PDA

View Full Version : Magic;give credit when it's due

Not So Fast
03-30-2005, 04:16 PM
After I signed on to buy my boat I kept reading some pretty bad stories about Magic and the owner of the company as well. Now that we have had our boat for about 8 mo's I have to say I am pretty pleased with the after service care. As with any boat (I think) there were some issues and the latest was in my mind a big one. Just got my boat back and gotta tell you guys that as far as I'm concerned all the bad mouthing was not right, Ron M. has been great to deal with and Darrin has helped a lot. Sometimes it takes a while to get things done but they got done. So a big thanks to Clu, Jeff & Kat who kept me informed on all fronts!! Thanks a bunch :) :) NSF

NashvilleBound
03-30-2005, 04:22 PM
I am dealing with Darrin right now. Not sure if our deal will work or not but Darrin seems to be trying.....

riverracerx
03-30-2005, 04:37 PM
NSF, nice looking deck. Any more pics?

Not So Fast
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
NSF, nice looking deck. Any more pics?
Thanks, sometimes you need to hear it. There are more pix in members galleries. NFS

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Glad everything worked out....... :)

Magic34
03-30-2005, 06:59 PM
I am going to be on my 4th Magic. Should be done in a few weeks. I have always been taken care of as well, and obiviously happy with the product and service. Ron and entire family has always treated me right.
Michael

LAPII
03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Not so fast, been trying to keep quiet myself, this is not a bad mouth on Magic but if you do a search under Decckboat16. I have a question for you, Why?

Kachina26
03-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Not so fast, been trying to keep quiet myself, this is not a bad mouth on Magic but if you do a search under Decckboat16. I have a question for you, Why?
This one ? click (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51952&highlight=deckboat16)

Kilrtoy
03-30-2005, 07:33 PM
YOUR PAINT SCHEME AND MINE AND EVERYONE ELSES IS GONNA BE SPLASHED.
Money talks and BS walks...

rvrhlic
03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I have an issue to discuss with them tomorrow. They have always been VERY helpful and I am hoping this doesn't change.
Hopefully they will step up again from something they did wrong with the motor installation, I will give you guys and update tomorrow.

CJ
03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll let my "NO COMMENT" on this issue do the talking as I have a project that will warrant my unbiased attention coming very soon and as this is an issue that will be discussed, this is the perfect forum to bring up the following.
What I can say is ALWAYS get a promise in writing. If your design was duped and they never said they wouldn't, nothing you can do. If they promised up and down that they wouldn't and you don't get it in writing, nothing you can do. Get it in writing and you can, at the very least, prove a liar to be a liar.
No matter what a builder or mechanic says, it is your responsibility to get it in writing. If you don't, expect many to forget the promise VERY QUICKLY.
Chris Johnson

Indiansprings
03-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Thumbs up from me. They have always taken care of me. :D

CJ
03-30-2005, 10:02 PM
How'd those Gibson's do on your 500EFI?

Not So Fast
03-31-2005, 06:37 AM
Sorry if my boat graphics offend you, I apoligize for the similarities. I hope you can take it as a compliment. NSF

Indiansprings
03-31-2005, 06:57 AM
The Gibsons sound great. I know I am less than 88db. They look dam nice too.

jdogginla
03-31-2005, 07:15 AM
U haven't gotten over this yet? LOL Your ride is nice.......the graphics are nice, the colors are nice! In fact while I probably won't be getting a Magic I will probably will go with the same color scheme. :messedup:

caroftheweek
03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Clu is the best part of Magic. He has gone above and beyond for us many times. We have always owned Eliminators until now. We were going to go back with Bob as soon as he modernized his deck but with Clu on our side, we might just stay with Magic.
Ryan

JackieV
03-31-2005, 08:18 AM
I am going to be on my 4th Magic. Should be done in a few weeks. I have always been taken care of as well, and obiviously happy with the product and service. Ron and entire family has always treated me right.
Michael
Very nice! Art and I want a Magic...one day... :)

superdave013
03-31-2005, 08:36 AM
YOUR PAINT SCHEME AND MINE AND EVERYONE ELSES IS GONNA BE SPLASHED.
Money talks and BS walks...
That's why I say it takes more then gel coat and some what ever brand billet to be a "true" custom boat.
BTW, my gel got duped also. But that's the only thing that's the same.
I don't post pics of the hardware I make because it kept getting kocked off. Kinda bums ya when you see someone do a poor knock off of your part and sell the crap on this forum. They say take it as a compliment but sometimes that's hard to do.

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 09:36 AM
weve had ours 6 months or so,,,i love it,,Rons been great,Darrins a asset to the company(cant drive a fork worth a damn)Casey was great making the deal,,,havent met Clu yet,havent needed to!,,,,Id buy another one,,,,,Id put a pic up but Ive tried,I suck at it,,anyone wanna get a email from me a put it up?,,,we will be in havasu in 24 hrs,,,,yeah

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 09:46 AM
i suck,,,

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
thanks,,,

JB in so cal
03-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, well, well. Look who's come out into the sunshine.
How're things Riverroyal? When are you leaving tomorrow?

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
we are leaving at 7am,,,im ready now!,,trailers loaded,golf carts in it,trucks got gas,,just waiting on the wife,thank god shes workin

OutCole'd
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Id put a pic up but Ive tried,I suck at it,,anyone wanna get a email from me a put it up?,,,
Here you go.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1075DSC00006.jpg
Sweet boat. I will look for you this weekend.

