PDA

View Full Version : Softball!!

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM
First game of the season Starts Tuesday in Fountan Valley...WHOOHOOO!!! Who else plays??? And do u have all the strict bat rules??? It's Freakin hard to find a new one!!!

LAFD
04-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I Play In Glendale. No Bat Rule So Ultra 2 Baby. Nice Complex In The Mountain. Its Fun.

welk2party
04-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Used to play all the time. My team kind of just fell apart and I never looked for another one to play on. Would love to play again.

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 11:13 AM
so lucky...almost every bat is banned..it has to be a single wall..no more the 1.20bpf one piece construction..no titanium...so many damn things!! the one good thing is it keeps down the cost of the bat :idea:

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Used to play all the time. My team kind of just fell apart and I never looked for another one to play on. Would love to play again.
I currently play for our company team...on tuesdays...we should start a local ***boat Team!!! :idea:

LAFD
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah Bats Can Get Damn Expensive. I Play Thursday Nights.ide Be Down For A ***boat Team That Would Be Sweet.

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Man, I need to get back into it. I used to play at least twice a week. They have some sick fields in Chino, I think it's called Field of Dreams or something

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
well it looks like theres a few of us willing...anymore??? :D

Scream
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I used to play on a co-ed team in Azusa with Ahhell, why the hell we drove all the way to Azusa to play softball I'll never know, but I digress...We were'nt big winners usually but we did get hammered after every game. That was a great time, i'll tell ya.

IN2-IN2MX
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Mike and I play on a co-ed team on Thursday nights (he doesn't play all the time because of work). We're the GEN-U-ONES :D . Mike plays center and I play 2nd base. My friend Lisa's husband Michael also plays with us now. We love it. :shift:

Scream
04-13-2005, 12:00 PM
The team we were on was a bunch of CPA's and Attorneys...lol, what a bunch of whimps, but it was fun. That was back in the early 80's, I think I still have the jersey, although it doesn't quite fit anymore...lol

welk2party
04-13-2005, 12:04 PM
I currently play for our company team...on tuesdays...we should start a local ***boat Team!!! :idea:
That makes 3 with 7 more to go. Let's get'er done...

Mtg Pro
04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
we are just getting ready to start up again. We have all the rules against the bats. I'll tell you as a pitcher that someone is going to get killed. I can't tell you how fast the ball comes back at you.

AllMaxdOut
04-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I used play all the time to ......but my team fell apart also
we played in Chino, I would like to play on a ***boat team.
We did use any bat we wanted to.

AZKC
04-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Played for about 15 years(1985-2000) here in town at Sports Park, USSSA mostly. Got out just when they started getting picky with the bats. Played 2 nights a week and usually 1 tourney a month during Spring and Summer. Miss the good times :cool: don't miss the bad mornings after :shift: :frown: :sleeping: :hammerhea

ahhell
04-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I was all signed up to play this season and I'll be dammed, my kid has a game every thurs night, the night IM SUPPOSED TO PLAY...damn kids...Its more important for him to play than me anyway...I like the summer season better, too f'in old to be playing in the desert cold nights :supp:
44/yo and still being asked to play....must be O.K. :hammer2:

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 01:18 PM
were gonna need some woman to step up to the plate!!! :crossx: Which girls wanna get dirty??? :D

INSman
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I play as I have for almost too many years now in the most competitive league in Simi Valley. They have almost all the hot bats outlawed there, but I have been swinging and liking the Easton Synergy 2 and the Miken Freak. Depending on the ball and the weather, the Mizuno Orange Crush has worked very well for me too, once broken in.

LAFD
04-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Bueler? Bueler?. Where The Ladies At?

Domn8er
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I haven't played for a couple of years but I'm game to play again. Depending on location.

