PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Wifes in California

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Just recently went back to court friday to have my child support reduced since I now have full custody of my daughter.I have one and she has one. I wasnt looking to completely eliminate paying anything but since I have my daughter and she has my son maybe they would drop it to half. Ime currently paying 800 a month. It hasnt changed since I got full custody of my daughter in november. Ive never been behind in payments.Got divorced 1996. So we go before the judge and I find out that she,s goeing for 1300.00 a month. My son probably weighs about 85 lbs wet hes lean and mean. So because Ime makeing more money these days she wants a huge increase.1300 hundred a month to feed a 10 year old boy is rediculous. They say its so the kids dont have a variation in lifestyle when they visit either parent. She lives in corona I live in Hemet. She lives in a 650.000 dollar house I live in a 300.000 house. If she gets what she wants we,ll be liveing in a trailer and she,ll still be liveing in her 650.000 dollar house. So far the child support got lowered to 650.00 a month but she,s contesting it. Why cant she just take her tax free 650.00 a month and just dissapear?Sometimes life just sucks!!!! :cry: :cry:

Kilrtoy
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Cuz she is a woman and a bitch ..........
She wants a new lifestyle at your expense

Dawn Patrol
04-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Plain simple Greed. Why is it that you each have a child, but you still need to pay support? F'in California!
Good Luck.

mike37
04-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I think child support should go into an account for the child not the mom or dad
and only spent on the child the parent should not be able to spend any of it on themselves

Dawn Patrol
04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I think child support should go into an account for the child not the mom or dad
and only spent on the child the parent should not be able to spend any of it on themselves
I think they should have to provide receipts of everything they spend on the child. You know it wouldn't add up to much.

GHTRIM
04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
That completely blows. It is amazing that people will continue to milk Sh1t dry. I'm sorry to hear this is happening. I have two kids myself 5.5 & 1.5 one is in private school and the other in diapers. And it doesn't cost me $1,300 a month. WTF.. Hope it comes out in your favor and it sounds as if it may seeing as how the judge did lower the amount instead of keeping it where it was and ordering a review. Good luck.

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 03:13 PM
It just bumbs me out. Ive done everything by the book and instead of being content she wants to destroy me. I dont want to become a deadbeat dad but noway am I putting myself my new wife and my daughter in poverty. I work to hard for what Ive got and for some reason she,s not goeing to be happy till she see,s me on the street instead of being happy that Ive never been behind in payments or neglected the kids..

boatnam2
04-02-2005, 03:14 PM
im with kilrtoy on this one because she is a bitch and the law allows this to happen.something i never understood about marriage you love someone and something happens and they want you to be broke for 18 years.i wish i could event a crystal ball to tell couples how there spouse is going to act when they get divorced i could make millions.

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 03:19 PM
The only other angle is for me to start process to get custody of my son. Maybe I can blow the wind out of her sails. I,ve spent thousands in court lately and I just want it to be done. :jawdrop:

Dribble
04-02-2005, 04:03 PM
And how do you propose that the electricity the child uses and the pet food and vet bills for the kid's pet, insurance, rent, gas, to go to and from school, soccer music lessons, karate, haircuts, bandaids, birthday parties, sleepovers etc... get paid :confused: :confused: :confused:

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Look Ime not against paying my fair share but trying to double it when I got custody of my daughter is rediculous. :boxingguy

nodigg
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
That sounds so unfair! And not abnormal either. At least not for California courts! I think I'll work even harder at staying married......

