PDA

View Full Version : Pope Dies!!

riverracerx
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Just talked to a friend over in ABC News and the Pope has died.
They cannot announce it until it is officially released to the press, but he lost consciousness a little earlier and reports are that he has passed.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050401/capt.ny10704011236.pope__ny107.jpg
God Bless.

HCS
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
God bless.

Mrs.JBR
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
The video I saw this morning :mad: he sure looked bad :jawdrop:

HBjet
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm listening to KFI AM 640 and they broke in about 10 minutes ago with this news. I was going to post it, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad bad April Fools joke.
HBjet

barbigrl
04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I was just reading about this in the paper...I figured it was anytime...

WYRD
04-01-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't think KFI would be that crude ( I hope )
May he go with Gods Grace :)

HavasuDreamin'
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
R.I.P. :frown:

riverracerx
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
OK, this just REALLY freaked me out. My post #666 was about the Pope dying. :( I have chills.......

UnionJack
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
it's about time

WYRD
04-01-2005, 10:46 AM
OK, this just REALLY freaked me out. My post #666 was about the Pope dying. :( I have chills.......
You better stay inside today :idea: :messedup:

shadow
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
you're doooooooooooomed. :devil: :devil: :rollside:

Her454
04-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Im glad Im not the only one that notices wierd shit like that.

HCS
04-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Now their saying it was a joke. :notam:

Her454
04-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Now their saying it was a joke. :notam:
If it is, thats a pretty shitty joke. I had a pretty nasty one played on me this morning I didnt appreciate.

Hustler
04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
RIP and God Bless

Mrs. Restless22
04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I doubt it was an intentional joke.
Im watching the news right now and they are just saying there are conflicting reports. His heart and brain may still be functioning.
We all know how these stories start and nothing is ever confirmed for a while.

Screaming Pete
04-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I would delete my post if I was you..........

racecar.hotshoe
04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Italian media gave contradictory reports about Pope John Paul's vital signs on Friday, first saying his heart and brain activity had stopped and then reporting this was not true.

HCS
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
If it is, thats a pretty shitty joke. I had a pretty nasty one played on me this morning I didnt appreciate.
It is messed up. :messedup: Their saying it was miss reported.
I think everyone want's to be the first one to anounce it.
They say he still lives.

MsDrmr
04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh my gosh thats so very sad :frown:

bigd1
04-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I didn't know the pope was a nazi.

HBjet
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Im glad Im not the only one that notices wierd shit like that.
Years ago, a buddy an I went to In N Out Burger and our order number was #666 and it was on Friday the 13th... :jawdrop:
HBjet

ROZ
04-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Years ago, a buddy an I went to In N Out Burger and our order number was #666 and it was on Friday the 13th... :jawdrop:
HBjet
I hope you ordered a 4x4, animalized fries, a Shake, and a diet coke .... :D

UnionJack
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
everyone dies... who cares

Rev. Williams
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
HBjet
Remind me to stay away from you in an electrical storm !! :D :D

racecar.hotshoe
04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Remind me to stay away from you in an electrical storm !! :D :D
Hey Rev where the hell you been?............ :D :D

Mrs. Restless22
04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
:jawdrop:
Glad Im not good friends with you! LOL :hammerhea

HavaTan
04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Watching CNN, the Vatican is denying that he has passed yet...
For all you Catholics (or recovering one's...) The Pope had asked that the scripture of the 3rd hour be read to him before he lost consciousness.
For those of you who don't know what that is (or don't care), that is the scripture written during the hour that Christ "died". It's not like the Pope didn't or doesn't know he is/was dying. The Vatican again has denied that the Pope has passed, he is dying and will die soon, but they said not yet. When he does pass, the Vatican will release the smoke indicating he has died. I think it's 15 days later, they will "elect" a new Pope, white smoke is released and the new Pope will be announced.
He'll die, it won't be long...don't be in such a hurry to be the 1st to tell...Remember, those who know, don't tell...those who tell, really don't know.
No, I'm not a practicing Catholic...I'm one of the recovering one's...AND...I'm just one unbelievably smart MOFO...humble too. :wink:

UnionJack
04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
It's all good, to say one man holds the hand of god..... Yeah I don't care, people die all the time and most people don't lose any sleep over it but when it is someone with status we are like "WOW". Friends and family that is who I worry about, not some guy who is 10,000 miles away

roostwear
04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Sure hope he doesn't need a feeding tube........

Rev. Williams
04-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey Rev where the hell you been?............ :D :D
I've been updating my resume!! They're may be an opening coming up soon in the Vatican :D :D

UnionJack
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Sure hope he doesn't need a feeding tube........
If he does and they need someone to pull, I'm not scared

WYRD
04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
It's all good, to say one man holds the hand of god..... Yeah I don't care, people die all the time and most people don't lose any sleep over it but when it is someone with status we are like "WOW". Friends and family that is who I worry about, not some guy who is 10,000 miles away
I don't know about you but evertime someone dies I feel for them no matter how much "Status" they have. To make a comment like you did is just showing disrespect. just my thoughts

HavaTan
04-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Here, it comes...I could've set my watch to it...

