PDA

View Full Version : Cool Work Sayings!!

WetWillie
03-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Anyone have any good sayings that I can put up around the office to?? Motivate and inspire?
I provide snacks and sodas at work in our break area. Well some of the gals in the office were saying they were above taking out the trash daily even though I do once a week as the owner with no hesitation :notam:
So today I posted on the cabinet that holds the Snacks :
Snacks Are For People That Give 120%
Couple people giggled but I am becoming damn serious!!

clownpuncher
03-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Quit your ****in bitching or quit

Flying Tiger
03-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Tell them to:
Musclef#ck those S#itcans to the dumpster.

Restless22
03-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Take this job and shove it! :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-25-2005, 06:30 PM
"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."
"You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, **** you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?"

termiteguy
03-25-2005, 06:33 PM
shut up and go back to work :yuk:

Rod-64
03-25-2005, 06:40 PM
They had a contest at Hooters a few years ago and they said the prize was a Toyota.................Well a waitress won and they gave her a Toy YODA..she was pissed and sued but I don't know the outcome.

hoolign
03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone have any good sayings that I can put up around the office to?? Motivate and inspire?
I provide snacks and sodas at work in our break area. Well some of the gals in the office were saying they were above taking out the trash daily even though I do once a week as the owner with no hesitation :notam:
So today I posted on the cabinet that holds the Snacks :
Snacks Are For People That Give 120%
Couple people giggled but I am becoming damn serious!!
How about ..
anyone caught in here drinking MY pop or eating MY snacks will have the living shit kicked out of them !!!.now get to work you lowlife piecses of shit !
P.S..have a good day!

Rod-64
03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
"You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, **** you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?"
Good Movie..................Glen Glarry Glen Ross :D

Racer277
03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
WWillie,
A few years ago (when the bubble burst), I got a bunch of the kids we laid off interviews at other companies. Well, the first two interviewers called me up and asked “what is with the kids you’re sending over? They asked if they could wear shorts to work and if we had a cappuccino machine!”-this was during their initial interview!
I was a little embarrassed, but these kids had never worked for any other company. They thought all companies were like ours. Needless to say, I didn’t continue to make recommendations.
As much as you want to give them a nice place to work, few appreciate it, and most take advantage.
FWIW, some of the recent posts in NoDigg’s thread about wipple may work. There's a few in there about customer being king and all that.

mickeyfinn
03-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Here are a couple we used to have around the office:
SAFETY:
If you think OSHA is a small town
in Wisconsin....
YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!
This used to be on the Bulletin Board:
If you are not willing to work for your goals please don't expect us to!!
And my all time favorite that used to come out at least once/year:
WE HAVE A NEW INCENTIVE PROGRAM.
YOU DO YOUR JOB.....
AND WE WILL LET YOU KEEP IT.

Havasu Hangin'
03-25-2005, 07:18 PM
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/work_sign8.jpg

bchbum
03-25-2005, 09:18 PM
How about --- YOUR MOM DOESN'T WORK HERE
CLEAN YOUR OWN MESS

WetWillie
03-25-2005, 09:23 PM
We Have A New Incentive Program.
You Do Your Job.....
And We Will Let You Keep It.
Your Mom Doesn't Work Here
Clean Your Own Mess

bunny 166
03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Bill, you need to hire someone who appreciates all you do, and sees you for the kind soul that you are........ :D :D :D (Bunny who wishes she lived in Scripps Ranch....) :wink:

hugh jascock
03-25-2005, 11:20 PM
the layoff's will continue until production improves

mike37
03-25-2005, 11:50 PM
do I look like the tool outlet
If you don't have the tools to do the job go home

MagicMtnDan
03-26-2005, 04:10 AM
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_9148539
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_9383290
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_10066290
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_9913134
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_10335724
http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1836_10799973

v-drive
03-26-2005, 05:49 AM
WWillie,
As much as you want to give them a nice place to work, few appreciate it, and most take advantage.
FWIW, some of the recent posts in NoDigg’s thread about wipple may work. There's a few in there about customer being king and all that.
Unfortunately I have found this to be true. I have a lady working for me now that is a really good tool and die maker. To save the company money she agreed to work on salary but almost everyday reminds me of what she is giving up. We pay her a really good wage we just can't afford the overtime pay right now, so I think the next time she says it I will tell her what she is giving up.... v-sick and tired of primedonnas-drive

XTRM22
03-26-2005, 08:22 AM
[Holds up prize]
"Put that coffee down!! Coffee is for closers.....you are a loser!"
A friend of mine was a Sales Manager for a large Homebuilder, he showed the first 15 minutes of that movie during a sales meeting a bout once a year. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. It scares the hell outa me that me and HH might ever think alike!
Chuck :messedup:

WetWillie
03-26-2005, 01:04 PM
What is it??

Forkin' Crazy
03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
We use to offer an extended warranty on our work...
30 feet or 30 seconds, which ever comes first. :)
The other was the TOG warranty. "Tail-lights Out the Gate. :cool:

4day!!
03-26-2005, 04:59 PM
This one is a litle more on the serious side, but you gotta admit it's very true....
EVERYBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, NOBODY
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about this, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
:idea: just a little something to ponder about teamwork

4day!!
03-26-2005, 05:02 PM
"when all else fails,
lower your standards"

Infomaniac
03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
If assholes could fly. This place would be an airport.
Really good if work has anything to do with aviation.

Dr. Eagle
03-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I consistently set low standards and fail to achieve them... :idea:

LOWRIVER2
03-26-2005, 07:13 PM
The 7 P's to a successful mission:
Prior
Proper
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

Dr. Eagle
03-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Remember the 6th step of a successful project...
Praises and honors for the non-participants...

Sleek-Jet
03-27-2005, 09:01 AM
When in doubt... throttle out...
If it doesn't hold... try a bigger fuse...
A favorite lineman saying:
If this was easy, the wife and kids would be doing it.
On our mirrors in the bathroom at the old company:
Meet the person most responsible for your safety.

missboatnam1
03-27-2005, 09:06 AM
the key to success is preperation!now take out the fuccking trash.

Wet Dream
03-27-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm sure all of this somehow ties in with a customer service thing going on. Not directly, but you know, the lazy or disgruntled employee, comes to work, jusy to be on the payroll. And then there's the boss who wants more and wants his employees to care about the business and service.

PowellScooter
03-27-2005, 09:41 AM
if I take out the trash every day can I have the slackers share of the snacks?