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 04:09 PM
That sounds so unfair! And not abnormal either. At least not for California courts! I think I'll work even harder at staying married......
Great idea. My new wife is 100% better than the last. Why cant it be at least remotely fair? :idea:

coolchange
04-02-2005, 04:10 PM
And how do you propose that the electricity the child uses and the pet food and vet bills for the kid's pet, insurance, rent, gas, to go to and from school, soccer music lessons, karate, haircuts, bandaids, birthday parties, sleepovers etc... get paid :confused: :confused: :confused:
Ya and cig money so mommy doesn't start jonesin and JD money and beer money for the new B/F and sitter money for Fridays and Wednesday night at The Hole and to pay off the neighbors car she hit cause there's no insurance and...... :cry:

Big Bear
04-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Dont get me started on ex-wives and child support! :mad:
I could fill a couple of pages with the f#*kings I took and the things that bitch I'm ashamed I married in the first place did that were totally underhanded! :mad:
If you have the means FIGHT for your rights. If there is anything you can use against her legally, use them. You know she will do the same to you.
Sorry to vent, but it always seems to work out that no matter how good a Dad you are, how good a person, you get screwed over. It aint right dammit!!
If I was Joe Pecsi alla Lethal Weapon, I would say, "They F#CK you at Divorce Court"

Daytona100
Ya and cig money so mommy doesn't start jonesin and JD money and beer money for the new B/F and sitter money for Fridays and Wednesday night at The Hole and to pay off the neighbors car she hit cause there's no insurance and...... :cry:
Hey Coolchange your on the same page. See you at the river. :crossx:

mike37
would the child have goten to do all that stuff if they wre to gether
the fact is that most women jack the guy for so called child support
but spend it all on them selves
if you have two kids and both parents have custody of one
the the expenses are slit in half some nether parent should pay support
because the cost is split equally

Lake Ape
04-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Daytona 100 PM me, maybe we can work something out, I have been having good luck sending ex-wives to Dubai for the sex slave trade, or I know a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy with a really nice .50 rifle... ;)

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Daytona 100 PM, maybe we can work something out, I have been having good luck sending ex-wives to Dubai for the sex slave trade, or I know a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy with a really nice .50 rifle... ;)
Ime in. Why do they think that you owe them for the rest of there lives? Move on it works for me.

Beer Factor
04-02-2005, 04:54 PM
That sucks- The system is scewed up!

THATJEFFGUY
04-02-2005, 05:06 PM
You know what they say guys...It's cheaper to keep 'er !

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I guess the part that really PISSES me off is the fact that it supposedly cost me nothing to provide for my daughter but it cost her a FORTUNE to raise my son. Ime a fan of Karma so hopefully she,ll get hers. :skull:

moneypit
04-02-2005, 05:15 PM
All I can say is that I feel for ya. Just be glad about one thing. You dont have to provide her with an Elimanator Daytona. You wouldnt want the kids to have to drive around in her pontoon.
California plain ol' sucks.. Your lucky you have any custody.

73kona455
04-02-2005, 05:19 PM
have your lawyer ask her for child support for the daughter you are raising....
you would thing with you having one.. and her having one it would equal out. you may have to sue her for child support for your daughter.
i am a single dad . i have been raising my son for 12 yrs alone( since he was 8 months old).. my ex's child support to me for a long time was $27 a week.. she wouldnt pay that.. now its up to $56 a week... still rarely pays... shes about $13,000 behind in the support.. and the child support people will not do anything about it... if i owed her you better believe they would hang my a$$...

Daytona100
04-02-2005, 05:25 PM
All I can say is that I feel for ya. Just be glad about one thing. You dont have to provide her with an Elimanator Daytona. You wouldnt want the kids to have to drive around in her pontoon.
California plain ol' sucks.. Your lucky you have any custody.
Hey weve all got our limitations. She would never go boating when we were married. Ime a high performance type of guy. My boy loves the boat. Nothing like watching a 10 year old boy hold the boat off the dock. Trying to teach him size doesnt matter. 21 foot boat 30 foot boat they all float in the water. :p

a catered life
04-03-2005, 07:38 AM
would the child have goten to do all that stuff if they wre to gether
the fact is that most women jack the guy for so called child support
but spend it all on them selves
if you have two kids and both parents have custody of one
the the expenses are slit in half some nether parent should pay support
because the cost is split equally
i agree 100%

