PDA

View Full Version : Poker Float Anchor Lines

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Just a reminder.......................................... ..............................
LONG ANCHOR LINES
I remember last year a few of you could not drop your anchors cuz the lines were not long enough. I do not want to spin in circles again this year. :) :)

Biglue
04-24-2006, 09:14 PM
HOw deep is that part of the river?
I better make sure I have enough anchor line. :idea:

Mrs. Grunion
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
our crew has 100ft lines hope that long enough.

djunkie
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Just a reminder.......................................... ..............................
LONG ANCHOR LINES
I remember last year a few of you could not drop your anchors cuz the lines were not long enough. I do not want to spin in circles again this year. :) :)
OK anchor lady. So how long should they be? :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no need to get technical on me. I have NO idea.
Never mind I will just go back to being blond. :p

Biglue
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
What about you Mr "I know the south side of Havasu like the back of my hand". :D
How long should they be? 50 foot enough? Maybe 100 footer?

djunkie
04-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey nnothing wrong with being blonde. :rollside:

djunkie
04-24-2006, 09:35 PM
What about you Mr "I know the south side of Havasu like the back of my hand". :D
How long should they be? 50 foot enough? Maybe 100 footer?
Hell I don't know. I just pull into a cove where its like 10' deep. Not sure how deep it is over there by BM. I have a 50' rope on my anchor but I may add some to it just in case.

Boy Named Sue
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
LONG ANCHOR LINES
I heard you're spun like a nun on the run.
Sieg Heil Anchor Line Nazi! :D ;)

Jordy
04-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey Mrs River Ripple 277, last year we didn't spin. Put the crack pipe down. :rolleyes:
p.s. on my boat, I've got 150' of anchor line with a box anchor. I bought the line from Rex Marine and got a stuff bag with it. Best thing I've done as it's very easy to deal with. Thanks Mikey. ;)

Wake Havasu
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Max is around 65 feet there.

Rexone
04-25-2006, 12:07 AM
p.s. on my boat, I've got 150' of anchor line with a box anchor. I bought the line from Rex Marine and got a stuff bag with it. Best thing I've done as it's very easy to deal with. Thanks Mikey. ;)
You're welcome Jordy thanx. We have anchor lines (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=topknotanchor) 50, 100, 150, & 200 in various colors and diameter. Large & Small Box Anchors too (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=boxanch). Don't wait till last minute on the lines though cause they take 2-3 days if it's one I don't have on the shelf. We do stock quite a few.

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey Mrs River Ripple 277, last year we didn't spin. Put the crack pipe down. :rolleyes:
I was not hitting the RR. ...................................Was I????? :p
Ask NoDigg, I remember him having a few choice words to say about it. :) :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-25-2006, 06:08 AM
LONG ANCHOR LINESI remember last year a few of you could not drop your anchors cuz the lines were not long enough. I do not want to spin in circles again this year. :) :)
I have a long line, dont worry baby I go deep :)
I thought you like to be spun around
LMAO you know I love you baby

a catered life
04-25-2006, 06:11 AM
so are you saying some of the guys have a problem hitting the bottom?

BigDoug
04-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Dia, look at what you started, you should be ashamed of yourself but then again........................................you might be proud. :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 06:50 AM
I have a long line, dont worry baby I go deep :)
I thought you like to be spun around
LMAO you know I love you baby
OMG LMAO. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell all my secrets. :p :p

Mrs.Racer277
so are you saying some of the guys have a problem hitting the bottom?
Some came up a lil short. :p

Jordy
OMG LMAO. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell all my secrets. :p :p
You with secrets???? Come on now Tell-a-Dia, who are you trying to kid??? :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Dia, look at what you started, you should be ashamed of yourself but then again........................................you might be proud. :)
Another thread gone wrong. HEHEHEHEHE :)
Morning Doug. Hope to see you this weekend. :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 06:52 AM
You with secrets???? Come on now Tell-a-Dia, who are you trying to kid??? :D :D :D
Hush. BTW Sean is leaving Wed for Firebird