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 10:42 AM
first pic ive had up here!!!!!thanks for the help,,we should be in the channel saturday if its not full,,,,sunday we will be there,,,we are staying till tuesday,,,hope to see ya,,,,thanks again,,,,i gotta find out how to put pics up

CJ
03-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Great looking boat OutCole'd! Hope your great experience continues.

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
thats my boat!

CJ
03-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh sorry, must have been floating off somewhere. Great boat Royal!

OutCole'd
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
thats my boat!
:D
Hopefully I see you out there.

JB in so cal
03-31-2005, 11:27 AM
thats my boat!
Always trying to get the positive kharma...

syke-o
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
nice boat riverroayal, we will be out this weekend too, and i will keep any eye out for ya

OutCole'd
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Always trying to get the positive kharma...
Can you hear the whining in his voice? :D

JB in so cal
03-31-2005, 12:15 PM
It's probably such an automatic reaction, he doesn't even notice.
I'm going out this weekend. Settting everything up down at Black Meadow. Hopefully hook up somewhere on Saturday.

riverroyal
03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
i need all the help i can get!,,,,,waaaa waaaa

OutCole'd
03-31-2005, 12:35 PM
It's probably such an automatic reaction, he doesn't even notice.
I'm going out this weekend. Settting everything up down at Black Meadow. Hopefully hook up somewhere on Saturday.
I'll be at the Islander getting things ready for the Summer. I'll walk the Channel Sunday looking for everyone.

rvrhlic
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Magic has always and continues to treat me right. There was an issue with my engine install last year which was discovered when Aaron was installing the Raylar kit this week. Magic is going to take of of the parts that were damaged and get them to Aaron to finish the install.
It is great that is taken care of.... but.... now I have to wait another week to get my maiden voyage with the Raylar dammit!
rvr

JB in so cal
03-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Magic has always and continues to treat me right. There was an issue with my engine install last year which was discovered when Aaron was installing the Raylar kit this week. Magic is going to take of of the parts that were damaged and get them to Aaron to finish the install.
It is great that is taken care of.... but.... now I have to wait another week to get my maiden voyage with the Raylar dammit!rvr
Damn. That sucks. If you're still going, flag me down; I'll have a cold one for you. Of course, I've still got just the lowly HO, but...

caroftheweek
03-31-2005, 03:22 PM
bummer rvrholic--
I was going to track you down and check it out...oh well. I hope all goes well and I will catch you on the next trip.
Ryan

rvrhlic
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Damn. That sucks. If you're still going, flag me down; I'll have a cold one for you. Of course, I've still got just the lowly HO, but...
I will be up there for sure... we are thinnkin about oging Ghetto and renting a pontoon boat. I will look for you and flag you down. Look for us in a ghetto rental pontoon.
EIther that, or I may just go to Aabsolute Speed and Marine fill the cooler up with beer and drink in the boat.
Clu should have the parts to Aaron on Teusday or Wednesday of next week so I will be back up for sure the followinf weekend on the magic doing my first tests. That is... unless something else goes wrong...

Ivan Dan
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll be up this weekend too....should be leaving here about 1ish on Friday. Keep an eye out for some of you guys....do the same if ya see me. YA YA YA...I'll have a sausage party going because we are doing a little bachelor party for a buddy. I'm sure we will have LOTS of cold ones so come on over and say hi.
DAN

Havaparty
03-31-2005, 06:23 PM
It is great that is taken care of.... but.... now I have to wait another week to get my maiden voyage with the Raylar dammit!
rvr
KC, Give me a call and we'll go out on Sat afternoon or Sunday for the day. Let me know and I'll pick out a boat to take.
See ya
Darrin I'll show you I can Drive!!!

Big Warlock
04-03-2005, 06:46 AM
I don't own a Magic but I would. I have looked at them several times. I have friends that have bought Sleekcraft. I don't know anyone unhappy with their Magic boat. I think one day there will be one in my boat collection.
That said, I know Brett, at least we know each other by site. He always says hello and always is interested in the boat I am driving and such. He is informative and has been talking to me for at least two years. We see each other on the lake and I have been to their shop on more than one occasion. They know who I am, or at least they make me feel that way. I always feel welcome at their shop in Phoenix. I drive by every now and again and just like to climb through a few boats and talk boat stuff. They seem to love boating as much as anyone I know, if not more. They take pride in their business. They seem to be a very family orientated business. I think they make a good product. And I think they have been very innovative with some of their recent work on designs and such. When it did seem feasible, they make it happen (engine shop, etc. etc.)
Again, I don't own a Magic. If I did, it would most likely be a Sorcerer or the new 34' cat. One day. There are many people buying known, worse products out there. And they seem to like it. Hell I have been on a friends boat that shook like an earthquake when he started it up. I wasn't sure the damn thing was going to make it out of the cove. And I damn sure wouldn't take that thing over idle speed. And people take these POS out to Catalina and back!! Hello??? Magic is the least of someone's worries. I would take a Magic out with no concerns at all.
Brett, don't call me tomorrow either. I'll see you on the lake!! hahahaha Send me an e-mail instead. :notam:
Good luck.