PDA

View Full Version : Boat mechanic in HB

CBadDad
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Can anyone reccomend a good boat mechanic in the Huntington Beach area for a pre-purchase inspection. Thanks in advance. :smile:

andy01
04-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Call GT Performance in Upland 909-982-8391 they are only 35 miles from you and worth it.
Andy

atomickitn
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Can anyone reccomend a good boat mechanic in the Huntington Beach area for a pre-purchase inspection. Thanks in advance. :smile:
what type of inspection are you looking for?... just a general look over or a full blown inspect?

CBadDad
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
what type of inspection are you looking for?... just a general look over or a full blown inspect?
I think I might need a full blown mechanic inspection. Got a buddy gonna check it out who is a life long boat guy and very mechanically inclined.
This boat had some kind of issues, but the owner doesn't know enough about what was done to explain it, and he can't find the paperwork. He says he spent $1800 last summer after the prop hit somethning and caused the engine to stop. He had to have the motor mounts replaced and he's not really sure what else.
The weird thing is this guy is a brother fireman and I asked him straight up, is there anything really wrong with this boat and you're dumping it and he said no. The reason he's getting rid of it make sense, so I believe him, I made an offer contingent on a mechanic inspection and he accepted saying he didn't think it there would be any problems.

riverroyal
04-24-2006, 07:18 PM
I think I might need a full blown mechanic inspection. Got a buddy gonna check it out who is a life long boat guy and very mechanically inclined.
This boat had some kind of issues, but the owner doesn't know enough about what was done to explain it, and he can't find the paperwork. He says he spent $1800 last summer after the prop hit somethning and caused the engine to stop. He had to have the motor mounts replaced and he's not really sure what else.
The weird thing is this guy is a brother fireman and I asked him straight up, is there anything really wrong with this boat and you're dumping it and he said no. The reason he's getting rid of it make sense, so I believe him, I made an offer contingent on a mechanic inspection and he accepted saying he didn't think it there would be any problems.
damn a neighbor,we need to do a K1 speed night again

CBadDad
04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
K1 night, I'm in!

JB in so cal
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maybe they have an arcade you can play in while the men race?? :cool:

Cs19
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
R.C. Performance in HB... Beach and Slater..Highly reccomended !!
Tell him Stark sent you.

boater012
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
I do mechanical inspections for yacht brokers all the time i have been in the boat business for years and i am very knowledgable. i usaully charge 250 for a full blown inspection but for a fellow ***boater ill do i for $150.00 i can go right to the boat as i am completely mobile. give me a call and i will give you more info. I have all the tools and i am an ase certified technician.

TCHB
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
RC in Huntington Beach

CBadDad
04-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks guys.