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 09:02 AM
IMO I don't feel you should be paying anything if each of you have 1 child.
why should she get money from you if the kids are split up.
tell her to get a better job and pay you.
WTF is wrong with some women. why do they need more then they do and at times that is not even enough.
people like that give the women that really need it a bad rep. :mad:

Daytona100
04-03-2005, 09:08 AM
IMO I don't feel you should be paying anything if each of you have 1 child.
why should she get money from you if the kids are split up.
tell her to get a better job and pay you.
WTF is wrong with some women. why do they need more then they do and at times that is not even enough.
people like that give the women that really need it a bad rep. :mad:
She wont be HAPPY till she sees me on the corner selling oranges. The system doesnt care if my daughter andI are homeless as long as she gets her free money. :hammer2:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 09:15 AM
She wont be HAPPY till she sees me on the corner selling oranges. The system doesnt care if my daughter andI are homeless as long as she gets her free money. :hammer2:
that really makes me :mad: people like her should not get more then what is deserved. she is lucky you are paying support. she should be happy with what she is getting. most do not get squat. :mad:

RitcheyRch
04-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree 100% with that. I am going through the same thing with my 15 year old daughter. I got full custody back in August 2004 and now going back to court once again. The ex-wife claims she needs $612 a month so our daughter can have the same life style she has when she with her mother. I got divorced in 1995 and basically have been back to court every single year for more money. Not to mention that the ex-wife claims she cant pay the attorney and I get stuck paying it as well. Sure wish the courts would say enough is enough and tell her to stop.
I think they should have to provide receipts of everything they spend on the child. You know it wouldn't add up to much.

Daytona100
04-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree 100% with that. I am going through the same thing with my 15 year old daughter. I got full custody back in August 2004 and now going back to court once again. The ex-wife claims she needs $612 a month so our daughter can have the same life style she has when she with her mother. I got divorced in 1995 and basically have been back to court every single year for more money. Not to mention that the ex-wife claims she cant pay the attorney and I get stuck paying it as well. Sure wish the courts would say enough is enough and tell her to stop.
The way I see it is if it is such a financial hardship or astralnomical expense to feed my boy let me have him. I wouldnt care about any expenses just give me my boy and dissapear. :angry2:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 10:23 AM
The way I see it is if it is such a financial hardship or astralnomical expense to feed my boy let me have him. I wouldnt care about any expenses just give me my boy and dissapear. :angry2:
maybe you should look into getting him back from her since to me she thinks he is a burden. :confused: he would be better off with you. he needs you. ;)

Daytona100
04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
maybe you should look into getting him back from her since to me she thinks he is a burden. :confused: he would be better off with you. he needs you. ;)
Probably my next course of action. Maybe she,ll come to her sences and be happy with what she got. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Probably my next course of action. Maybe she,ll come to her sences and be happy with what she got. ;)
I hope you do get him . best of luck to you..

Daytona100
04-03-2005, 10:29 AM

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 10:33 AM
no problem. :D

BadBahner
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I had a similar problem and I fixed it by getting custody of both kids and a restraining order keeping her away from all of us.
You got to be ready to play to dirty and "do what you gotta do". But it worked for me and I did it with no Lawyer...
Eric

a catered life
04-03-2005, 11:50 AM
ouch if she spent those days working and not hauling you into court, meetings with attorneys, filing papers and etc for all those years she probably would have a better job by now.......unfortunantely the dam courts only see the womens side more often than the men in california........it may be weird but thats why i encourage my girl to make money as much as she can......i dont look forward to a second divorced but it stays in the back of my head and i tell her to take advantage of any thing that comes up.....the courts reasons for most men paying so much is because the men make so much more money