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I play as I have for almost too many years now in the most competitive league in Simi Valley. They have almost all the hot bats outlawed there, but I have been swinging and liking the Easton Synergy 2 and the Miken Freak. Depending on the ball and the weather, the Mizuno Orange Crush has worked very well for me too, once broken in.
the orange crush is a very nice bat..personally I like the DeMarini DXVNS-5 Vexxum its a half and half composite..but they still ban that!! as well as the ones u mentioned..there thinking about letting this bat through..which would rock! :D

hot_diggity_dog
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Went 4 for 4 last night :clover:
Been playing in Carlsbad and North S.D. County for 13 years. :boxingguy
We'll I don't want to lie, :idea: it's an excuse to drink with the Bro's! :sqeyes:
HDD

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
were gonna need some woman to step up to the plate!!! :crossx: Which girls wanna get dirty??? :D
Should be out in Corona soon. It would be cool to play. As for the women, the Mrs. might not play(or maybe), but she can get dirty as a cheerleader too. :devil:

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
NOTALENT. You're not that far from Torrance, they have leagues over here at Wilson Park that are always going off.

barbigrl
04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll play.....can't say I am good though...maybe I will just cheerlead with Mrs Hootersled. ShowSum used to play..I am sure she would be down. So who do you play against?? Other teams or each other?? What are you talking about, bat rules?? :confused:

barbigrl
04-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Should be out in Corona soon. :
I am still waiting... :idea:

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
NOTALENT. You're not that far from Torrance, they have leagues over here at Wilson Park that are always going off.
Im down to drive a little distance..We have to see where the midpoint would be for most of us..or whos willing to drive. As for the CheerLeaders...Hehe.. that would be a big confidence booster for us.>!! :D Would sure take the other teams mind of off the game!
As for bat rules barbi...they restrict alot of bats now because they think of them as cheater bats..and the prices are starting to get outrageous! Ceramic bats are starting at like $400..but like diligaf said..its all about the skill!!!

LAFD
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
To Go Along With Notalent They Are Also Limiting Bats Due To The Speed The Ball Comes Off The Bat. I Think There Trying To Keep It Under A 100 I Think. But Like I Said Luckly There Isnt A Bat Rule In My Leage Yet.

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 02:54 PM
If you guys got a team together to play in the Corona/Chino Hills area, I'd be down if it were say a monday or weds night...I played a few years at Yorba Regional in Anaheim Hills also. That's not a bad league. I'm sure I could convince Totally IncapASSitated to play also. We used to play HS ball together. Seems like a good # of us live out in the Corona area...

JetBoatRich
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Man, I need to get back into it. I used to play at least twice a week. They have some sick fields in Chino, I think it's called Field of Dreams or something
We play a tourney every year in Chino, but not at that park :confused: we play at the place against the prision :squiggle:

barbigrl
04-13-2005, 03:00 PM
If you guys got a team together to play in the Corona/Chino Hills area, I'd be down if it were say a monday or weds night...I played a few years at Yorba Regional in Anaheim Hills also. That's not a bad league. I'm sure I could convince Totally IncapASSitated to play also. We used to play HS ball together. Seems like a good # of us live out in the Corona area...
I am with ya on the Mon/Wed schedule, I have school tues and thurs! I agree a lot of people live this way....however maybe we get two teams according to location then play against each other....
wow, I cannot beleive how much bat's cost!! All these rules....stupid!! :yuk:

Totally IncapASSitated
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm down to play also...would prefer the Corona/Chino area also, but lets figure out where everyone is and what would make the most sense.
As far as bats go, I'll use a damn broomstick and still put on a hitting clinic for ya all!!!!! :D :D :D lol
I know Ivan Dan and Jdogg999 would want to play also.

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Damn...we got 1.5 girls so far??? what the fock...come out ladys??? :220v:

AirtimeLavey
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Played hardball in HS, and some softball for a while after....I'd be game if it was around Chino/Corona way. :cool:

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll play.....can't say I am good though...maybe I will just cheerlead with Mrs Hootersled. ShowSum used to play..I am sure she would be down. So who do you play against?? Other teams or each other?? What are you talking about, bat rules?? :confused:
I can bring my cheerleader...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2185DSC00002-med.JPG
Seems like we have more cheerleaders than players though....

