PDA

View Full Version : Toy Haulers?

SDLifesaver
04-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Which one is the best and why? There are so many to choose from and we want to make the right choice. Any help would be great. Thanks, Nick

Mrs. casean
04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
We started with a Carson which was great for us and one of the most affordable out there. We had no problems w/ it but needed more room and could afford something nicer so we moved up to a Weekend Warrior. I can only compare the two for my own opinions and I like both. Weekend warrior has many more add on features that some of the others don't, but you do pay for it ofcourse. Little touches like curtains and the countertops and lights and such... and it is heavier so we can put more weight in it. One major plus for us w/ the WW is more water. It holds 110 gallons of water and we have not ran out so far! I love that :D Based on my brothers experience w/ Santek, I'd stay away... nothing but major problems from rust through out the body and linoleum (spelling) peeling up. But that is his experience and the only one I know w/ a Santek. I am sure others can say otherwise. This is all my .02 based on my experience... I love the WW but when we were starting out the Carson was great for us and our budget. Happy Shopping!

JetBoatRich
04-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Which one is the best and why? There are so many to choose from and we want to make the right choice. Any help would be great. Thanks, Nick
you said it :eek: so many to choose from :eek: what do you want, bigger front bathroom, front bedroom, etc.
Hit the RV show or a couple RV dealers or web pages and see what layout you like. Cost is another factor, ho are you willing to spend :eek:

ryantparks
04-02-2005, 12:04 PM
best bang for the buck-------- Attitude. we bought the 23 FSAK and it was $21.5k

Sandbar Junkies
04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
best bang for the buck-------- Attitude. we bought the 23 FSAK and it was $21.5k
there is a company called the Edge very nice but for the money the Attitude and weekend warriors are the best. been thinking about getting one soon the attitude has more storage room to haul the toys.

Dawn Patrol
04-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Here is a pic of my Weekend Warrior Garage. 4 Quads, Golf Cart & a BBQ.
In a 5er, there is a lot of room. Look around, there are many to choose from.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5989Toy_Hauler_Garage.jpg

nodigg
04-02-2005, 04:18 PM
The wife and I just finished making a decision after several months of changing our minds.
First it was the small Attitide 19fsk? so we could tow it with the Avalanche.
Then we wanted the front bedroom so we switched to the 23. Attitude gives a lot for less money than many of the trailers out there I think. Then we saw a Jack and Jill bath and went to the Sierra 29. So had to buy the Duramax. Got the Duramax and decided on the 34' Sierra with two doors and more toy room.
On a whim I stopped one more time to look at Weekend Warrior now that all we wanted had changed again. Saw a 5th wheel style LE3105 with the Billet interior and even the wife liked it! Dual rear queens with multiple stop positions, rear couch dealio for rear or forward seating, bay window with swivel rockers, walk around master bed, slide out pantry, separate toilet/shower, sink set-up, overhead storage, trick window coverings, well.....lots of nice touches that cost too much money but most of all, the steel cross-bar reinforced floor and lifetime structure warranty sold us on it. Well that is after changing once again to the LE3505!
It is so confusing once you get started! Glad the search is over and very anxious to get started using it! :mix:

Dana Marine Products
04-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I've had the Tahoe 21 and it was well built, reliable, and well priced. I stepped up to the 30ft Gear Box, great piece other than the small bathroom. My friend just bought a 23 foot Attitude, fully loaded, on board generator, dual electric rear beds, etc, etc. This thing is loaded, you couldn't want anything more. The internal layout is perfect, very spacious, and well finished. He paid under $19K from Carls acres of trailers in Ontario. Even though the guy he a serious attitude problem, you couldn't beat the price.

nodigg
04-02-2005, 04:33 PM
He paid under $19K from Carls acres of trailers in Ontario. Even though the guy he a serious attitude problem, you couldn't beat the price.
That's where we were gonna buy! That guy is a trip! :D As long as I mentioned Harley's he was all up beat! Very straight forward but NOT a salesman! :D

SDLifesaver
04-03-2005, 05:19 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. Were looking at the Sandpiper by Forrest River, Weekend Warrier, and the Ragen'. A friend just bought an Attitude and he said the quality in his is much less than others he looked at. He did say the price was much less also. We only have 28' of drive way to work with so a 23' or 25' at the most is all we can pull off. I am hoping when desert season slows way down in a month or so the prices may drop a little.

Dana Marine Products
04-03-2005, 04:57 PM
A major thing to consider from a safety standpoint is your tow vehicle. If this is your first trailer, make sure you don't get more trailer than your vehicle can handle. I've seen way too many toy boxes scattered out on the highway. The powersports show happens in Costa Mesa in June or July, they wheel and deal down there on the last years models. Don't forget to get the anti sway set up, and oh yeah, get the black tank flush kit too, you'll save alot of time in the dump lines.

al cole'holic
04-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Any of you guys heard of Bling Star?? My neighbor hooked up a buttload of aluminum cabinets, helmet shelves, boot lockers, towel/cleaner boxes...really cool stuff, and I think the company is a new start up dealio from the 909. :)

