up at Bedliners Plus for Line x!!! Mrs P.P.
I think there is about 8 of us that need it done so put a package together and lets make a day out of it!........ :D
Whos Game?
Need to get some info from ya!!! Long beds?Short Beds? Over the rail? Under the rail?New bed? Old bed? (not your bedrooms :) )Any dents or scratches??? PM me or call me!! We gotcha covered!!! Simons Auto Body takin care of the HB PEEPS!! ( gotta plug my husbands shop :p :p )
Hey when are we hookin up?? Maybe your right we will make a day and maybe an eve. of it!!! :cool:

03-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Petroleum products will disolve Rhino but not Line-X.
Just an FYI

DryHeatOnly
03-25-2005, 11:44 PM
The finish on Line-X's seem consistant, whereas the finish on Rhino's seem be vastly at both ends of the spectrum. Some are nice and even, others look like the product was too thick and ran down the sides, pretty ugly.
I agree. I've seen a few Rhino applications that were horrible (sagging bed walls, thick in some places, etc.). Totally turned me off. Does it have more to do with the person applying it?

djunkie
03-26-2005, 12:04 AM
I got the Rhino lining sprayed in my new 2500 HD short bed last week. (Thanks Jay) I'm very happy with it. Even though it is only a week old I've thrown stuff in the bed that would normally scratch the and it left NO marks. Had mine done in Redondo Beach for $450. Not the best deal but they do good work.

franky
03-26-2005, 06:00 AM
LINE-X!!!!
Rino is old technology, everyone I know who has had Rino has had problems with it coming upand or milking. I have Line-X and no problems. It is newer formulation than Rino and is sprayed on at a high temp and dries in seconds

racecar.hotshoe
03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Still waiting!.......................... :coffeycup :D

cola
03-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Mark, I can set you up with a shop in Redlands. He uses the same product as Line-x with out the lic. BS $. Call me or stop by his shop. Alabama off, turn right & a quick right before the u-haul. There is a row of commerical buildings in back. Stop in and look at his work, you'll see. :cool:
Late, Mike

Performance 19
03-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Me too, someone will post something??Jim

pixilatedpussy
03-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Got two PM's of peeps that want the Line x deal. Anyone else........The more the better the deal.....Tina :D

JetBoatRich
03-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Yes we are :jawdrop: lets get a deal on about 10 of them :eek:

Bense468
03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I may be in if the price is right. Shortbed.

Performance 19
03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Still waiting for reply????

racecar.hotshoe
03-30-2005, 06:29 AM
I will be talking price with them today.I will let ya know!

Sherpa
03-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Got two PM's of peeps that want the Line x deal. Anyone else........The more the better the deal.....Tina :D
what would you qoute to do a jeep cj7 tub interior with absolutly nothing
in the tub, and the tub would be on it's own little cart-?
--thanks,
---Sherpa

OGShocker
03-30-2005, 06:41 AM
I just saw this.
Try Steve at ACCESSORY HOUSE, 5156 HOLT BLVD, Montclair CA (909)-621-5953. ...
Tell him Dana Boats / Mark sent you. His list prices are 350-450 range,, I think. :squiggle:
Good luck!

schlepy
03-30-2005, 06:41 AM
racecar.hotshoe, you dont want a rhino liner way to soft and inconsistant finish. PM me, I have a Line-X hook up that you wont want to pass up.

Huckleberry
03-30-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm in for a LineXdeal. PixPussy check your PM's.

Sandbar Mike
03-30-2005, 09:07 AM
TAKE IT TO LINE X direct, the middle man usually makes 15% TO 20%

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM
TAKE IT TO LINE X direct, the middle man usually makes 15% TO 20%
Yeah usually, but we are giving everyone our deal!!!! :D
So no we are not marking it up!!!!!!!!Tina

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok everyone, wow what a response!!! Got everyones PM's and My husband has to get one more price for the jeep ( which is a little different than the trucks) I have prices right now to PM everyone but my husband is calling the head guy to see if he can get everyone a better deal, since there are so many of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are offering you all our cost...........shhhhh!
Just remember our shop if you ever need Auto Body help!!! :p
Tina

SBullet
03-30-2005, 10:17 AM
I had the Rhino done on my new Truck and it came out really good!!
Rancho Motorsports 909-390-9722

HavaTan
03-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Call Jason Riley at Rancho Motorsports & Rhino linings, 909-390-9722. Tell him Chris Mock sent ya and your from ***boat Forums. He should take care of you. He's done my last two trucks and offers lifetime warranty on them, at least I think he still does. I tore mine up pretty good and he fixed it for free. :)
Chris
I completely agree. Jason is a great guy who does great work. You can also tell him HavaTan sent you, he'll hook you up.

Huckleberry
03-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Ok everyone, wow what a response!!! Got everyones PM's and My husband has to get one more price for the jeep ( which is a little different than the trucks) I have prices right now to PM everyone but my husband is calling the head guy to see if he can get everyone a better deal, since there are so many of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are offering you all our cost...........shhhhh!
Just remember our shop if you ever need Auto Body help!!! :p
Tina
Well, if you're gonna hook everyone up, I'd say it's time for you to put up the name of your business. Ya know...A shameless plug...SPAM! This way we can toss you some body work when the time comes.

