PDA

View Full Version : desert storm poker run?

Fast Freddy
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
so i am taking my nordic to the desert storm poker run in havasu this weekend. no i am not entering the event. i am just goin to park my boat in one of the coves on the side of the river and watch all these fast boats go zoomin by me as i kick back and take in all the speed. anyway, my question is this > where is the 1st card stop for the BIG fast boats that go out on the course 1st thing in the morning? is it black meadow landing marina or havasu springs marina?
also what time is the 1st run of boats released on the water? i heard the pace boat is gonna drop the flag at copper canyon. so i want to make sure that i find a good spot to anchor early in the morning past this point so that i am not in their way when they go flyin down the river.
if i just new where the 1st card stop was i would know where to anchor at as i have been to havasu many times and i have a detailed map of the river
last but not least what time can i pull out of my anchorage spot and head back towards the channel so as not to interfere with the poker runs return runs back to the island?

Huckleberry
04-24-2006, 09:08 PM
There is a huge group from here rafting up just outside Black Meadows landing. The first wave is supposed to leave Thompson Bay at 9:00. Here's a link to the thread for the raft up.
Poker Run Raftup Thread (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110741)

BadKachina
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Jim hasn't annouced where the first stop is going to be. I think everything is a secret at this time. He wants to change everything up and possibly have two groups in two different directions. I also was told that the run may start with a parade through the channel first, look for something a little bit different this year. :wink:

Fast Freddy
04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
There is a huge group from here rafting up just outside Black Meadows landing. The first wave is supposed to leave Thompson Bay at 9:00. Here's a link to the thread for the raft up.
Poker Run Raftup Thread (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110741)
thanx 4 that link Huckleberry. looks like Black Meadows landing is the spot. i will be there at 8:30 am. the real poker race will take place early in the morning when all of us race to this spot to get a good spot to anchor to watch the desert storm poker run, lol

jdnichols
04-25-2006, 06:15 AM
You guys just arn't looking hard enough. :)
www.lakeracerllc.com
Information link

Huckleberry
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Jim,
Do I read the info right about the Friday lunch run? If my son and I have not received our wristbands in the mail already, we cannot attend the luncheon?

Fast Freddy
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
You guys just arn't looking hard enough. :)
www.lakeracerllc.com
Information link
that parade thru the channel is gonna be sweet!! take lots of pictures of that! a video would be even better.......

jdnichols
04-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Jim,
Do I read the info right about the Friday lunch run? If my son and I have not received our wristbands in the mail already, we cannot attend the luncheon?
The Lunch run was limited to the first 300 people who registered. Not all who registered early will be able to come down due to not arriving early enough. So we should have room for a few more. Come on down.
Jim