PDA

View Full Version : Noise Tickets??.. Anyone?

jackpunx
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Has anyone gotten a noise ticket yet? or been kicked off the lake?
Anyone?

Mr.Havasu
03-28-2005, 02:02 PM
what are you worried about :D

jackpunx
03-28-2005, 02:05 PM
what are you worried about :D
LOL.. Oh nothin.. just poken around :D

BigDoug
03-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Well poke around somewhere else buddy, this isn't the place for it........... :rollside:

RiverDave
03-28-2005, 02:13 PM
A couple of my neighbors did. It was brought up in the HOA meeting a few different times. What people were saying (need to confirm with boatcop though) was the 1st time is a ticket.. The 2nd time, you have to go see the judge, and the 3rd time they impound your boat?? Once again ask boatcop..
The ironic thing is at the HOA meeting they were all talking about a particular guy, with a particular boat.. And that boat supposedly got impounded becuase of multiple offenses with the muffler issue etc.. LOL Shortly after I put my boat in the water on Saturday the very same boat in question blew by me like I was standing still, just as loud as it ever was. So who knows?
RD

Ducatista
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I was chillin in the channel with a friend on Sat and there were alot of boats going by that already had silencers on...they still sounded good & you didn't have to suspend the conversation while they went by. I was kinda surprised by how many boats already made the change...impressed.

GHTRIM
03-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Was in Havasu for 9 days and on the water five of those... I didn't see them testing at Windsor (although that doesn't mean they weren't). I think there were too many people to watch and they could not concentrate their efforts on this ONE all important task. :D I tend to believe it will mostly blow over as long as people try to comply. I think they have several people in mind for this particular law and once law enforcement is happy with their efforts they will let it lay (for a while anyway). My .02 :D

jackpunx
03-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Do you think this particular boat.. and the particular driver was driving in a particularly peculiar manor that may or may not have offended the officers in question?
Oh and more importantly.. how loud was he in comperison to .. say.. I dont know.. ME!

superdave013
03-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't know how you guys didn't get hassled years ago. I had a flatbottom in the chanel parked. This was in the late '80's in Feb. It had open headers but was not even running. That Uncle Buck sob made me push the fockin boat out of the channel or he was going to give me a ticket.
I think he just wanted to power trip on some kid (me) and watch me freeze my ass off.

RiverDave
03-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Do you really want me to put a bullseye on your back like that?
To answer your earlier question... Yeah the guy I was referring to earlier had a couple of run ins with the law in Parker, and on one of the instances I witnessed, he was less then polite to them. Come to think of it, I was about 100 yards away, and I could hear pretty clearly exactly what he thought of them.. LOL
RD

jackpunx
03-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Do you really want me to put a bullseye on your back like that?
To answer your earlier question... Yeah the guy I was referring to earlier had a couple of run ins with the law in Parker, and on one of the instances I witnessed, he was less then polite to them. Come to think of it, I was about 100 yards away, and I could hear pretty clearly exactly what he thought of them.. LOL
RD
thanks cupcake

J540
03-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I was in the channel sat, no problems. But i was trying to fly under the radar as much as possible,
what gets me is all the guys that have twins, is it a little Dick thing that you have to have both of them running, just to go through the channel :rolleyes: .
not that we had to worry about the air in the channel on sat, but i see this all the time. Are we that deprived of attention that we have to have both running, or do we not know how to drive or compensate with one of them off.
most have a boat that is 10 on the cool factor allready. dont get it.
I dont think its a driving thing , cuz i have driven cats and vee's with twins and had no prob,. :hammerhea's

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
what gets me is all the guys that have twins, is it a little Dick thing that you have to have both of them running, just to go through the channel :rolleyes: .
not that we had to worry about the air in the channel on sat, but i see this all the time. Are we that deprived of attention that we have to have both running, or do we not know how to drive or compensate with one of them off.
I dont think its a driving thing , cuz i have driven cats and vee's with twins and had no prob,. :hammerhea's
I have twins (but not a little dick). :confused:
With one motor running, I cannot make a turn- I have to put one motor in reverse to get the boat to come around. Also, if someone cuts me off (like Fat Matt), then one engine will probably not stop me in time- been there, done that. If you don't believe me...I'll let you try it sometime.
Without two motors running, I most likely will run over those little dick guys with exposed engines. :jawdrop:

jackpunx
03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
I was in the channel sat, no problems. But i was trying to fly under the radar as much as possible,
Nice.. I’ve heard your boat.. Its similar in sound to mine..We were in the channel last week.. and I saw a lot of boats with exhaust.. but I saw lots with out..
Do you plan on doing anything about yours?