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I can bring my cheerleader...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2185DSC00002-med.JPG
Seems like we have more cheerleaders than players though....
haha...there aint nothin wrong with that!!! :D Screw softball..lets just watch them cheer!!! :D NOW REQUESTING CHEERLEADERS!!! :crossx:

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
That's what I'm talking about. We sit in the stands, drink beer, and give them the field. Let them run around the field. Better yet, find out when the sprinklers go on at night, make sure they all wear the standard uniforms, 'white T-shirts (no writing) and shorts'...sorry, I'm a little off-topic. Back to softball...

Totally IncapASSitated
04-13-2005, 03:49 PM
That's what I'm talking about. We sit in the stands, drink beer, and give them the field. Let them run around the field. Better yet, find out when the sprinklers go on at night, make sure they all wear the standard uniforms, 'white T-shirts (no writing) and shorts'...sorry, I'm a little off-topic. Back to softball...
The hell with softball!!!! I'm definitely down for "drunken cheerleader wet t-shirt watching"!!! We might even need to make this two days a week, so that everyone gets a turn to play :)

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Fock I love brainstorming..but instead of white T-Shirts...Wife Beaters!!! :crossx:
LADYS...ANY TAKERS!!! ALCOHOL IS PROVIDED FOR U TOO!!! :eek:

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Fock I love brainstorming..but instead of white T-Shirts...Wife Beaters!!! :crossx:
LADYS...ANY TAKERS!!! ALCOHOL IS PROVIDED FOR U TOO!!! :eek:
My ideas can always be improved, as proven here....man I love wifebeaters....

Gman
04-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Well I have played for the last 16 years. Use to play in high school and jr college then broke my elbow and blew out my MCL in my knee. Now I just play softball. I use to play 3 night a week plus a traveling tourney team on the weekends. Now I just drink and and f-off. But would be interested in a friendly non competitive league. I am tired of all the competitive "A" league all or nothing BS. If some hot boat friends want to get together and play for fun I am down!!

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
thats sounds fun...even if we cant form a team..set up a saturday or something, all meet up..and set up some games all in the name of fun, bbq, and drink some cold ones... :idea: :D

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
I am still waiting... :idea:
Went to put an offer on a sick ass pad the other day. Come to find out the shit was already pending. DAMMIT!!! We were at the house on Sunday too and the owner did not even mention anything!! We should be out there this weekend hunting too barbi.

THOR
04-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I used to play professional softball (yes professional) a few years back and had fun traveling to 20-30 states in the USA. I dont play as much anymore though. Kind of miss come to think of it.

cola
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
I used to play professional softball (yes professional) a few years back and had fun traveling to 20-30 states in the USA. I dont play as much anymore though. Kind of miss come to think of it.
The King & his Court ? Do you know Ray Smith from the IE or Marty Rubinoff. Both pitchers. :cool:

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
so...is that a blunt statement saying that u are intrested...or is that just bragging rights??? :D

THOR
04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
so...is that a blunt statement saying that u are intrested...or is that just bragging rights??? :D
Both.....
And, I didnt play fast pitch. I had a factory sponsorship from Louisville Slugger and got a weekly stipend from them. :) I did do and Exhibition with the King and his court (aka Eddie Fener). He was a hoot. That dude pitched balls blind folded and was right on the money. Unreal.

Beer Factor
04-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I've played on the same team in Corona on tuesday nights for twelve years. And yes we do have the bat rules. The best thing about this team is our sponsor picks up the league fees and also buys pizza and beer after every game. Win or lose, we booze.

Raskal
04-13-2005, 08:24 PM
i down to play .i have not played for 4 or 5 years .but coaching boys tee ball makes me want to play again .

