PDA

View Full Version : Ungreatfull SOBs on Vacation...anybody else?

DeltaSigBoater
03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Three years ago for spring break I took 2 of my fraternity brothers to Lake Mead. Before we left I told them this was going to be the extreme opposite of Havasu despite what they might have heard of or seen on TV, no night life, no random college-aged girls, and not too many other people. The response I got was “oh dude whatever, its chill.”
We went and from the first day, the first thing I heard was “hey lets go to the ‘sand bar’.” I quickly re-informed them that there was no “sand bar” and that this was not Havasu. As the trip drug on over the next 4 days I was told how this sucks, and that sucked, and this is the biggest sausage fest of all time, etc., so on and so forth. Needless to say I was looking forward to the end of the trip.
Over the past 3 years IÂ’ve been reminded by one of my frat bros, (Charlie) every time the subject of Lake Mead comes up how much its sucks, the lack of girls, why would anyone ever go out there.
Now Charlie has asked a few times in the last couple years to be included in on the upcoming trips, but he still hasnÂ’t gone, gee wonder why?
So last night my younger brother and I were talking about our the lake trips this summer, and Charlie walks in the apartment, and starts acting and talking like he will be going on the trip too. My brother quits talking and looks at me and I blurt out “ah, you’re not going ever again!” Charlie became very defensive with a bunch of “WTFs and WhyTF Not?” So I told him that I was sick of his shit talking about how gay lake mead is and that I’ll burn my place to the ground before I’d ever let him go again.
Anybody else have an experience like this?

nextel4u
03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Havasu is the place to go if you want to party and see hot girls! Lake Mead is the place you go for Hanging Out with the people you bring with you. There is a Sandy Beach just outside of Calville Bay Marina (by Rotary Cove). I was there last weekend and it was pretty cool, quite a few people with some cool boats and a few hot chicks. Lake Mead is a nice place to go if you want to get away from all the madness. But if you are going to be on a Lake for Spring Break, Havasu is the way to go!

Havasu_Dreamin
03-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Don't have an experience like that, but you handled it well I think.

ChumpChange
03-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Of course I've had this same situation. I was in a frat too.

victorfb
03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
have charlie find a date for a mead trip. that way he will have his cake and eat it too. ok, bad punn but you get the idea. i dont know charlie, but im betting he has a problem getting women and needs to be around drunk young girls that have no clue of what they are doing just so he can fantasize about one talking to him. get a clue charlie. are these the girls you really want to be with? the ones that probably dont remember who and or how many guys she was with the night before.

caroftheweek
03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
thats what i would have said. If they don't appreciate you taking them out, then let them go get their own boat. Screw them. I have the issue with bringing people and they want to go all over the lake. At the end of the weekend after staying in my home and riding in my boat and using my gas. They say "Thanks" and take off. I sit and think, The boat runs on gas not thanks. The house gets cleaned by people not thanks. and so on... Ungreatful bastards. Sorry for the rant, but i know how you feel.

Ziggy
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
There's always a few people on the "do not invite" list. Whether it was unappreciative and otherwise. My biggest gripe usually has to do with last second cancellations or lack of respect to the equipment/boat.
Those cancellations chapping the hide more than anything because they don't realize the scope of preperation, work schedule swapping and so on...and so on........... :boxingguy
But like you, the funniest thing is to see their faces when told why they haven't been re-invited, cuz they do tend to ask when they are getting to go again :rolleyes: :D

hoolign
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
have charlie find a date for a mead trip. that way he will have his cake and eat it too. ok, bad punn but you get the idea. i dont know charlie, but im betting he has a problem getting women and needs to be around drunk young girls that have no clue of what they are doing just so he can fantasize about one talking to him. get a clue charlie. are these the girls you really want to be with? the ones that probably dont remember who and or how many guys she was with the night before.
young girls that have no clue of what they are doing
Bless these chix!!
:D

superdave013
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
They are every where. We were at Buna Vista years ago and one of the boats broke down. A tag along was getting pissed because it was cutting into his ski time. As luck would have it my GF was vid taping myself and Larry wrenching on Larry's boat. You could see this fockster looking at his watch checking the time. You know, seeing how much time was lost.
Later that week he was bitching about it so I played the tape for him. I pointed out how he was timming us and he said that's right. He admitted he was pissed because the boat was down. So I thanked him for not only never pitching in on gas but also thanked him for running into Taft and picking up that starter for us. :idea:
That was his last trip.

bigrush45
03-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Man oh man I could go on forever on this topic. I've brought so many people up to my house at the river, and they all do the same shit. Ride my toys, take out my pwcs, drink beer in MY boat, we get to the dockbar and they buy only THEIR beers. It's bullshit. The only people I take to the river now are my girlfriend, and I have 1 friend whom I trust to always help out without me nagging him.
Tell everyone to get their own place, and bring their own toys.
Whew, once I started I couldn't stop!

