PDA

View Full Version : Hight speed internet in Mohave Valley area...

Scarab Jet
04-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Was wonderin'... do any of you ***boaters have high speed internet service along the river on the Arizona side in the Mohave Valley area? I called Frontier to get DSL but they said that they don't provide it in that area (i.e., zip code 86440)!
So, is there anyone else that offers DSL or Cable high speed?
Not interested in satellite, since it is not what I'd call high speed and is fairly expensive...
Also, as an alternative, I was thinkin' to use internet through cellular using PC card with my laptop... In fact, I was using Cingular (at $80/month with unlimited download/upload) but again it was just a bit faster than dial-up and not high speed... Is anybody using any other cellular high speed internet via other cell phone providers like T-mobile, Sprint, verizon, etc. that gets a good signal in that area?
Thanx in advance...
Mike...

Big Kahunaa
04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
I have Frontier dsl at my house in mohave valley who is your phone sevice thought

Scarab Jet
04-25-2006, 02:18 PM
What is the name of the cable provider in that area?
I use a cable modem but don't recall how much it csts. Works good and is dependable

Scarab Jet
04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Frontier is my phone line... Well... That's strange. Where abouts in Mohave Valley are you? I am right off of Dike rd...
I have Frontier dsl at my house in mohave valley who is your phone sevice thought

Big Kahunaa
04-25-2006, 02:51 PM
i'm off south street by spirt moutain we have the pakage deal though frontier phone, dsl,and tv

prop check
04-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I am positive nothing in the mohove valley is high speed..... :crossx: :cool:

Boatcop
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
NPG Cable has pretty much everything on the Arizona West side.