RitcheyRch
04-03-2005, 01:36 PM
So true. My ex-wife has been telling my daughter not to go to college but to find a rich man to take care of her. I can only hope that the courts will see through this crap when we go back on June 7th and finally put an end to it all. Our daughter has been doing so much better since she started living with me last year. Since she began spending a few more hours here and there with her mother it all went down hill from that point on. Her grades in school began to suffer and she started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Her mother continues to allow and encourage her to be with these types because I will not allow if. I feel she allowing it so is a huge driving force for my daughter to want to spend more time over there.
All I know is I want it to all end so I can move on with my life and stop being dragged through the mud.
ouch if she spent those days working and not hauling you into court, meetings with attorneys, filing papers and etc for all those years she probably would have a better job by now.......unfortunantely the dam courts only see the womens side more often than the men in california........it may be weird but thats why i encourage my girl to make money as much as she can......i dont look forward to a second divorced but it stays in the back of my head and i tell her to take advantage of any thing that comes up.....the courts reasons for most men paying so much is because the men make so much more money

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
:hammerhea how can she tell her that. why would you not want your child to do better then yourself in life. damn gold diggers.. I hate that. :mad:

Dribble
04-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey if that's the woman that you chose to breed with, then you need to take some ownership of the mistakes YOU made.

RitcheyRch
04-03-2005, 05:51 PM
My ex-wife is the queen of gold diggers. made my daughter buy her own clothes while I was paying $1100 a month. Always claimed she didnt have any money while she was driving around in a new SUV and having tons of work done on her house.
:hammerhea how can she tell her that. why would you not want your child to do better then yourself in life. damn gold diggers.. I hate that. :mad:

rivrbrat
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
If you have your daughter and she has your son, why are you having to pay child support. Each one of you are raising a child. Also I forget what age it is but your son could request to the judge that he would like to live with you too.... Good luck.........

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 09:09 AM
If you have your daughter and she has your son, why are you having to pay child support. Each one of you are raising a child. Also I forget what age it is but your son could request to the judge that he would like to live with you too.... Good luck.........
I think the age is 13 or 14. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
My ex-wife is the queen of gold diggers. made my daughter buy her own clothes while I was paying $1100 a month. Always claimed she didnt have any money while she was driving around in a new SUV and having tons of work done on her house.
that is so sad.. I feel for you.. sorry for her ignorance. (spck) and my spelling. :D

RitcheyRch
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks. I just hope my daughter doesnt turn out like her but so far she is on the same path. She refuses to hang out with people that might be financially challenged or not thin or attractive.
that is so sad.. I feel for you.. sorry for her ignorance. (spck) and my spelling. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks. I just hope my daughter doesnt turn out like her but so far she is on the same path. She refuses to hang out with people that might be financially challenged or not thin or attractive.
how old is she? :jawdrop:

C-2
04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Just an observation. Me and my wife don't have any family members to help out with daycare, and currently need both incomes to make things work.
Childcare alone for our daughter is $892 month, notwithstanding diapers, food, clothing, increased fuel costs ($100 month) to get to daycare (and the aggravating one hour journey to go 12 miles), medical co-pays and any extracurricular activities.
So it could be worse for ya - we are feeling the squeeze too and we're happily married!!!
Good luck on it. :)

Ziggy
04-04-2005, 10:16 AM
About as simply put as it could be.
Get this...My son got married this weekend and my LOSER EX tries to tag along on their Honeymoon day trip to Seaworld with her other two kids :frown: :rolleyes: ....I almost came unglued. :devil: Night before the wedding she got so hammered my sons friends had to take her back to Motel6 :yuk: .....Thank you God for getting her out of my life so long ago :smile:

MsDrmr
04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Not to start a war here but I disagree. I am supposed to receive child support for my son who is now 11 yrs old. His father was very abusive physically, sexual, emotionally and so on. When I left him, he was ordered to pay child support.
I have received very little money from him. And the stuff does add up quickly. I pay for school lunches, grocries, school pics, school fieldtrips, occassional trips to the show/dinner/beach and so on, the child goes through shoes like he would go through soda, and he outgrows clothing so fast as well. I have to have a roof over our head, a car to get us to and fro, medical bills, perscriptions (which he must take every day of every month, that is not cheap) birthday gifts for his friends, school parties that he partakes in, sports activities, pets and the care of them. There are other things that I am sure I have forgotten but any of you that have kids knows that the $$ adds up so very quickly and there are some moms (such as myself ) that is rewarded little $$ and don't even see that. :frown:

Huckleberry
04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
More true words were never spoken!!! My kucking funt of an XW soaks me for $1600 a month alimony, and she gets half of my retirement! I'm offering up a $10,000 cash reward for someone to marry her. Even if it just for a few months and then have it annulled! PLEASE!?!?!?!!!

