PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats

Speedin' Ian
04-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know what the 29' is going for with a 496HO? Can you tell me your good and bad experiences with this company? How fast has this hull gone? Can you get it with something besides a Merc. motor, like a Teague or something?

riverracerx
04-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Dicudmore has a sweet one. He should be chiming in.....

jdogginla
04-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Yeah........give Dano a milisecond here and he should post. Haven't riden in his yet, but I've seen it handle the chop from Long Beach to Catalina pretty well. aahhhhheemmmmm......atleast it handled it better than the boat I was on, LOL! :hammerhea

moneypit
04-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Call Cheetah Bob.... Im sure he will put in any motor you want. I think the best way to get that boat is buy it with out the motor, then take it outside to teague (or whomever) and then have them put their product in. The 29 is a good boat.. But like advantage, its not the most efficient hull. What im saying, is that its not a stepped hull. Cheetah is a great boat though!
Dan will give you his thoughts.

MOBrien
04-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Dan will tell ya anything you want to know about it. I believe it's been in both fresh & salt water excursions so you can get a well-rounded summarization of what that boat's all about in various environments.....he's got the 496HO too I think.
Good luck! That's a sweet boat. Cheetah Bob should step that muthereffer though. :D

Brian Ray
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
I have a price list from last year....it's at home but I want to say the 29' was $45K or $50K...the upgrade to the 496HO was $12K. If you want when I get home I can give you the exact amounts...better yet if you have a fax I'll fax you the complete price list....I'm sure prices have changed but this would give you a ballpark.
-Brian

dicudmore
04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Dan has now joined the conversation :wink:
Chris (stealth marine on the boards) says there is a 29 in Havasu with big motor in it but I haven't heard for sure whats really in it or what it runs.
There might be one with a mild (625ishHP) 540 in it soon :D

dicudmore
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
I have a price list from last year....it's at home but I want to say the 29' was $45K or $50K...the upgrade to the 496HO was $12K. If you want when I get home I can give you the exact amounts...better yet if you have a fax I'll fax you the complete price list....I'm sure prices have changed but this would give you a ballpark.
-Brian
He's pretty close there....
I think the base with the HO is 59K give or take

dicudmore
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
ah....PM received I see....
Just let me know when you're ready for a demo-ride. Boats in Havasu :D

Speedin' Ian
04-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I sent Chris a pm and I wll give him a call sometime this week. Seems to me that an aftermarket motor may be the way to go, no warranty but much better performance at a lot less money. I think Teague makes a 540/540hp motor for a rround 10k, and I am sure the guy whose building for our dragboat could duplicate that for less

INSman
04-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I sent Chris a pm and I wll give him a call sometime this week. Seems to me that an aftermarket motor may be the way to go, no warranty but much better performance at a lot less money. I think Teague makes a 540/540hp motor for a rround 10k, and I am sure the guy whose building for our dragboat could duplicate that for less
Take a look at the Ilmor MV10 while you are at Teague. You can get either the 550HP or the 625HP model with a Teague Platinum XR drive for a fairly decent number, all with a 1 year warranty !!! :D :D

dicudmore
04-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Take a look at the Ilmor MV10 while you are at Teague. You can get either the 550HP or the 625HP model with a Teague Platinum XR drive for a fairly decent number, all with a 1 year warranty !!! :D :D
couple of those Viper motors I might could hang w/Blane's new sled :D