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, if you're gonna hook everyone up, I'd say it's time for you to put up the name of your business. Ya know...A shameless plug...SPAM! This way we can toss you some body work when the time comes.
Your'e so right!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon's Auto Body & Frame Inc.
23551 Commerce Center Drive # G
Laguna Hills
949-951-5265
Im workin from home this week with the kids on Spring Break...AGGG!!!! But my husband is there if ya need to call! His name is Geza. Tina :smile:

schlepy
03-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Your'e so right!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon's Auto Body & Frame Inc.
23551 Commerce Center Drive # G
Laguna Hills
949-951-5265
Im workin from home this week with the kids on Spring Break...AGGG!!!! But my husband is there if ya need to call! His name is Geza. Tina :smile:
are you a authorized Line-X franchise????

Gman
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd long bed .....................Linex please :messedup:

Lake Ape
03-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Just for the record, when the Pentagon was repaired the entire structure inside and out was sprayed with Line-X to help combat flying debris in the event of another attack. Line-X has tons of government contracts, not that that means anything though.
My Line-X in my truck, about 1 year old, looks great but only has a limited warranty. The Rhino lining in my jeep has turn milky but has a Lifetime warranty for everything not matter what I do to it!

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 11:46 AM
2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd long bed .....................Linex please :messedup:
Under or over rails?? Dents? deep scrathces? Tina

pixilatedpussy
03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
are you a authorized Line-X franchise????
We sublet directly to Bedliners Plus! Line X ;)

Gman
03-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Under or over rails?? Dents? deep scrathces? Tina
Over rails. It has a rugged liner over it now which was on it when I bought it 5 days ago so I have no clue what the bed looks like underneath it. :(

schlepy
03-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Just for the record, when the Pentagon was repaired the entire structure inside and out was sprayed with Line-X to help combat flying debris in the event of another attack. Line-X has tons of government contracts, not that that means anything though.
My Line-X in my truck, about 1 year old, looks great but only has a limited warranty. The Rhino lining in my jeep has turn milky but has a Lifetime warranty for everything not matter what I do to it!
You might want to look into your rhino warranty a little deepier. it might be covered by that dealership only. if you move or they go out of business you might be screwed. line-x has a national lifetime warranty through out the united states.

Lake Ape
03-30-2005, 01:52 PM
You might want to look into your rhino warranty a little deepier. it might be covered by that dealership only. if you move or they go out of business you might be screwed. line-x has a national lifetime warranty through out the united states.
Actually my Rhino liner is covered anywhere as long as they are a certified/authorized installer, which is most everywhere. They cover any damage at all, any, no matter how the product was damaged.
Line-X on the other hand only covers cracks, bubbles and flakes (workmanship defects), however if you bring in a truck that has been hauling around engine blocks and the liner has been scraped, gouged or scratched off the truck they don't have to fix it and most will charge a fee. If you do dent the bed and the Line-X seperates from the bed they will charge you for repair, while Rhino will cover it no questions asked, at least that is the way it was and reads on my warranty.

schlepy
03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Actually my Rhino liner is covered anywhere as long as they are a certified/authorized installer, which is most everywhere. They cover any damage at all, any, no matter how the product was damaged.
Line-X on the other hand only covers cracks, bubbles and flakes (workmanship defects), however if you bring in a truck that has been hauling around engine blocks and the liner has been scraped, gouged or scratched off the truck they don't have to fix it and most will charge a fee. If you do dent the bed and the Line-X seperates from the bed they will charge you for repair, while Rhino will cover it no questions asked, at least that is the way it was and reads on my warranty.
i know for a fact that rhino does not cover damage done by user neglect unless it something minor to fix. most bedliner companies only warranty any applicator defect such as blisters, bubbles or delamenation. line-x does not seperate from the bed, only unless the prep was not done correctly by the franchise appling the bedliner... like i said about the rhino warranty, read the fine print, you are covered only at the rhino dealership that installed it... line-x has the only national limited lifetime warranty program....

dogbitn
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Having worked with both liner companys I can tell you its by the dealer who applied it.If you get it sprayed in CA and go to FL and have a issue that dealer will call the dealer who applied it and ask for payment method. They both say its never product failure but applicator error.I found this out the hard way after spraying 10 trucks in 2 days and they all blistered and the franchise said strip them out and respray at your expense. The funny thing was when I changed barrels it never happened again and you can spray 15-18 trucks out of a 55 gallon drum. So while I prefer LINE-X you can chose the liner you want but the warranty IS by the selling dealer. Just my 2 cents :shift:

BLOWN HOWARD
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Count me in on a price for a short bed 2004 Chevy!!!!! under the rails please!!!

Badger301
03-30-2005, 10:54 PM
So what was the price?

vegasriverjunkie
03-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Anyone know a shop in Vegas with deals?