PDA

View Full Version : What can we as a "Community" do?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
So, with all of the problems at Havasu, with what NSF said about the city council, and keeping in mind that everyone is entitled to use any area of the lake, I was wondering if anyone here has any real ideas that we, as a community of responsible boaters, can do to make things work, so to speak? There are plenty of people on here that are smarter than I, and I think if we somehow try and help solve/alleviate the percevied problems, in the end it will be better for everyone. Keeping in mind we all have our own ideas of what is wrong and what is or is not acceptable behavior. Any ideas?
Or you can just tell me I'm crazy and to shut the hell up. :D

harleypauls
04-11-2005, 11:08 AM
My suggestion would be to designate and area, say Copper Canyon, and at the entrance we put up a giant curtain, like video stores do, and just post a sign that says "you must be 18 yo old to enter Copper Canyon. that way the families and the people who don't want to see what goes on, can't see through the curtain.
Paul>J/K :D

Ducatista
04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure what to do, but I wish people would simply pick up their trash and beer cans....sheesh! We spent Friday at the channel with no problems, but Sat & Sun we were in several secluded coves sheltered from the wind and there was frickin trash on every little beach we pulled into. Filled up a large trash bag on Saturday alone, damn that makes me mad! :mad: No respect for the lake at all...rant done. :mad: At least the fishin was good, caught some nice stripers! :)

Not So Fast
04-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure what to do, but I wish people would simply pick up their trash and beer cans....sheesh! We spent Friday at the channel with no problems, but Sat & Sun we were in several secluded coves sheltered from the wind and there was frickin trash on every little beach we pulled into. Filled up a large trash bag on Saturday alone, damn that makes me mad! :mad: No respect for the lake at all...rant done. :mad: At least the fishin was good, caught some nice stripers! :)
There used to be a cleanup campaign after every big weekend and some of the local companies even let thier employees stay home to participate with pay and you got a t-shirt for doing it(North Star Steel in Kingman for one, of course they closed up after import steel could be bought cheaper because of Government regulations but thats another story), anyway, My son and some friends went with them one time voluntarily and the stories of what they found were hard to believe and he said it was really hard work! They would fill up barges with trash!!
So I believe my idea would stop people from violating the laws if instead of some chicken poop fine they also had to spend at least TWO days in pink jumpsuits picking up trash from the channel, the lake and the 95 highway. I guarantee they would think twice before violating the law even if it were a misdemeanor. Sheriff Joe is a god-damn hero if you ask me! NSF

slowinhavasu
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
So, with all of the problems at Havasu, with what NSF said about the city council, and keeping in mind that everyone is entitled to use any area of the lake, I was wondering if anyone here has any real ideas that we, as a community of responsible boaters, can do to make things work, so to speak? There are plenty of people on here that are smarter than I, and I think if we somehow try and help solve/alleviate the percevied problems, in the end it will be better for everyone. Keeping in mind we all have our own ideas of what is wrong and what is or is not acceptable behavior. Any ideas?
Or you can just tell me I'm crazy and to shut the hell up. :D
Your crazy and shut the hell up. It does appear your taste is getting better!!!!
Bottom line the bags of sh*t that litter do it where ever they are, no class bags of sh*t. Why I'm at it, you Fuc**n smokers who throw your butts in the lake piss me off too. Put your butts in a can then in the trash...
You all have heard me rant before, the channel is OUR public park. Your sex acts, druckin fighting bullsh*t needs to stop. WE can't come to your town and parade our wifes around YOUR parks in g-strings and pasties, beat people up because there in our spot, in general, be dumb asses.
Ive been coming here most of my life, fell down got drunk and had a great time. That was the seventies and eighties, some of the nineties. This town is not what it used to be. It's a city, with laws and cops and rules.
Most people will figure out this city deserves some respect.
For the most part things will stay the same, then we will have more laws and rules and the place that was, will be no more then, "back in the day"...........
That's my two cents.....I love this town, raising my kids here has been a blast, and some day I'll tell my grand kids how it was , "back in the day".... Take care all be safe....

wsuwrhr
04-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I have been at the river since I was 15-16, it is not the same as I remember, and it's pretty sad considering I am in my 30's.
Ever since MTV pulled into town for spring break the place has gone downhill.
Brian

Kilrtoy
04-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Everyone here needs to get more active, ESPECIALLY THE HOMEOWNERS......
HINT HOMEOWNERS.....