Reaper1
03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
J540 - I don't think there is any way for you to stay under the radar. :wink: I was in the channel and heard your boat coming from the Nautical. Also, while ordering food at Golden Shores on Sunday my brothers like, do you hear that, I think it's J540. :cool: If they didn't hassle you this weekend I'm sure no one else got hassled. Made me want to pull my mufflers off!

J540
03-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Nice.. I’ve heard your boat.. Its similar in sound to mine..We were in the channel last week.. and I saw a lot of boats with exhaust.. but I saw lots with out..
Do you plan on doing anything about yours?
Yes iam, its to loud in the channel no doubt. it wont take much i got the idle way down just need to get the sharpness out of it . iam having some made right now.

Phat Matt
03-28-2005, 03:02 PM
With one motor running, I cannot make a turn- I have to put one motor in reverse to get the boat to come around. Also, if someone cuts me off (like Fat Matt), then one engine will probably not stop me in time- been there, done that. If you don't believe me...I'll let you try it sometime.
Without two motors running, I most likely will run over those little dick guys with exposed engines. :jawdrop:
If you see this boat in your way at the end of the season just run it over. ;)

J540
03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
come on now i know you can do it :D
you are right it is way easier with both,turnnig. and i have done it, it just takes a little ahead of time plannig but this weekend and every weekend i see boats going through with no plans of pulling into a tight spot.
OH and the little Dick thing, Well matt said------- :D
but Bro you are cool so its ok

carbonmarine
03-28-2005, 03:10 PM
In defense of us guys with Lil Peckers...
..... only one of those engines has the pwr steering on it and at 10K lbs... on one engine its a train wreck waiting to happen domino's style ..
We cant stop or turn very quickly, especially if one of the big twins has Merc 6
drives instead of Bravo's.... Those 6's dont bite too well in reverse .... :coffeycup :coffeycup

J540
03-28-2005, 03:12 PM
If you see this boat in your way at the end of the season just run it over. ;)
Hay i did see you this weekend, I was going to say hi, but you were on the move

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2005, 03:16 PM
come on now i know you can do it :D
you are right it is way easier with both,turnnig. and i have done it, it just takes a little ahead of time plannig but this weekend and every weekend i see boats going through with no plans of pulling into a tight spot.
If I am pulling in (or out) of a spot...without one engine in reverse, I will need to take up most of the width of the channel...that's when people start screaming, "hey little dick...use both engines!". :hammerhea
Also, like carbonmarine said, god forbid my only running motor dies (I have blower motors that surge)...I am a projectile at that point. :supp:
My boat is also 11K lbs...it does not stop (or turn) on a dime (unless it is a big-ass dime)...
:D

J540
03-28-2005, 03:19 PM
In defense of us guys with Lil Peckers...
..... only one of those engines has the pwr steering on it and at 10K lbs... on one engine its a train wreck waiting to happen domino's style ..
We cant stop or turn very quickly, especially if one of the big twins has Merc 6
drives instead of Bravo's.... Those 6's dont bite too well in reverse .... :coffeycup :coffeycup
on a 34'er or bigger ok. I saw a 29 DCB have know prob, slowing down or turning. but you guys are right, sometimes in the channel you need all the advantage you can.
OKOKOK you all are OPPS i mean have big DICKS :D you WIN. :idea:

Windy
03-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Last year in parker we got a warning..and was told to take the boat off the water. :frown:

J540
03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Also, like carbonmarine said, god forbid my only running motor dies (I have blower motors that surge)...I am a projectile at that point. :supp:
I have a blown motor and when it die's it is hard to start when you want it to.
come on are you NEW just use the boat in front of you to stop like everyone else does :D

J540
03-28-2005, 03:33 PM
If I am pulling in (or out) of a spot...without one engine in reverse, I will need to take up most of the width of the channel...that's when people start screaming, "hey little dick...use both engines!". :hammerhea
you're right it is hard to get out w/boats allaround, and alot easer to turn with one in fwd one rev.
my mouth over shot my brain :hammerhea Dammit hate when that happens :D Sorry H.H.

