PDA

View Full Version : Big Boats

69 Elim
03-28-2005, 10:15 AM
ok, a little bit off subject, but we are planning on taking a Mexican cruise (7 days) for a vacation with some friends. We are wondering if the Royal Caribbean or Carnival would be a better choice (leaving from LA). We are interested in a more adult/fun trip.
Anyone with experience? - thanks -

Craig
03-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Only been on one and it was Carnival. Short cruise to Ensenada. Not bad, seemed a little on the low rent side, but it was still fun. I'd like to do another cruise, probably use another company just to compare.
Craig

Chase
03-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Does it matter if the boat is a custom boat or just a production boat??? :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Carnival, Way better party and stays longer in ports, the baja trip stays til midnight......
Royal if you just got married

BADASS38CHEVY
03-28-2005, 12:26 PM
More kids on carnival,but a better party time.Royal Caribbean nicer ship but more of a blue haired crowd.

Dribble
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
We did that cruise last summer on Carnival and had a great time. There were alot of kids but the ship's programs kept them busy all day so they weren't running around bored being a pain in the ass. Make sure you get a balocony cabin, it is definitely worth the extra money. We also ended up with dinner seating at a table for two. I'll make sure we get that again next time.
The rear pool / spa is adult only and the staff enforces it but we didn't mind hanging at the two pools in the center of the ship, even though we're old. Carnival is the best crowd as far as partying and fun and the food was great.

RiverDave
03-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Royal Carribean all the way.. Carnivale is for the po folk. ;) :D
When we were on our cruise, the comedian that was on the ship actually cracked a joke..
"Hey kid you better finish that lobster, theirs kids starving on Carnivale ya know." (A Carnival cruise ship had run out of food earlier that week)
RD

Dribble
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
RD
Actually we're old and po.

a catered life
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
RD
yo dave i have to agree with you on that one......... so thats why i took the carnivle trip.............royal carribean was fun of stuck up older folks :yuk: that just retired are need to :yuk: . carivle was a fun youthful trip that partied all the way

RiverDave
03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
If my soul purpose of my vacation was to party it up like a rockstar, then I'd goto Rosarito on Spring Break, or Cancun or something and I'd get blitzed the whole time..
When I went on my cruise, I wanted the absolute best food, best accomodations, nicest suites, friendliest help, and then some partying on the side. Their was no lack of party'ers on the RC cruise I went on. The 1st night I didn't even go to the fancy dress up dinner.. The 2nd night I did, and after that I was there with bells on every night after that.
If your just planning on getting shit faced.. hell You can do that just about anywhere. Go for the amenities. ;) Doesn't cost that much more, and your treated like a rock star everywhere you go.
RD

carbonmarine
03-28-2005, 03:17 PM
** CRUSIE SHIP's ALL SMELL LIKE SH&% AND THERES REALLY FAT PEOPLE EVERYWHERE ** Also, the cruise ships on the west coats are teh fleets worse..
Words of advise: Fly to a destination or bring your own pillows/sheets and antibacterial scrub. The News just did a special segment on this where they broke out the blue light for the beds, floors & walls...and cruise ships put Vegas to shame for Pecker Tracks in a big way !
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

racecar.hotshoe
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
We are going in june flying to San Jaun.7 nights out to sea!on R/C. :D