PDA

View Full Version : I've just been diagnosed with pneumonia.......

Rod-64
03-29-2005, 01:55 PM
After 2 doctors, and 300 bucks later. Been sleeping 18-20 hrs a day, cold chills, the sweats. Never had this before and don't wish it on anyone.
Today seems to be the best. Hopefully I'm over the hump. Been sick since Good Friday and I haven't slept this much since I was a newborn. The only good part is the cough medicine with the codeine in it. :p It really makes you cranky being like this when you're used to working and doing things. TV really sucks when that's all you can do.
OK......enough of the venting. :D

JB in so cal
03-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Get well, Rod!

dicudmore
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
been there and done that...not fun, get well soon :cool:

FMluvswater
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Much sympathy Rod. :( Being sick sucks. Hope you feel much better and soon. Take care. :)

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2005, 03:35 PM
I have a cousin in the hospital in Long Beach fighting for his life for the past 3 weeks from type B pneumonia...Never heard of it before this. It's the same type that 35 year old actress from meet the Fockers just died of. Be very carefull! His organs including his liver are shutting down and they haven't given him much chance of recovery. It's been horrible. Please double check with your doctor and ask him/her about Type B make sure they rule it out.
Don't mean to scare you, but it seems like there is some scary shit going around So. Calif.

JB in so cal
03-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I have a cousin in the hospital in Long Beach fighting for his life for the past 3 weeks from type B pneumonia...Never heard of it before this. It's the same type that 35 year old actress from meet the Fockers just died of. Be very carefull! His organs including his liver are shutting down and they haven't given him much chance of recovery. It's been horrible. Please double check with your doctor and ask him/her about Type B make sure they rule it out.
Don't mean to scare you, but it seems like there is some scary shit going around So. Calif.
Hey, now!!!!!!
BTW I think Rod64 lives in AZ. Kingman, I think

Stealth Marine
03-29-2005, 03:42 PM
After 2 doctors, and 300 bucks later. Been sleeping 18-20 hrs a day, cold chills, the sweats. Never had this before and don't wish it on anyone.
Today seems to be the best. Hopefully I'm over the hump. Been sick since Good Friday and I haven't slept this much since I was a newborn. The only good part is the cough medicine with the codeine in it. :p It really makes you cranky being like this when you're used to working and doing things. TV really sucks when that's all you can do.
OK......enough of the venting. :D
Brings back BAD memories.
Had "A-Typical Viral Pneumonia" about 10 years ago.
By the time they put me in the ICU they told my wife I would not make it through the night.
Took me a good month to recover and another month to come back up to speed. Couldn't talk, could't walk without near exhaustion for weeks after I got out of the hospital.
Since then I have had it come back twice.
Never as intense, but I get REALLY AGRESSIVE with it the moment I "taste" it in my throat coming back. Since it was the viral strain, it will never completely go away, and thus it comes back from time to time when I get seriously worn out or run down.

Tom Brown
03-29-2005, 03:45 PM
I hope you get better soon, Rod. :)

HCS
03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
That sucks. I had the samething last year. Took me 5 days and lots of drugs to get over it.
Lots of sleep is the only way to beat it. Hope your feeling better.

Her454
03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Lots of rest and meds is the only way to cure this........ Hope your feeling better soon.

SoCal_fun
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Wow Rod! Hope you get over this soon buddy!!!! Don't get up and around too early tho.

BiggusJimbus
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Sleep sitting up whenever possible. And take frequent EASY walks. You need to keep that blood moving to help clear your lungs. Yes, and sleep lots and get plenty of liquids (seems contrary, I know).
Good Luck. Sucks to be sick.

LUVNLIFE
03-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Jeez Rod take it easy and get better. I know you are a gogetter and work your ass off but take care and get well soon. Sorry to hear you are down :( Cale

gigamurph
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
I've had two bouts with pneumonia myself and I really feel your pain Rod-64. Was told by the doctors that once you've had a case of pneumonia that you're more apt to have more bouts with the crap in the future.....and Stealth Marine is right on, sleep sittin' up as much as your body will tolerate. (Not too much though. Can lead to other problems which we won't talk about in mixed company.) In the future when you feel a new case comin' on; and believe me, you'll learn the feelin', get to the doc PRONTO! I waited with my second case and damn near had to go to the hospital. Said if I had waited anothewr 12-24 hours I most likely would have went straight to ICU. Been lucky though. The only ill side effect that I've noticed out of it all is that while sick the first time, I got my a** on the forums and have been reelin' form the pain ever since! :2purples: Good luck and get well soon!

RiverKitty
03-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Rod,
Let me know if you need anything.
I'd be happy to help out in any way I can.
Hope you feel better soon!!!
Cheers ~RK :)