PDA

View Full Version : A Good Popup Blocker

Not So Fast
03-26-2005, 09:29 AM
About 2 months ago we were under such heavy attacks by popups that I would just say screw it and turn off the computer. We had Ad Aware and some other piece of crap program that DID NOT WORK. I contacted Microsoft and they recomended thier program, "Anti Spyware Beta 1". I gotta tell you it is the best at least for me, we now have virtually no popups and it self scans at nite, when I log on in the morning it tells you who is trying to install and do you want to remove, Well Yeah, and it does. Just thought I would relay a good program that works :cool: NSF By the way, it is pretty windy here in Havasu today, beautiful but windy, went down to launch the 22 Party Cat at Windsor and came back home.

HCS
03-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I haven't had any pop up problems at all for along time.
My service provider has their own services for that. No problems.

Kim Hanson
03-26-2005, 10:25 AM
About 2 months ago we were under such heavy attacks by popups that I would just say screw it and turn off the computer. We had Ad Aware and some other piece of crap program that DID NOT WORK. I contacted Microsoft and they recomended thier program, "Anti Spyware Beta 1". I gotta tell you it is the best at least for me, we now have virtually no popups and it self scans at nite, when I log on in the morning it tells you who is trying to install and do you want to remove, Well Yeah, and it does. Just thought I would relay a good program that works :cool: NSF By the way, it is pretty windy here in Havasu today, beautiful but windy, went down to launch the 22 Party Cat at Windsor and came back home.
I use this one ! (http://toolbar.google.com/) works great and you can pick what site you want to block out pop ups on!........( . )( . )........

david_396
03-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I use this one ! (http://toolbar.google.com/) works great and you can pick what site you want to block out pop ups on!........( . )( . )........
That's the same one I use, Google. works great. db

WetWillie
03-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Try it!

77charger
03-26-2005, 03:32 PM
mozilla firfox!!I use that and havent had any pop ups.

C-2
03-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Google is nice - easy on and off in case you need to let one thru, no conflicts with other software/spyware removal/firewall programs.
Wax on, Wax off
BTW
Since only pewter geeks are following this thread....
A really nifty little search bar can be found for free at www.groowe.com
The bar has all the major and substantive search engines in a drop-down format - meaning you only put your search term in once; search google, then hit the down arrow and it searches yahoo, then hit the down arrow and it searches teoma, on and on...
This speeds up the search process and ensures you are getting the most search results...what, google has you believing they are the only game in town?
:)