OGShocker
04-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Goodnight Karol.

racecar.hotshoe
04-01-2005, 12:20 PM
"Check Please"

riverracerx
04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
don't be in such a hurry to be the 1st to tell...Remember, those who know, don't tell...those who tell, really don't know.
Hey I work for ABC and I have friends in the News division. They were told he has died and that the Vatican will most likely release the statement officially tonight at midnight for tomorrow's papers. Until then, it is not "official"

UnionJack
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't know about you but evertime someone dies I feel for them no matter how much "Status" they have. To make a comment like you did is just showing disrespect. just my thoughts
disrestect.... is the church telling you "you need to believe" or "you need to attend church" cause your going to hell. That to me is disrespect, I don't tell anyone how to live their life.

racecar.hotshoe
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I've been updating my resume!! They're may be an opening coming up soon in the Vatican :D :D
Thats funny!........... :D

racecar.hotshoe
04-01-2005, 12:30 PM
If you go to Yahoo .com they have a live cam you can watch.Cool!

WYRD
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
disrestect.... is the church telling you "you need to believe" or "you need to attend church" cause your going to hell. That to me is disrespect, I don't tell anyone how to live their life.
The comment I made is not a religious one, In fact I rarely attend church, but if you were to come on here and say that a family member or a friend of yours has passed even though I have never met them and it would not make a difference in my daily life I would never come right out and say "it's about time" The Pope to some is a Religious Icon, so why would you risk runing someones day by making a comment about his death? It makes no difference to me one way or another but it is just as easy to type "God Bless" and think what you will rather then to make a negitive comment just to stir up some Controversial commentary. :idea:

Ducatista
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't blame you, that is a good idea. Who wouldn't want to be the absolute monarch of the largest global corporation in the world, the Catholic church. :wink:

Beer Factor
04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Dead or not-God Bless

JackieV
04-01-2005, 02:15 PM
My mom called me and told me on the phone, I hope this isn't a bad joke cause I think my mom is really sad now...from the way she sounded on the phone....?

ratso
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
The comment I made is not a religious one, In fact I rarely attend church, but if you were to come on here and say that a family member or a friend of yours has passed even though I have never met them and it would not make a difference in my daily life I would never come right out and say "it's about time" The Pope to some is a Religious Icon, so why would you risk runing someones day by making a comment about his death? It makes no difference to me one way or another but it is just as easy to type "God Bless" and think what you will rather then to make a negitive comment just to stir up some Controversial commentary. :idea:
Very well stated...

JackieV
04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Right on Daddy-O! :burningm:

barbigrl
04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
DRAMA DRAMA..... my family is catholic.....shit, my grandmother has a HUGE picture of him up......so to my family it is a big deal. Despite the fact that he works for the "largest corporation" in the world (wich I do agree) he is still a man of God. Has done many remarkable things for humanity and deserves some MAJOR respect from everyone. So UJ, no he is not some "dude" that died thousands of miles away, but a very important religous icon that will go down in history.

Tom Brown
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
...people die all the time and most people don't lose any sleep over it but when it is someone with status we are like "WOW".
I have to say I kinda side with Jack on this, at least partially.
I don't know or care about the pope. I neither respect nor disresect him beyond any other man who I don't know.
The reason I haven't commented in this thread, until now, is that I wouldn't want to hurt someone who does care.
I must say, however, that I find Jack's comment on status to be bang on. I've often wondered what is wrong with our society that we put so much energy into heros and icons. There are people who do wonderful things every day who we throw down terrible judgements on. My opinion is that everyone deserves a level of respect until they have proven otherwise.

ratso
04-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know or care about the pope. I neither respect nor disresect him beyond any other man who I don't know.
The reason I haven't commented in this thread, until now, is that I wouldn't want to hurt someone who does care.
I must say, however, that I find Jack's comment on status to be bang on. I've often wondered what is wrong with our society that we put so much energy into heros and icons. There are people who do wonderful things every day who we throw down terrible judgements on. My opinion is that everyone deserves a level of respect until they have proven otherwise.
Tom, if you should pass before I do, I'll be sad. Hopefully you have the same respect for me. ;)

Tom Brown
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
I have a lot of respect for you, Ratso.
For what it's worth, I hope I go before you. That way, you'll always be there for me when I need relationship advice. :cool:

HCS
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I just hope I'm capable of pulling the trigger.

RP1
04-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Hey I work for ABC and I have friends in the News division. They were told he has died and that the Vatican will most likely release the statement officially tonight at midnight for tomorrow's papers. Until then, it is not "official"
I guess working for ABC keeps you out of the loop. It's been almost 24 hours since your first post and he is still alive. Albeit not good, but to say he was dead yesterday was wrong. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
04-02-2005, 07:37 AM
The News this morning is saying he is still alive, just real weak :jawdrop:

Tequila-John
04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
riverracerx
Pretty rude dude............

phebus
04-02-2005, 12:06 PM
It's been officially announced that the Pope passed away at 11:37 a.m. west coast time. May he rest in peace.

MR FLYIN VEE
04-02-2005, 12:09 PM
May he rest in peace.

Blown 472
04-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I can sum it up for you in one word, "baaaaaaaaaaa"

Kegel King
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
What sad little person you are!.no wonder your in public service

Dan Lorenze
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
He had a great life.. He was praised by many and died of natural causes after a long life.. You can't ask for much more than that..

Kegel King
04-02-2005, 04:09 PM
He had a great life.. He was praised by many and died of natural causes after a long life.. You can't ask for much more than that..
Amen!