PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Hitch

Waldo
04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Since we've had some good golf cart discussion this morning, I thought I would ask a question.
I have a 97 ezgo, lifted, w/flip down rear seat. The rear seat also has a foot rest/platform. I always figured that a hitch wouldn't work as the foot platform sticks out a ways. However, I have seen lately a couple pictures floating around of the same rear seat setup with a hitch.
Anyone here have one? Does your cart wheelie when towing? Thanks.

BarryMac
04-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Since we've had some good golf cart discussion this morning, I thought I would ask a question.
I have a 97 ezgo, lifted, w/flip down rear seat. The rear seat also has a foot rest/platform. I always figured that a hitch wouldn't work as the foot platform sticks out a ways. However, I have seen lately a couple pictures floating around of the same rear seat setup with a hitch.
Anyone here have one? Does your cart wheelie when towing? Thanks.
And what exactly would you be towing with your Golf Cart??? :idea: :idea:

Unforgiven
04-12-2005, 09:20 AM
your boat.....

Waldo
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Should I dare say...
A small trailer with lake lice on it. :D

kphayes
04-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I will have to post some pics later but, I have a hitch on my lifted '97 ezgo electric and I move a 25' eliminator daytona aound with it. It lags a little going up hill in the grass. Otherwise it does alright. I am guessing on the tongue weight but it's probably close to 300lbs. +/-

Ducatista
04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
I bought a hitch for my 2001 EZ GO from Premire Golf Carts in Havasu and bolted on myself, same setup on the cart as you. I had an 36inch extension bar made with a wheel with swivel attached on the bottom to prevent rear sag on the cart, and use it to launch my GTX, works perfect. The extension bar allows me to keep the rear wheels high & dry on the launch ramp when launching. I think the whole setup, hitch, extension bar and wheel from harbor freight cost me about 50 bucks, and has worked perfectly for several years now at the Islander launch ramp. Waldo, did you ever replace you're cart batteries, if so what did you go with?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Just strap your kid on the back and tell em to "HOLD ON TIGHT".

Not So Fast
04-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm going to be new to the cart scene and I was wondering about moving a boat around, not towing but just moving it around and what type of drive do they have, single wheel, two wheel ect. Thanks NSF

gmocnik
04-12-2005, 02:36 PM
ducatista..
are you still in 51 on the penninsula..i am in 156 and will be out this weekend to set up.. would like to look at your cart setup..
let me know when you'll be out
gary

Ducatista
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey Gary, sent you a PM. Not sure yet about this weekend, but feel free to stop by anytime to check it out. It's right there hooked up under the Jenkins.

ChumpChange
04-13-2005, 12:22 PM
The biggest Ice Chest full of Beer that you've EVER seen.

BarryMac
04-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Should I dare say...
A small trailer with lake lice on it. :D
The biggest Ice Chest full of Beer that you've EVER seen.
Both reason make perfect sense, just not sure why anyone would own Lake Lice... :D :D

Chase
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Would these pull a fifth wheel??? :yuk:
I agree on the question of why someone would want lake lice

Waldo
04-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Both reason make perfect sense, just not sure why anyone would own Lake Lice... :D :D
It was given to us, it's in good condition, and my mother-in-law gets her $hits and Giggles on it. She is the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for and I don't mind keeping it at our place for her.
Lake Licers Have Feelings Too Ya Know! :messedup: