PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the Ozarks Business Trip

dean51267
03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I have a business trip scheduled at Lake of the Ozarks (Four Seasons Resort). I live about 5 hours away in Paducah, KY. Will be there for three days, this is mostly a hang out with friends and talk business (taxes) event, so I will have time to play.
If I haul that big sob over there I will need help loading and unloading, and need a place to keep her for 3 days. I would probably get there in the morning of the 4th.
Anyone here from there that can pipe in? Thanks!

dean51267
03-29-2005, 06:15 PM
bump......................
dean@owencpa.com
888-owencpa

Infomaniac
03-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Put in at the state park. You can rent a slip there also. It is just 2 coves over from Party Cove. Not sure how much action there will be unles it is warm.

Wavemaker
03-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Why not call the Hotel, if they are on the water they may have courtesy docking for their paying guests? Several years ago the had a huge multi-division, national sales meeting held at Lake Of The Ozarks. I can't remember the name of the Hotel, but it was right on the lake, with a marina, rental boats. I do remember the hotel had lots of huge logs used as railings along walkways in the mulitiple story lobby area. I was a great Hotel for business meetings, convensions etc. See if they can arrange a slip for you. Many are covered with metal roofs.
Anyway, I had a great time there with several of our manufacturer's reps. and, friends from other divisions from around the country, etc. Many of us played golf several different times in the three and a half days we were there. I remember some of my friends trying to talk me into going in with them on a rental boat, (about an 18' runabout, stern drive), and spending the afternoon out on the lake site-seeing. As much as it killed me to turn them down, I was committed to a round of golf with some of the "big boys" in the company. About halfway thru the round of golf it started to rain and the wind kicked up. Soon there was a few lightning flashes around the area. I thought of my friends out on the water. One of my best friends (a former boss of mine) and his wife along with another great couple of friends I worked with, were in one boat I knew was out there at the time. I kept telling myself I wished I had reminded them to look back to where they started out from frequently and, remember some visual reference marks. If not, when you turn around to head back in, somethings are not going to look the same from this new perspective. Well you know Murphy's law, they got caught in the storm, the wives were scared as the lake got rough and the lightning scared the be-jabbers out of them all. That evening at cock-tail hour, they all found me to relate their experience. No one looked back while headding out, they finally got another boater to lead them back. All the while, the big go-fast boats where hauling butt past them and the wakes rocked them preaty good. Damn, I'm glad I played golf, at least we could hang in the golf carts when the rain came down fairly hard. A few years later my former boss bought a ski-boat, (later on stepped up to a 24 foot Hallett) and bought a condo in Havasu near the bridge. He never forgot the lesson he learned at Lake of the Ozarks. - Wavemaker