Schiada76
03-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I've been lucky on the river house, I have one friend who is a liquor salesman. When he comes up not only does he bring more booze and beer than you can possibly drink, he brings bags and bags of hats, shot glasses shirts, beads etc. to give away. He then DEMANDS to pay for gas and vaccums the house and deck every focking day! :2purples:
'nother friend taht comes up can fix or tune anything and drives us around if we wanna tip a few during the day.
There have been a couple of asshats that will remain nameless and storyless however. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I don't understand how anyone can go and stay at a friends house, ride in a friends boat, and drink and eat a friends drinks/food and not offer to help clean up both the boat and the house or offer up any money for gas or food/drinks. HowTF were these types of people raised?!?!?!?!? No respect for other peoples stuff!

BADBLOWN572
03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
One of the things that will get you added to my "do not invite" list are those people who always bitch about $$$. 2 years ago we invited a girl who came with her A-hole boyfriend. We always just have everyone tell what they paid for the trip (ie, gas, food, supplies, etc...) At the end of the weekend we add up the total and divide by the # of people who were there. Simple. Everyone pitches in that way for everything.
Well, back to the story. This girls A-hole boyfriend asked to see receipts for everything. Not only that, he was going through the receipts and saying stuff like, "I didn't eat any of those chips so I don't think I should have to pay for them." When we calmly said that he needed to pay for this stuff he got upset. The problem is that the girl backed him up versus us. We let him ride aroud in the boats all weekend long, catered to his ass, and always had smiles on our face even though we hated him. Basically the way that it worked out was that he would not have to pay anything for the weekend, but at that point in time, he was no longer a guest and that we would charge him X number of $ to drive him home. Talk about throwing a temper tantrum. We then told him that he is more than welcome to call a cab, hitch a ride home, or to have someone from home to come and pick him up. In the end, he decided to pay us and we also made the stipulation that if he says anything on the ride home we would leave his ass wherever we were.
Last season the girl that took him came up and asked when we were going to the river again. I said "we, never! Me, this weekend." She got all hurt and started asking why. I told her and she said that it was not her. Basically I told her that her welcome went out the window when her invited guest acted up and because of that she was no longer invited to go with me and never would again.

wantacat
03-29-2005, 01:55 PM
That has happend to me a couple of times with some friends. Last year memorial day weekend i was wiping down my boat with aonther friend of mine. The girls were sitting in the truck along with another friend i had invited to the lake, he was being lazy as F*%$. so the girls told him, "hey, why dont you go help frank and Joey wipe down the boat?" He responds, "well, its not my boat." One of the chicks later on told me his reply. Needless to say I have never, invited him to the lake again. I just hate people like that, no respect. I think it has to do a lot on how they were brought up. They think its so easy to just go out and party. There is a lot more to it than that!

bigrush45
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
It's so nice to hear others similar stories. Here I thought, that I was the only dipshit that had to deal with these problems. Haha, I remember I told this one guy he should drive up on Saturday, we were there on Friday. So he shows up right, with $2. No seriously, $2. No beer, no cigarettes (he smokes, so he bummed them), no gas money..NADA. I made him go to the ATM the next day, and how much does he get, $40. And he spent it where.................the dockbar............on himself, and maybe one of those youngins that always seem to pop up at the bar.
I honestly have stories for days, that I haven't really told anyone else about. It feels good to laugh about this idiots.

WaTchTheGelCoat
03-29-2005, 04:12 PM
I dont own a boat, my best friend does, and have had boats in the past. I make sure that I pay for at least half of the gas, half of the lodging, and all of the booze. When the boat comes out of the water, you can bet your ass I am helping wipe her down. I dont understand some people.

Dave C
03-29-2005, 04:13 PM
you should have shown him the boat payment "receipt" and told him he rode in that, didn't he? :boxingguy
cheap fockers!
One of the things that will get you added to my "do not invite" list are those people who always bitch about $$$. 2 years ago we invited a girl who came with her A-hole boyfriend. We always just have everyone tell what they paid for the trip (ie, gas, food, supplies, etc...) At the end of the weekend we add up the total and divide by the # of people who were there. Simple. Everyone pitches in that way for everything.
Well, back to the story. This girls A-hole boyfriend asked to see receipts for everything. Not only that, he was going through the receipts and saying stuff like, "I didn't eat any of those chips so I don't think I should have to pay for them." When we calmly said that he needed to pay for this stuff he got upset. The problem is that the girl backed him up versus us. We let him ride aroud in the boats all weekend long, catered to his ass, and always had smiles on our face even though we hated him. Basically the way that it worked out was that he would not have to pay anything for the weekend, but at that point in time, he was no longer a guest and that we would charge him X number of $ to drive him home. Talk about throwing a temper tantrum. We then told him that he is more than welcome to call a cab, hitch a ride home, or to have someone from home to come and pick him up. In the end, he decided to pay us and we also made the stipulation that if he says anything on the ride home we would leave his ass wherever we were.
Last season the girl that took him came up and asked when we were going to the river again. I said "we, never! Me, this weekend." She got all hurt and started asking why. I told her and she said that it was not her. Basically I told her that her welcome went out the window when her invited guest acted up and because of that she was no longer invited to go with me and never would again.