MsDrmr
04-04-2005, 11:03 AM
More true words were never spoken!!! My kucking funt of an XW soaks me for $1600 a month alimony, and she gets half of my retirement! I'm offering up a $10,000 cash reward for someone to marry her. Even if it just for a few months and then have it annulled! PLEASE!?!?!?!!!
I forwent the alimoni casue I didn't want it. I was awarded $525.00 for child support which he is now 20,000 behind in payments... :mad:

Tremor Therapy
04-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I think the age is 13 or 14. ;)
This is not true. My wife and I went through this with her ex a few years back, and when one of the girls asked that exact question the judge told her that he made the decision on where she would go, and that it did not matter what she wanted to do.
Now on the support issue, it is not a one way street....let me repeat that, it is not a one way street!
You each have to provide support equally....so if she is going after you for your son, you need to go after her for your daughter. I know it is a bigtime pain in the ass, but if you are going to have to go through the process, you might as well finish the job! What you may find is that after everthing is said and done, you will pay less. The court will do it all based on percentages, but if you are providing $$, and she is not providing anything....you will benefit in the end. Don't sell yourself short, and it isn't playing dirty. Its playing by the f***ing rules! Too many times the dad's just take it in the shorts because they don't know the rules of the game....but you can get through this as long as you can deal with the pain-in-the-butt factor. SERIOUSLY!

Ziggy
04-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Not to start a war here but I disagree. I am supposed to receive child support for my son who is now 11 yrs old. His father was very abusive physically, sexual, emotionally and so on. When I left him, he was ordered to pay child support.
I have received very little money from him. And the stuff does add up quickly. I pay for school lunches, grocries, school pics, school fieldtrips, occassional trips to the show/dinner/beach and so on, the child goes through shoes like he would go through soda, and he outgrows clothing so fast as well. I have to have a roof over our head, a car to get us to and fro, medical bills, perscriptions (which he must take every day of every month, that is not cheap) birthday gifts for his friends, school parties that he partakes in, sports activities, pets and the care of them. There are other things that I am sure I have forgotten but any of you that have kids knows that the $$ adds up so very quickly and there are some moms (such as myself ) that is rewarded little $$ and don't even see that. :frown:
You are one of the exceptions Andrea...most of us guys are griping because the money we do send doesn't get used for our kids, but rather the mothers lifestyle. If we send thousands of dollars to her and the child comes to visit and hadn't gotten a hair cut, new shoes or any new clothes or anything basically, you'd be pissed too, especially since we'd end up spending extra dollars we didn't have to get them these things that were supposed to have been provided by mommy dearest.
I would have loved nothing more than to have had my sons mother actually be a mom to him.

Essex502
04-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I forwent the alimoni casue I didn't want it. I was awarded $525.00 for child support which he is now 20,000 behind in payments... :mad:
In Los Angeles County the District Attorney's office will help in collecting back child support via garnishments and rerouting tax returns. Check with your locak DA's office to see if they have a similar program.
Deadbeats suck.

