PDA

View Full Version : color restoration

LIQUID ASSETS
04-05-2001, 07:20 PM
Anyone know a good color restorer?
I have a 20' Centurion that has set for a couple of years. It has a really trick paint "skeeem" that I would really like to keep. It has faded to a dull finish. Is there a way to bring it back from that dull death? Any suggestions? Thanks,
LIQUID

Jim Hall
04-06-2001, 05:01 AM
You can buff the gel coat. I have to look to see what I did mine with, but it's not a big job. I used a drill and buffing pad and took my time. Turned out good, a big difference!

Squirtcha?
04-07-2001, 05:50 AM
I buffed mine out too. I used a grinder with the buffing wheel attached and the stuff that painters use to buff out a job. It turned out pretty good also. I now use a product called Aerospace 303 in a spray bottle to spruce it up from time to time. I don't know how old the gel is but, and eventually it'll have to be painted or re-geled but for now it looks o.k. Not too embarassed anyway. Prior to my buffing it out it was pretty milky with a lot of white crap on it. If yours is paint you'll have to be careful or it'll take off some of the paint especially fine detail, unless it's cleared.

LIQUID ASSETS
04-07-2001, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info!
LIQUID