PDA

View Full Version : Pre-oiler System

79 HUSTLER
04-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Looking at adding a pre-lubing system in the boat and wondering what others run and were you got them at. Looking at the master lube 3qt system. What others are out there. Need to order one today so any help would be great. Thanks KELLY

Jbb
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
On my last boat,I used a 3 Qt Masterlube...In the picture you can sorta see it ...vertical right behind the right head,gauge at the bottom....It worked well...but I didnt like only the one shot (small at that) that you get from the air charge...To their credit, I had it on the boat for over 100 hrs and it always worked, and never leaked down,or gave any trouble,....But if I were to do it again I would use the kind like Keith Eickert sells that uses a pump...you do have to attach a line to the oil pan ...but to use it for longer that a second or two....and to use it on shutdown for a minute or so....seems like a far better system to me...
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/24507860DSCF0007yu1.jpg

KLEPTOW
04-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I'am looking to put one in my boat as well. I'm not impressed with what is out there or the cost, so it looks like I will put together my own unit possible using a Amsol pump and spend what I've saved on trick stainless lines.