MsDrmr
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
In Los Angeles County the District Attorney's office will help in collecting back child support via garnishments and rerouting tax returns. Check with your locak DA's office to see if they have a similar program.
Deadbeats suck.
He is in the DA's data base for San Berdo county. they don't do a whole lot to help out at all...
Ziggy, your right, I did go through that with the mr.s ex-wife. He was giving her over a thousand dollars per month, and had state disability commin in for two of the kids, and when we would pick them up, she would have her hair done, new cloths, nails and so on and the kids would need new cloths, shoes, haircuts and so on....so I know it does happen and for those men, I do feel for ya.
I wanted nothing more than to be a wonderful mom and provide my son the things he would need in life.....looks like the challenge is back :confused:

HBjet
04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
After reading this, marriage sucks.... J/K
Honestly, I think if both of you have a child, then it should be a split down the middle. I'm sure your a good father and take care of both of your children, even if one of them doesn't live with you. Any you have a Daytona, doesn't the court realize you must be a good guy? :confused:
Well, when my grandparents divorced 15 years ago, my grandfather had to pay $12,000 a month in alimony to my grandma... and she also got the multimillion dollar house in Huntington Harbor. She never worked and was used to a certain life style. He just took the yacht and his caddy...
So I guess it could always be worse.
HBjet

RitcheyRch
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
She will turn 15 next week.
how old is she? :jawdrop:

Dawn Patrol
04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
mrsdrmr,
You sound like a Great Lady & Mom!
I'm married and have 3 Kids of my own, and Yes, I do know how fast things add up for Children.
The amount of child support you receive (or suppose to receive) Shouldn't be a problem for anyone to pay. My B*tch is with the Women who ask and receive unjustified amounts and never spend it on the Kids. My sister is a perfect example of someone taking advantage of the courts and her X Husbands..... It just makes me sick.
Definately talk to an attorney about getting the money that is owed to you, that is just Wrong!
Goodluck to you & your Child. ;)

all charged up
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
mrsdmr, I feel for ya. My xw is a loser. she cheated on me, had me kicked out of my house, and i had to pay 700 a month. after 4 yrs of her crap i got custody. It only cost about 25k. now the courts decided that because she is too lazy to work for the last 3 yrs that she doesnt have to pay a dime. when I was paying 700 a month she had a good job and blew it all. now she had to move back in with her parents and has lost everything. Karma is a bitch!!! I never thought i would see her get hers but I did things right and stayed true to my kids. She owes me some money for co-pays and stuff but i will never see any of it. gee i remember her telling the judge some really crappy lies about me and now she is pretty much homeless and destitute. my kids are safe and my new wife is the best thing that could have happened for them and me. God bless divorce.
PS I really wanna name my Daytona "child support" but I think that would be shi**y.

MsDrmr
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
PS I really wanna name my Daytona "child support" but I think that would be shi**y.
Yeah, may not be the best name for it...
things will all work out in the end, If I never get a dime of the back $$ then so be it, My son knows that I have worked hard and that his "father" has never helped him.
Since I left, the court said he had no visitation with him so I guess he feels if he doesn't see him, why should he pay?? he has skipped from state to state and goes from job to job then he hides at moms house.
Now he has another child from another marriage and he does not see her either (another abuse situation) so now he has two children to pay for....

vegasriverjunkie
04-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm in the same situatuion myself, and I don't mind paying but if I have one kid and she has the other it should be split but it's not. I don't see her paying anything extra for my son but when it comes to my daughter she has her hand out everytime she gets a chance.

WYRD
04-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm in the same situatuion myself, and I don't mind paying but if I have one kid and she has the other it should be split but it's not. I don't see her paying anything extra for my son but when it comes to my daughter she has her hand out everytime she gets a chance.
I hear ya I have two of those blood sucking leaches clawing at my door :D

a catered life
04-04-2005, 04:53 PM
guess i will never meet her :cry:

Daytona100
04-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I just Hope Pray that she comes to her senses. She was recieving 800.00 a month tax free for both kids. And now she wants 1300.00 a month for one. Its not my problem she cant keep a job. When the courts weigh my income compared to hers of course I make alot more money. I learned a trade at a young age and accelled at it. I shouldnt be punished because I can hold a job. :boxingguy :mad:

Throttle
04-04-2005, 07:38 PM
funny thing about the X, she wants the money no doubt... she also wishes me dead... really funny thing though, I drop dead, she gets nothing!
Good luck!