Boatcop
03-28-2005, 03:40 PM
A couple of my neighbors did. It was brought up in the HOA meeting a few different times. What people were saying (need to confirm with boatcop though) was the 1st time is a ticket.. The 2nd time, you have to go see the judge, and the 3rd time they impound your boat?? Once again ask boatcop..
The ironic thing is at the HOA meeting they were all talking about a particular guy, with a particular boat.. And that boat supposedly got impounded becuase of multiple offenses with the muffler issue etc.. LOL Shortly after I put my boat in the water on Saturday the very same boat in question blew by me like I was standing still, just as loud as it ever was. So who knows?
RD
In Arizona there are 2 separate violations regarding noise and mufflers. 1st, no mufflers is a Petty Offense, punishible by a fine only. No provision for arrest, unless they fail to appear on the citation, and then the arrest is made for the FTA and not for the original violation of no mufflers.
The 2nd is an Arizona Game and Fish Commission Rule, that being exceeding 86 db at 50 feet. That particular violation is a class 2 misdmeanor, which is an arrestible offense, albeit no one would ever get arrested for such a relatively minor violation. Fine and jail possible, but usually just a fine.
It would be up to the judge if he wanted to see you after the 2nd or 3rd noise ticket, but there's no automatic referral.
In any boating violation we have the authority to order the boat to shore or off the water until the violation is corrected. Be it for PFDs, Fire Extinguisher, noise, mufflers, and so on.
There is no provision under the law (AZ) to impound a boat, except in the course of investigation for a serious criminal offense or accident, or if the person operating the boat has insufficient proof that they are in possession of the boat legally. Usually that occurs when the boat isn't registered to them, is not current on registration, and the operator has no paperwork regarding that boat. We can also impound if the boat has fictitious registration numbers or any identification/serial numbers or registration numbers/decals appear altered.
A person who displays fictitious or alterd registration card, registration numbers, or decal will also have the registration of any and every boat registered to them in Arizona REVOKED, and permanently barred from registering a vessel here.
If the engine, outdrive etc. serial numbers or the Hull ID number have been altered, we impound and can also forfeit the boat. The owner may not get it back even if they have proof of ownership. It's a felony to alter those numbers.
In the case of the guy Dave mentions, he fell into that no registration/no proof of ownership category. Impounding the boat had nothing to do with noise or mufflers.
In those cases the boat is released when the owner can prove current registration and proof of ownership.
Hope that clears it up.

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
my mouth over shot my brain :hammerhea Dammit hate when that happens :D Sorry H.H.
No worries! :D
You guys have the advantage on the noise (quieting down twins is twice as hard). Since another engine adds around 3 dbs, I will need each engine below 83 dbs...
...or just sell the damn thing. :rolleyes:
PS- I rode with Jimmy in his F-29 (w/sixes) through the channel a few times- he used to pull it off on one engine (depending on the wind).

MONEYFURNOTHIN
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
HMMM....a second motor or a penis enlargment.....if i go with the second motor are you sure its gonna offset my little pecker!

J540
03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
HMMM....a second motor or a penis enlargment.....if i go with the second motor are you sure its gonna offset my little pecker!
NODOUBT bro, just get her drunk she won't know, just give it to her twice :D . and hard that'll do it.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
03-28-2005, 04:10 PM
he' just a little fella but they call him the punisher, beside i can lick the skin off a potatoe......yeah your right im going with the second motor

J540
03-28-2005, 04:13 PM
No worries! :D
You guys have the advantage on the noise (quieting down twins is twice as hard). Since another engine adds around 3 dbs, I will need each engine below 83 dbs...
...or just sell the damn thing. :rolleyes:
look how many boats were over. if you can just make a good attempt and get it kind of low so its not to disruptive, i dont think thay will hassle you. Thay want BUI's.
And i cant blame them, look whats happening.

J540
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
he' just a little fella but they call him the punisher, beside i can lick the skin off a potatoe......yeah your right im going with the second motor
I have two but i can only fit one :mad: ill take a look mabe i can squeeze them in, not side by side, but in line. :D
and get a penis enlargment, man the best of both worlds.

LHC30Victory
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
that's the final word about that!

Jrocket
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh and more importantly.. how loud was he in comperison to .. say.. I dont know.. ME!
Ive heard your boat plenty in the last few weeks and its not that loud,atleast compared to most of the other blown motors.
P.S......wash your boat now!

chub
03-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I got no prollems. :D

460 jus getn it
03-28-2005, 05:31 PM
i have to ask is it only havazoo that they are hasseling people. i was at one of our local lakes this weekend and the sherriffs actully complimented my boat and said it sounds damn good. mind u i have a 18.5 jet with ot headers and is well over the limit. whats up with that?????????????

Kilrtoy
03-28-2005, 05:43 PM
What is all this talk of mufflers, I have thru the hub.....

Wicky
03-29-2005, 12:04 AM
What is all this talk of mufflers, I have thru the hub.....
Ya gotta love that Xs 2.
Wicky

jackpunx
03-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Ive heard your boat plenty in the last few weeks and its not that loud,atleast compared to most of the other blown motors.
P.S......wash your boat now!
Ive gotten mixed messages on that.. I dont think its all that loud.. but I have not been behind it yet..
PS PSSS.. I like it dirty!

Jbb
03-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Brown got a noise ticket this weekend ....not for anything amiss with the Glasboat wacker....But for some odd reason,everytime he gets around Johnny Law.....He plays this full blast over a bullhorn he carries.....Toms Message.. (http://http://richstevens.com/you-r.htm)
Lowriver said he will kick his ass and confiscate the bullhorn....Its obvious...Brown is outta control... :D