PDA

View Full Version : teague motor update

boatnam2
04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
well as far as i understand it at one time i probaly overheated my motor which has all kinds of bells and whistles so you dont do that.probaly when it happened it screwed up the valve seat which let lose after sitting for a year and only being ran in ice cold water for a few hours this year where it wouldnt even register on the temp gauge. metal went into the mainifold which went into all the cyclinders.so basically machine work,new pistons, new heads,new valves,gaskets and labor all total about 8k in damage pretty steep for overheating i must say myself.i will have a few questions for mario when i talk to him again.

PHOTOGLOU
04-12-2005, 10:34 AM
What happend??????????????????Warranty?????????????how many hours on the motor??????????when was it serviced last????????????? What's going on????

Havasu Hangin'
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Scotty's 620 did the same thing- dropped valve seats on the Brodix heads, but was covered under warranty.
Sounds like a Brodix issue?

boatnam2
04-12-2005, 10:39 AM
not quite sure but but i guess the motor was overheated which caused a lean condition in cyclinder #5 hole which caused the seat to come apart or fall out not sure ,becaue the older merlins heads had a thin or weak seats.didnt ask to many question because i was on the phone and i really cant see what he is talking about.

Havasu Hangin'
04-12-2005, 10:44 AM
not quite sure but but i guess the motor was overheated which caused a lean condition in cyclinder #5 hole which caused the seat to come apart or fall out not sure ,becaue the older merlins heads had a thin or weak seats.didnt ask to many question because i was on the phone and i really cant see what he is talking about.
Either way, partner...I'd ask alot of questions about if this is a common problem. Scotty's same motor did the same thing, but I rarely hear about seats dropping on any other motors (overheated or not)...

Havasu47
04-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Generally, seats fall out due to improper installation. I.E. not enough press. Usually, if the engine overheated enough to make a seat come loose there would be other damage/indications as well.....
Just a little .02

boatnam2
04-12-2005, 10:46 AM
well this is where all the problems start,the motor is 3 years old and was pulled out of are old boat and put into our new boat. so there is no warranty. i never thought i would have a problem with the motor it has run flawless and only has a 100 hours, so why give it away when i sold my old boat.i would of got the same price for our old boat with the teague or a new merc 496.

charlyox
04-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Thats a bummer Mac Daddy

boatnam2
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
tell me about it.thank god i dont do what im thinking of doing right now putting it together and selling the peice of shit.

bordsmnj
04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Ouch! 8k!!! :messedup: That sucks poo-poo stained shorts!!!!!
Looks like we found a buyer for our boat so you better get yours fixed! :rolleyes:
xoxox
Linda <----- signed on as Jason, ooops!

Tom Brown
04-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Looks like we found a buyer for our boat so you better get yours fixed! :rolleyes:
You guys are selling the AfterShock? :jawdrop:
That's a beautiful boat.
Hey Jim... Sorry about your problems. Maybe it's time for a setback bracket and a 300X. :cool:

NashvilleBound
04-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Are we talking GT or TCM here? You guys are making me nervous as I am supposed to call Bob to confirm a 900 tomorrow.....talk to me....

canuck1
04-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Ignore Tom and his smoker comments, give Info a call and I'm sure he can set you up

Hustler
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Are we talking GT or TCM here? You guys are making me nervous as I am supposed to call Bob to confirm a 900 tomorrow.....talk to me....
That would be TCM :( Sorry to hear about your troubles Jim, You and Tina are always welcome on the Hustler, it's not new or flashy but it holds the same amount of beer :D

OGShocker
04-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Generally, seats fall out due to improper installation. I.E. not enough press. Usually, if the engine overheated enough to make a seat come loose there would be other damage/indications as well.....
Just a little .02
Who asked you? :D See you later!

J540
04-12-2005, 02:53 PM
So what is he nailing for the 900.

boatnam2
04-12-2005, 02:55 PM
i think the 900 is about 50k with drive.nashville be sure to tell bob about how your nervous about buying a motor after a guy you know from the ***boat FOURMS motor took a shit after a 100 hours.maybe it will help my cause.

NastyOne
04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
J540 - Sick ride hommie!

NashvilleBound
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
So what is he nailing for the 900.
WAY too much...does that help....how about...as much as I traded my entire Ultra in for.....

