PDA

View Full Version : Ford Expedition Owners Past/Present --->

dmontzsta
03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
What octane fuel do you run?
Also, what major problems did/do you have?

phebus
03-29-2005, 05:17 PM
1998 Eddie Bauer 94K miles. All I've ever run was 87 octane. Never had a problem, not even a little one. Regular maintenance always done, otherwise, no extra money spent. It's been the best vehicle I have ever owned for reliability. I've wanted to sell it and get something new, but I always said when I start having problems, I'll get rid of it. Needless to say, I stilll have it!!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
i have a 2000 eddie bauer 2wd with about 82k miles. at 81k, i had to put in a tranny. then my sunroof took a shiat on me. that is another $2k to fix. but i love the car. the thing is a horse.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
My wife drives one........a kid carrier.....
It's a 98' with about 85K.......
Never had a problem with it......
I'd like t get her a new one, but I like not aving the payment......
A new one would cut into my boating budget......
Do you know how many drives I can buy for a new Expedition !!!!
Later,
CJG
:D

phebus
03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
My wife drives one........a kid carrier.....
It's a 98' with about 85K.......
Never had a problem with it......
I'd like t get her a new one, but I like not aving the payment......
A new one would cut into my boating budget......
Do you know how many drives I can buy for a new Expedition !!!!
Later,
CJG
:D
It sure is nice to see a person that has their priorities straight! :D
Not having a payment is a beautifull thing.

RiverN00B
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I didn't own an expidition...but I did own an XLT bronco, 89...with the 5.8 and an AOD....it ate gas like no other..but I still loved it...bought it with 90k on it and ran it till 95k ish then had to get rid of it when the gas prices started to climb again...and the rear end started locking up....plus 32 gallons a week at 1.75 a gallon on a bi-weekly paycheck...just wasn't working... So, I betrayed myself and got another honda :(
It does however get me way better gas mileage...350 miles to 11 gallons as apposed to 350 miles to 32 gallons..

ryantparks
03-29-2005, 08:00 PM
we have a 98 w/5.4 and now have to run 89 octane in it so it doest ping. Up until about 6 months ago it always ran on 87. Still a great SUV for us. It has 68K on it.

Raisin Wake
03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
We're on our second one. Always 87 octane, never a problem...

rmarion
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
our 99, leased veh, turned back in w/ 90k. Not a day in the shop.
04, 10k, Black Eddie, just a bunch of car washes :cool:

Wavemaker
03-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I have a 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer, with 69,200 miles. As this vehicle is my daily driver / mobile office used on company business, I have it serviced regulary. Only problem I've had was a fuel filter clogged, which caused the electric fuel pump to overheat. Other than that I put a new battery in it a year ago, before I had any trouble like a dead battery. I have thought about getting a new vehicle for business, a daily driver but, I would definately have to give the new Expedition a good look as well as the Denali, Tahoe, Escalade, Navagator etc. I would go with the best buy for the money as long as the needs are met for my business requirements are met. Enough interior space to carry large items as a show booth case, products, as well a couple of people as the Expo. has worked so well for me. It also has always run on the 87 octain go juice too. With the gas prices going ever higher, it's going to be an expensive summer. Buy oil stocks, the profits will be huge!
Only the boat and my 454 Chevy dually run on the 92 go juice. - Wavemaker

THOR
03-29-2005, 08:51 PM
2001, 87 octane with the occasional fuel injector cleaner while on long trips. Has 103K miles and runs great. Doesnt tow great, but is great for a daily driver.

phebus
03-29-2005, 09:39 PM
2001, 87 octane with the occasional fuel injector cleaner while on long trips. Has 103K miles and runs great. Doesnt tow great, but is great for a daily driver.
I think my Eddie Bauer model with the factory air bags, and the 5.4 engine tows better then our Yukon XL with the rear coil suspension.

callbob4homes
03-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Had an 02, loved it for trips before gas went thru the roof. Being in real estate and doing alot of driving, doesn't make sense anymore, so traded it off for a 04 Taurus w/ DOHC V6. Amazing power and 24 mpg around town.

THOR
03-30-2005, 06:38 AM
I think my Eddie Bauer model with the factory air bags, and the 5.4 engine tows better then our Yukon XL with the rear coil suspension.
Really? My Tahoe pulled much better than the Exp.

phebus
03-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Really? My Tahoe pulled much better than the Exp.
I just need to put air bags on the rear of the Yukon XL. The rear end sags more then I like when the boat is hooked up, and I'd like to level it out for improved towing and braking.