PDA

View Full Version : in the market

jdmorrison
05-23-2001, 02:05 PM
I'm looking to purchase a used jet boat. I have a 454 that I want to drop in it, so where is a good place to start looking in the North Texas area (Ft Worth)? Also, is one particular model better than another?

MintercreekWa
05-29-2001, 08:52 PM
Boattrader.com is a good source.

brazosriver
05-31-2001, 12:11 PM
JD...i'm from euless..have a 74 tayor jet. We run it on the brazos and a few of the area lakes. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Anything in particular that you're looking for? brazos

jdmorrison
05-31-2001, 02:24 PM
My brother has told me a little bit about a Taylor SS w/455 Olds that his friend had. I think that is the only make that he has any experience with. What do you think about them? Is Taylor superior or equivelant to the other models out there?
Originally posted by brazosriver:
JD...i'm from euless..have a 74 tayor jet. We run it on the brazos and a few of the area lakes. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Anything in particular that you're looking for? brazos

froggystyle
06-05-2001, 10:11 PM
JD
Having a boat hauled is no big deal, and Arizona and California are home to what I would wager is the lions share of used jet boats with no motors. Back in the day, there were probably over 100 builders. For good, solid jetboats, I would say you can't go wrong with an Eliminator, Sanger, Kachina or even Tahiti. I don't know of anyone with a non-abused boat of this ilk that has had anything but luck. For a little more cash, I have found that very few hulls can compete with a good Placecraft or California Performance hull. Just my $.02 Hope you find a good one.

jdmorrison
06-05-2001, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info.
I'll keep that in mind. Learn somethin' new everyday!
Originally posted by froggystyle:
JD
Having a boat hauled is no big deal, and Arizona and California are home to what I would wager is the lions share of used jet boats with no motors. Back in the day, there were probably over 100 builders. For good, solid jetboats, I would say you can't go wrong with an Eliminator, Sanger, Kachina or even Tahiti. I don't know of anyone with a non-abused boat of this ilk that has had anything but luck. For a little more cash, I have found that very few hulls can compete with a good Placecraft or California Performance hull. Just my $.02 Hope you find a good one.

Slick
06-06-2001, 08:20 AM
JD,
I don't know where they're made, but I see, in magazines and what not, a lot of Liberator tunnel hulls in the Dallas area.
THE STARS AT NIGHT, ARE CLEAR AND BRIGHET (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Slick

jdmorrison
06-06-2001, 11:32 AM
There is a Liberator dealership in Crowley, TX. (Close to Fort Worth) I like their boats, but that is more than my Jeep payment. Thanks for the response.
JDMorrison
Originally posted by Slick:
JD,
I don't know where they're made, but I see, in magazines and what not, a lot of Liberator tunnel hulls in the Dallas area.
THE STARS AT NIGHT, ARE CLEAR AND BRIGHET (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Slick

squirt
06-06-2001, 03:06 PM
I happen to have a spare 19' bubbledeck tahiti that I picked up less motor about 2 years ago. I have just finished sanding down to orginal gel coat and still would like to complete it even thought I have bought yet another boat. I guess what I'm saying is there is alot of these to be found if you are willing to look and wait. There are some great deals out there

Slow Boat 001
06-06-2001, 03:42 PM
If you are looking for a Good Jet boat E Mail www.hi-techperformance.com (http://www.hi-techperformance.com) Just tell them that steve sent you and they will give you a good deal.
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited June 06, 2001).]