PDA

View Full Version : okay, what would you buy?

dean51267
03-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I am SERIOUSLY considering selling the one I have, it goes to the body shop next week for a killer paint jon, so I should be able to get my money out of it, I figure it is worth some $35K, and I will come up with cash.
I am looking for a 25 to 28', not sure if I want twins or not, need to run 70 mph plus on STOCK POWER (I am not a gear head)................
Something in BRIGHT yellow.........
What would YOU buy...
(PS Thanks for the input, you guys are alright, no matter what you ma says)

moneypit
03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
I like the one on the left :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Al depends on what you want to spend

dean51267
03-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Al depends on what you want to spend
less is always better but I am not penny wise and pound foolish, lloking for a 10 year boat, will to pay for quality/.......
I am fortunate, I can afford whatever I want, figuring that out is the hard part....
Repiability is important, I want to be able to get i nthe boat and in 5 minutes have it off the ilfe and pulling out of the slip, and to do this week in and wwek out two or three days a week every week.

Tom Brown
03-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I am fortunate, I can afford whatever I want, figuring that out is the hard part....
If you've got the bucks, I'd go for a Glastron. :cool:

moneypit
03-27-2005, 06:02 PM
There are so many different options to consider to your delima. First of all you need to consider your needs... Family? Or just you? Deck? Cuddy? Open bow? Cat? V-hull? Then you need to consider your experience in driving a boat and how fast you are willing to drive and what you feel safe doing.
After you get all that stuff together, then re-ask the question on these forums and you will have many different sugesstions to a name of a boat....You will get many good suggestions based on personel experiences.
You need to narrow it down a little.

Kilrtoy
03-27-2005, 06:11 PM
less is always better but I am not penny wise and pound foolish, lloking for a 10 year boat, will to pay for quality/.......
Repiability is important, I want to be able to get i nthe boat and in 5 minutes have it off the ilfe and pulling out of the slip, and to do this week in and wwek out two or three days a week every week.
With that said, You can get some nice late 90's Cig's or early 2000's Fountains

dean51267
03-27-2005, 06:23 PM
There are so many different options to consider to your delima. First of all you need to consider your needs... Family? Or just you? Deck? Cuddy? Open bow? Cat? V-hull? Then you need to consider your experience in driving a boat and how fast you are willing to drive and what you feel safe doing.
After you get all that stuff together, then re-ask the question on these forums and you will have many different sugesstions to a name of a boat....You will get many good suggestions based on personel experiences.
You need to narrow it down a little.
Boat is wife, 2 freinds, and I, no deck, often in 3' swells, open or cuddy, cat would be nice, have a v-hull now, I know a v-hull is safe in my water, not sure about a cat, I drive a H2, only time ever arrested was racing on the street (7 times) 70's is good, want to run in the 70's without beating my wife to death..................
Needs ot be bright yelow (company colors)..............

moneypit
03-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Three foot swells... I would start at 28'.

Sane Asylum
03-27-2005, 07:10 PM
want to run in the 70's without beating my wife to death........
You really don't need the 51' Outerlimits.......the 39' will suit you just fine.... :D

Burley1
03-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Call Stoker and have him build you a 26' with a single stern drive and it will do everything you want and so much more