SummitKarl
04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Hush. BTW Sean is leaving Wed for Firebird
yes I know we are going to CHI CHI bar Thrus :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-25-2006, 07:39 AM
You're welcome Jordy thanx. We have anchor lines (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=topknotanchor) 50, 100, 150, & 200 in various colors and diameter. Large & Small Box Anchors too (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=boxanch). Don't wait till last minute on the lines though cause they take 2-3 days if it's one I don't have on the shelf. We do stock quite a few.
Hey Mike found out we have a common friend yesterday,
in Greg Pederson and Tony....small world :rollside:

Unforgiven
04-25-2006, 07:39 AM
you just need the extra rope to tie me up with....

phebus
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Bring lots of big fenders

OnlyMoney
04-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Bring lots of big fenders
We have those BIG TITTIE bumpers that we got at West Marine. :rollside: We were sick of the people that plow by on the South side if the sandbar sending us all running for our boats. They work great and we only have 2...that's plenty.

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 08:11 AM
yes I know we are going to CHI CHI bar Thrus :rollside:
Have Fun!! :p :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 08:12 AM
you just need the extra rope to tie me up with....
Hi Stranger
Did you find the pics?? :rolleyes: :)

Unforgiven
04-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Have Fun!! :p :rolleyes:
hey Dia...can you keep a secret??

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Of Course.
Just do not ask Jordy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jordy
04-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Of course she can, just as long as you don't tell her what it is. :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Of course she can, just as long as you don't tell her what it is. :D :D :D
Go away! :p :)

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
What's wrong with relying on someone elses anchor? :crossx: :)

Jordy
04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
What's wrong with relying on someone elses anchor? :crossx: :)
That's the status quo at Humbug at Lake Pleasant. Don't bring an anchor, or if you do, make sure you only have about 15' of line since the water is about 90' deep. Funny how that works. :idea:

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM
That's the status quo at Humbug at Lake Pleasant. Don't bring an anchor, or if you do, make sure you only have about 15' of line since the water is about 90' deep. Funny how that works. :idea:
I don't generally anchor out in the deep parts of the lake so my 25' line usually hooks fine in the coves.The 100'+ rope is hanging in the garage....now, all I gotta do to upgrade is work the Fathers Day gift ideas to my girls;) subtle hints so it becomes their idea(box anchor-box anchor-box anchor-box anchor)

Jordy
04-25-2006, 10:13 AM
now, all I gotta do to upgrade is work the Fathers Day gift ideas to my girls;) subtle hints so it becomes their idea(box anchor-box anchor-box anchor-box anchor)
Just study up on Kevin Nealon's Mr. Subliminal from back when SNL used to be funny. :D :D :D

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Just study up on Kevin Nealon's Mr. Subliminal from back when SNL used to be funny. :D :D :D
:p back when :p :idea: :idea:

Chromegorilla
04-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Just some nautical FYI..... To properly set anchor, your anchor line should be 7 times the depth of the water. Not that anybody actually has that much line on their boat. Most smaller boats are ok with 5 times the depth.
Here is a copy from a boating education site.
"SCOPE
Scope = Length of the anchor line/ height of the deck cleat to the sea bed.
Before leaving the dock, you will need to determine how much anchor line, or "rode", you will need. It is recommended that you use a scope of 7:1, meaning that for every foot of water depth, you should use 7 feet of rode.
For example, to anchor in 10 feet of water, you would throw out 70 feet of line. Measure the scope as the ratio of the length of the anchor rode to the height of the bow above the bottom. If you're using a lightweight anchor on a small boat in good weather conditions, a shorter scope of 5:1 is sufficient and safe. A prudent boater always has extra line and chain on hand, just in case!"

SoCalSouthpaw
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Will you be making any 'donations' for the cause? Maybe a 'Marketing Expense'?

riverroyal
04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
I was not hitting the RR. ...................................Was I????? :p
Ask NoDigg, I remember him having a few choice words to say about it. :) :)
I must have been asleep.RR