PDA

View Full Version : Buckskin Mountain state park

a catered life
04-03-2005, 12:09 PM
what do you know about it? Kid friendly? Launch ramp? hows the weather and water? ok for deep v bottom boat? camps site clean?

coolchange
04-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Back in the day it used to be the place. Laast time I was there it was full of trash that got thrown out of the trailer park. I'll never go back.

Boatcop
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Recently re-habbed. Pull through and full hook-ups for the RV. Nice sandy beach. Roped off swim area. Gas dock on site ($$$$$). Grassy play areas with swings and other play-type stuff. Snack-bar with pool tables, video games/ski-ball/whack-a-mole/arcade, etc.
Rangers put on Nature Talks, hikes, etc. Plus a self guided hike if you're so inclined.
Launch ramp is good, but tricky current. If you're not comfortable with the current, you can run 1/2 mile up river and use River Island State Park. Shouldn't be any additional charge if you're registered at Buckskin.
The weekends in the summer can get a little rowdy, But before Memorial Day or any time during the week it's a great experiance.

Mrs. casean
04-03-2005, 02:42 PM
As Boatcop said, River Island launch ramp is super easy and empty. I've never been to Buckskin to launch or stay, but it always looks like lots of families when we cruise by on the water...