Hustler
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Nashville, you might try giving GT a try, he seems to be a little more customer friendly when comes to having issues.

missboatnam1
04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Jim, You and Tina are always welcome on the Hustler, it's not new or flashy but it holds the same amount of beer :D
AWWWWW YOUR SUCH A SWEETIE JOE :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey Nashville, you might try giving GT a try, he seems to be a little more customer friendly when comes to having issues.
Hey Hustler..Long time. I will be talking it out between the two tomorrow. Well see what we come up with.

Parker Dreamin
04-12-2005, 05:29 PM
8K, that is just a couple extra days of overtime for you.. but please buy a new pair of shorts first.... sorry to hear the news bud.

missboatnam1
04-12-2005, 05:37 PM
buy a new pair of shorts first....
ROLMAO :D :D :D :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle:
i dont know if a wash job is going to work this tims LOL...i think im going to have to post the evidence of the priceless short day :rollside:

Havasu47
04-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Who asked you? :D See you later!
:boxingguy :boxingguy

1h20lowrider
04-12-2005, 06:54 PM
well as far as i understand it at one time i probaly overheated my motor which has all kinds of bells and whistles so you dont do that.probaly when it happened it screwed up the valve seat which let lose after sitting for a year and only being ran in ice cold water for a few hours this year where it wouldnt even register on the temp gauge. metal went into the mainifold which went into all the cyclinders.so basically machine work,new pistons, new heads,new valves,gaskets and labor all total about 8k in damage pretty steep for overheating i must say myself.i will have a few questions for mario when i talk to him again.
My expertise tells me that you need stop using that home made GASOLINE,...JUST trying to save a buck ,RIGHT? WAZ up! BOATNAM 0

Havasu Hangin'
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
SINCE SCOTTY IS AFRAID TO POST...
..he wanted me to correct something. :notam:
His Teague 620 did the same thing at about 100 hours. A few seats dropped, but never hit the pistons. He had to cover it out of his pocket, since it was out of warranty, too.
I won't mention the time he got the boat back from Teague with the water fittings hand tight, and the hose popped off...

Hustler
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
ROLMAO :D :D :D :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle:
i think im going to have to post the evidence of the priceless short day :rollside:
If it's any thing like the onion story please dont tell :eek:

boatnam2
04-13-2005, 05:41 AM
i would like to find 3 or 4 guys that have had the same problem with the valve seats just so i could say hey maybe it is the head you are using and not the driver getting his motor to hot.double h have scotty pm me if he has any info.just like my motor i had a bad valve seat and got a little blow by friday night at the river.no biggie new filter and a oil change and i was ready to go!

Essex502
04-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Teague on Tech in this month's Powerboat Magazine speaks about valve seats in, I believe, aluminum heads. Coincidence?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-13-2005, 06:48 AM
.just like my motor i had a bad valve seat and got a little blow by friday night at the river.no biggie new filter and a oil change and i was ready to go!
That right there is fricken hilarious!!!! :rollside:
xoxo

charlyox
04-13-2005, 09:14 AM
I've heard the onion story LOL

missboatnam1
04-14-2005, 04:56 PM
That right there is fricken hilarious!!!! :rollside:
xoxo
:messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:
OW LORDY. YOU ANTE SEEN NOTHIN YET!!

GRASS PAY$
04-14-2005, 07:19 PM
HH, what boat does this Scotty have? It must be the best hope it turns right :idea:

JetBoatRich
04-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Jim sorry to hear about your motor :devil: just got mine back two weeks ago :notam: no fun at all :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
04-14-2005, 07:47 PM
HH, what boat does this Scotty have? It must be the best hope it turns right :idea:
GP...I think he has one of those "super fast" F-1 DCB Racing boats....
...but I'm not sure if it goes left when you turn left. :notam:

missboatnam1
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
SINCE SCOTTY IS AFRAID TO POST...
..he wanted me to correct something. :notam:
His Teague 620 did the same thing at about 100 hours. A few seats dropped, but never hit the pistons. He had to cover it out of his pocket, since it was out of warranty, too.
I won't mention the time he got the boat back from Teague with the water fittings hand tight, and the hose popped off...
WHERES SCOTTY?????? THIS JUST SUCKS!!!!