PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4

v-drive
03-28-2005, 05:02 AM
We are looking at these. are there any horror stories out there?
:coffeycup v-drive

dmontzsta
03-28-2005, 06:22 AM
We are looking at these. are there any horror stories out there?
:coffeycup v-drive
My friend just bought an A4 wagon, so far so good.

Jordy
03-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Some of my friends had one for a couple years and loved it, then moved up to an A6 and had it for about a year and now run around in a new A8. They have had nothing but good things to say about every one of them. :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2005, 07:01 AM
I've always loved the Audis...if I could fit in an S4, I'd do it in a heartbeat (can't beat the Quattro).
Electrical problems (or the perception of) have plauged Audis for years...and their resale value shows it.

MOSKITOW
03-28-2005, 07:07 AM
We have a 2001 A4 1.8T 5spd, love the car we have not had the car chipped because wife has a led foot :hammer2: we have had good luck with car over all, one of the problems we have had all the motor mech. on the windows go out, we have had to replace 6 units... :mad: in talking with a few of the mechanics down at the dealership they all say the quatro is the way to go...but expensive...I would ask if they have fixed the problem with the windows...

boxscore
03-28-2005, 07:38 AM
We had an 03 A4 Cabriolet. 3.0 engine. Snowmobile tranny (CVT)
It was awesome. Our car situation changed an we had to get a larger SUV, so we only owned it for about a yr. Now they make an S4 Cab. The V8 pushes that little cab like a raped ape. I'd love to have one. Fit and finish of the car was really good. The conv top is designed very well. A true 4 season car.

Sherpa
03-28-2005, 07:40 AM
watched a "road & track" type show from Europe which tested both the A4,
and the Mercedes 320 C class...... while both cars were killer, and the A4 got
huge marks for the interior and comfort, both performed very well, they liked
the 320C better.......... the A4 was tested at 37k Euro's, while the 320C was
tested at 40K Euro's................
I'd get the Mercedes myself......
--Sherpa

BrendellaJet
03-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Just replaced the trans in mine, 15k miles. Steering column vibrates and makes noises- every dealer I bring it too says its normal. I wont buy another.

v-drive
03-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Just replaced the trans in mine, 15k miles. Steering column vibrates and makes noises- every dealer I bring it too says its normal. I wont buy another.
Brian, call me...(949)683-6255

al cole'holic
03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I am on my 2nd A4 and have been completely satisfied. First one was a 1.4T and this one now is an '02 3.0 6spd (which is for sale!). Rusnak Audi has been very good to us with the scheduled services that are included and take very good care of the cars. I have never had any problems that I didn't cause, I took the 1.4T in the sand dunes at Park Moabe after a few drinks which was real f'n fun :D but I burned the clutch out....Rusnak got it warrantied and saved me a $1700 bill! They are good cars and alot of fun in the canyons :rollside:

Jrocket
03-28-2005, 05:00 PM
I just got a 05 S4,so far no problems and the dealership did a great job on the sale and customer service.

Mandelon
03-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I have two friends with Audi's one is an A4, its in and out of the shop a lot. she is not happy.
The is the TT, She loves it when it runs right.....it was a lease and she gave it back. Now she drives a honda.... :idea:

moneypit
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Buy your self the S-6 avant. Badass wagon!

al cole'holic
04-03-2005, 05:23 PM
...had a pic of the Audi for sale too :)
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/audi.jpg

al cole'holic
04-08-2005, 02:14 PM
...anyone need a bump? :D

totenhosen
04-08-2005, 02:23 PM
go to the forums at audiworld.com or vwvortex.com and they'll let you in on the problems with the car.

cdog
04-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Keep Americans at work!
Buy American

totenhosen
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Keep Americans at work!
Buy American
What is your definition of an American car? Is there even a car/truck that is comprised 100% of parts made and assembled in the US?

Jrocket
04-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Hard to beat a German sports sedan.

cdog
04-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Hard to beat a German sports sedan.
I know what you mean. But I really hate all those euro turd cars. I have a good friend and a fellow hot boater who works for GM. All my gm cars and trucks have been great. The vette will spank any audi out there. And ask yourself, when was the last time you saw a 10 year old audi on the road? Probably never.

totenhosen
04-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I know what you mean. But I really hate all those euro turd cars. I have a good friend and a fellow hot boater who works for GM. All my gm cars and trucks have been great. The vette will spank any audi out there. And ask yourself, when was the last time you saw a 10 year old audi on the road? Probably never.
I guess you haven't heard of an RS4 or even the S4! And I see 10yo Audis on the road jsut about everyday. If you are not remotely interested in a certain car you'll never seen them.

al cole'holic
04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I guess you haven't heard of an RS4 or even the S4! And I see 10yo Audis on the road jsut about everyday. If you are not remotely interested in a certain car you'll never seen them.
..I should hope a Vette would smoke a base model 4cyl Audi, but it's pretty funny what an RS or an S will do to the beloved "heartbeat" :D

MagicMtnDan
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
..I should hope a Vette would smoke a base model 4cyl Audi, but it's pretty funny what an RS or an S will do to the beloved "heartbeat" :D
Neither of those cars will touch a Vette. Not unless they've been chipped, etc.
As for the A4, Audi makes good cars and the Quattro is excellent. But if you're in the market for an A4-sized car, take a look at the Lexus IS300. Lexus has a new one coming out - new body, etc., and it's an awesome car - about the same size as an Audi, holds its value much better and, believe it or not, the IS300 performs very well (and it's rear wheel drive). Not a monster performer but great all around and you can't beat Lexus dealership service.

havasuaddicted661
04-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I have a 2001 a6 2.7 twin turbo quattro could be happier with the car never had any major problems with it came with a 100,000 miles free maintience from Rusnak couldnt be happier with the car, lease is up in a couple months and gonna go get a another one.. :)

flat broke
04-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Thought about buying an a4 wagon back in Nov-December. Cheaped out and bought a WRX wagon. Actually what it boild down to was the fact that I did the research on the A-4 and overall, they get horrible marks for longevity and long term customer satisfaction. Nice cars for sure, but I hate dealing with perpetual service issues.
Buy American is nice and all, but if you really like to drive, and value the go more than the show, the Subie Legacy 2.5 GT might be up your alley. Subies have great reliability history, oustanding crash performance, and the 2.5 Legacy will be one of the new "hot" tunning platforms.
If you want the bling, lease an Audi or Benz. If you want to drive, buy a Beemer or a Subie ;)
Chris

Jrocket
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Neither of those cars will touch a Vette. Not unless they've been chipped, etc.
As for the A4, Audi makes good cars and the Quattro is excellent. But if you're in the market for an A4-sized car, take a look at the Lexus IS300. Lexus has a new one coming out - new body, etc., and it's an awesome car - about the same size as an Audi, holds its value much better and, believe it or not, the IS300 performs very well (and it's rear wheel drive). Not a monster performer but great all around and you can't beat Lexus dealership service.
Put 5 people in a vette and 5 people in a S4 or and RS6 and see what happens then.
The Vette is an awesome car,but why is it every time somebody mentions a 4 dr sedan car,the Vette lovers throw the gold chains on and unbutton there shirts?Once again there nice cars and I'd buy one if I could find a reason to want one that bad but they only hold 2 people.