PDA

View Full Version : Air purifiers????

Jrocket
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Im looking into buying one of these air purifiers?Anybody use these in their homes?Whats better the Ionic or the HEPA?Or is there a big difference,I havent really cheacked into them yet.I need something quiet but can still suck the dust off a flys azz at 20yds.Turbo model possibly.... :)

NOTALENT
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Im looking into buying one of these air purifiers?Anybody use these in their homes?Whats better the Ionic or the HEPA?Or is there a big difference,I havent really cheacked into them yet.I need something quiet but can still suck the dust off a flys azz at 20yds.Turbo model possibly.... :)
Living Ait purifiers are suppost to be the best....I know from first hand expierience that they work well....My brother smoke over a pack a day....the house use to smell like that crap...put it in and it all went away....Also its great for dogs....My step mom was alergic, and would always sneaze and all that good stuff....shortly after it was on she seemed to clear up.

YeLLowBoaT
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
the ionic is crap. Not only does it not work but it ionises the air which can create 03( ozone). Quiet and powerful don't go toegther. Many diffrent orgs have tested most( if not all) of the air filters on t he market. All came up with the same thing. Unless your up for paying big bucks and changing filters all the time( which is more money) they are not wroth your time or money. If your really worried about the "dirt" in your air. Seal up your house and get a electro static airfilter installed in your ventalation system.

MagicMtnDan
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
This unit isn't inexpensive but if you really need clean air (for health purposes) then this is as good as it gets: IQAir HealthPro Plus
One of the world's most efficient HEPA air cleaners in its class. Incorporates H12/13 class certified HEPA filter, normally used in multi-million dollar cleanrooms. This certification under the world's most stringent HEPA filter test, European Norm EN 1822, is the basis for this air cleaners' ability to capture up to 100 times more particles than conventional HEPA cleaners. In fact, while other air cleaners are rated only for particles down to 0.3 microns, IQAir systems have been found to remove particles down to 0.01 microns with close to 99% efficiency.
Here's where I bought it: http://store.irawoodinc.com/iqheseaircld.html
Price: $655 (really good price for it)
http://www.iqair.us/images/healthpro.jpg

Jrocket
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Seal up your house and get a electro static airfilter installed in your ventalation system.
I need to check into this more.
No animals or smokers here,I just cant stand dust.I have allergies,maybe worse than most people.I just want to have good clean air in the house and try to keep my allergies from acting up.

YeLLowBoaT
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I need to check into this more.
No animals or smokers here,I just cant stand dust.I have allergies,maybe worse than most people.I just want to have good clean air in the house and try to keep my allergies from acting up.
then electrostatic is the way to go.

Jrocket
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I think I need to go back to the paper style intake filters for the HVAC system in my house also.The ones I have now are supposed to be the best but they dont work to well.Me thinks the kid at Home Depot is full of shiaaat on this one.

Mandelon
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
The key is moving air through the filter system, weather its electrostatic of HEPA. HEPA filters out particles you can't even see, down to like .5 microns. It may be more efficient than you need but its a good standard to go buy.
The ionic breeze dealios are pretty lame, they don't move much air so they don't collect so much. Check consumer reports or even the EPA website.
You can fit your house furnace to run more quietly with a supplemental fan and a HEPA filter....
Honeywell makes a good line, you can find em at walmart, sears or a few at the home depot...
I run some machines up to 2000 cfm....it will suck a bug outta the air....

SnakeWrench
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Wear two pair of underwear and stick a pine tree in your shorts. It'll help the smell, but not the dust. lol

LAVEYSABRE575
04-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Use what remediation companys use giant air scrubbers, which are actually hepa air purifiers. Ionic puts out ozone so does the living air bad stuff.I use honeywell hepa air cleaners from homedepot they work great......derek

Jrocket
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Wear two pair of underwear and stick a pine tree in your shorts. It'll help the smell, but not the dust. lol
With my luck,some squirrel will try to get my nuys!

Jrocket
04-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Hepa filters i forgot are Just that filters NOT PURIFIERS!! And go check out the replacement costs of the filters $30.00-40.00 each every Month!!! there is No filter to replace in our units " Filterless Purification" :idea:
What type and frequency of maintanence does your systems require?

MagicMtnDan
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Hepa filters i forgot are Just that filters NOT PURIFIERS!! And go check out the replacement costs of the filters $30.00-40.00 each every Month!!! there is No filter to replace in our units " Filterless Purification" :idea:
You've got four posts here and two of them are on this thread selling some hocus-pocus pure air machine :crossx:
Your posts are sales presentations and the harder someone sells an air purifier the faster I run the other way.
Do your research and read up on all the air cleaning systems and your decision will be easy. It won't be cheap but cheap things rarely have value.