Jetboatguru
04-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I just bought a 38ft Sandpiper/Forrest River and I am taking it out for the first time next weekend. It is hauling a K boat inside and will be in PHoenix next weekend. So far I love it. It does not have the storge room of the Weekend Warrior but it has everything else. It is completely loaded with 2 A/Cs DVD surround sound, 2 Queen beds in the power, big bedroom up front, yada yada yada. It is freaking loaded. I paid 35k out the door from Countrytime Rv in Corona/ Good luck

Tom Brown
04-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I just bought ..... blah blah blah
Finally, a trailer expert weighs in on this thread.
Sorry Tony... I have to keep the v-drive/outboard rivalry alive. :D

Jetboatguru
04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Damn Tom,
it is time you stop riding the fence and choose sides! :hammer2:

Jbb
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
My friend just bought this to haul his boat around...
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48959
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48960
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48961
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48962
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48963
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48970

SDLifesaver
04-04-2005, 08:16 AM
We have an 04 Diesel Excursion so I think we have the tow thing covered. I have had motorcycle trailers in the past and I drive fire engines so I think I got the driving and towing thing down. We are not going that big as far as length because we don't have the room for it. 25,000 OTD is the price range I would like to get but we will see what happens. I am going to look some more today. Thanks again for all the input. Nick

malibuken
04-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. Were looking at the Sandpiper by Forrest River, Weekend Warrier, and the Ragen'. A friend just bought an Attitude and he said the quality in his is much less than others he looked at. He did say the price was much less also. We only have 28' of drive way to work with so a 23' or 25' at the most is all we can pull off. I am hoping when desert season slows way down in a month or so the prices may drop a little.
We just bought the WW FK21 Super Lite, great for the two of us and the dogs, plus it holds the buggy no problem. WW has great resale value, plus excellend Factory Customer Service.
I believe WW just bought the Ragen brand as well.
Check out RV.net/forum, they have a Toy Hauler section with good info.

SDLifesaver
04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Went and looked at Sandpiper today by Forrest River. By and far the best we have seen as far as quality, price, warranty and options. Now we need to find a dealer in the 909/951 that has them at the best price. Anybody got the insideline????????

BLOWN HOWARD
04-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Go down to Carls Acres of trailers and talk to the old man Jerry he is a grumpy bastard but i gurantee you that nobody can touch his prices!!!!!!!!!!! And dont forget i warned you about JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot me a p.m if you have any questions about the Siera thats what i got and love it.

Todd969
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Went and looked at Sandpiper today by Forrest River. By and far the best we have seen as far as quality, price, warranty and options. Now we need to find a dealer in the 909/951 that has them at the best price. Anybody got the insideline????????
Country Time, or chech ForestRiverinc.com for a dealer near you.

77charger
04-04-2005, 07:22 PM
we bought our first toyhauler from him 3 years ago.I already knew his attitude,etc,But i can say he was straitfoward.I asked him why some complain he basically said people some in think they are god and deserve the very best deal and want more off price.His prices are just about the lowest there are.He was actually pretty cool to us during our sale.
there are many choices in toyhaulers and many floorplans you just need to look at a few take notes then decide.We just bought a used carson took out first time this weekend and it worked great for us.My old one wouldnt fit the buggy in it this one will even thought the trailer is only 21 ft.
Go down to Carls Acres of trailers and talk to the old man Jerry he is a grumpy bastard but i gurantee you that nobody can touch his prices!!!!!!!!!!! And dont forget i warned you about JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot me a p.m if you have any questions about the Siera thats what i got and love it.

JESSE
04-04-2005, 07:42 PM
we have a 21' sierra by forest river front bath we got it from affordable rv
in corona. they were ok to deal with for sales men. we like the trailer would like to have more room but with the half ton truck that was about as big as i could go.ours also has the 100gallons of fresh water that is a must for glamis with my three girls. also got the anti sway i for got to hook it up one time and it makes a huge difference. so i would get that for sure good luck

rodnjen
04-04-2005, 08:00 PM
We liked the Blaze'n by National RV and the Tailgator from Keystone. They have each been around a while and are made by proven builders in the business. Many of the new haulers just jumped on the bandwagon and offer nice graphics and few extras, however they are light on quality. Look at how well insulated they are, what they are make of etc.
The Blaze'n was by far our favorite, not the cheapest, but when you look at the details you will see the difference. That being said, we opted not to by for awhile so we can devote time to our new daugher and boating, in that order.
Good luck, keep us posted.

nodigg
04-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Ditto-We checked around for a long time and Jerry was always the lowest price...on the sticker already too! We did not buy his brand but if he carried what we wanted, we would have gotten it there.

Magic34
04-05-2005, 08:02 AM
I think that Weekend Warrior keeps their value fairly strong in the used market, so that is why I decided on them. It was also the nicest one I found with every option I could think of. I paid $30k OTD for a 2005.5 30' gel side, all options, including bay windows w/ rockers and slide out.
Either way, if you buy a new touy hauler, as long as it passes your inspection, I think you'll be happy with it.
Just make sure that the warranty work can be done at the dealer you purchased at or somewhere nearby to you. I know in the past, some people have had to take their trailers a long distance to get warranty work done, regardless of make.