NOTALENT
04-13-2005, 08:43 PM
wow..theres alot of intrest..we may have to have an OC/LB team and a Riverside Team...haha... and at the end of the season go against each other!! for the all out HB Title!!! :D Losers buy beer! :jawdrop:

IN2-IN2MX
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Too bad I live so far from everyone. I would like to play.
If the whole Saturday or Sunday game gets planned (would be fun to meet at a park, have a picnic and shoot the shiat) I am in. :D

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
If the whole Saturday or Sunday game gets planned (would be fun to meet at a park, have a picnic and shoot the shiat) I am in. :D
You guys need to move. ;)

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
wow..theres alot of intrest..we may have to have an OC/LB team and a Riverside Team...haha... and at the end of the season go against each other!! for the all out HB Title!!! :D Losers buy beer! :jawdrop:
Heck no...we just have to get Beer Factors' sponsor and they can buy us beer! BTW, Beer Factor, any room on the team? man what a deal...

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I've played softball for 10 years!!!! I played catcher, and 2nd base. I rock, lol. I haven't played in a while, so busy with work. Buuuuut I'd love to be on a hot boat league!!!!
Let's do it! :clover:
Wow...not everyday you see a chick that talks as much smack as that! I just gotta see you put your game where your mouth is!!! This'll be fun...

Totally IncapASSitated
04-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey Newcastle...shouldn't you be working right now!!!!

Ivan Dan
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Ya no kiddin....he needs the O/T to pay for that new Havasu pad and FINALLY buy himself a boat. :eek: :p :D

Newcastle
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I think both of y'all need to shut it. What I work tonight equals what both of you put in a week, so shut it! Those of us that actually work somewhere other than our 'home offices'
You guys down for softball or what? I'd only really be able to do it mon or weds...

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Damn, can't get to Corona soon enough.

Ivan Dan
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I think both of y'all need to shut it. What I work tonight equals what both of you put in a week, so shut it! Those of us that actually work somewhere other than our 'home offices'
You guys down for softball or what? I'd only really be able to do it mon or weds...
DAMMMMMM a little sensitive there aren't ya?!?! :D
I'm in for Monday nights....can't Wednesday evenings though cuz that would cut into my racing time.

Ivan Dan
04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Damn, can't get to Corona soon enough.
Let me know if you guys need any help with that. PM'd you guys

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Let me know if you guys need any help with that. PM'd you guys
Yup I remember. Thanks man. We're pretty damn close. Should be out there this weekend.

JetBoatRich
04-14-2005, 03:17 AM
I can be in for either of those nights :idea: need more information :idea:

NOTALENT
04-14-2005, 05:48 AM
SO what is a good weekend before summer gets here for everyone??? Next saturday??? 04/23/05???? Or that sunday???

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Went to put an offer on a sick ass pad the other day. Come to find out the shit was already pending. DAMMIT!!! We were at the house on Sunday too and the owner did not even mention anything!! We should be out there this weekend hunting too barbi.
We are having a party this Saterday at a bar here in Corona....it is an afternoon evening thing...if you guys want to stop by you are more then welcome!! Get some refreshments after house hunting!! What area's are you looking into?
I like the Saterday softball idea...we can make it a ***boat picnic/softball event.....too bad everyone will be at the river though. Everyone will be home mother's day weekend though...right?? Here I go again trying to plan parties... :redface: :redface:

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
SO what is a good weekend before summer gets here for everyone??? Next saturday??? 04/23/05???? Or that sunday???
Do you think that most people will be staying home mother's day weekend?? I beleive I am going to be at the drink that weekend.... :frown:

slink
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
We are having a party this Saterday at a bar here in Corona....it is an afternoon evening thing...if you guys want to stop by you are more then welcome!! Get some refreshments after house hunting!! What area's are you looking into?
I like the Saterday softball idea...we can make it a ***boat picnic/softball event.....too bad everyone will be at the river though. Everyone will be home mother's day weekend though...right?? Here I go again trying to plan parties... :redface: :redface:
Uh.....Hello McFly :D

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Uh.....Hello McFly :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_5_2.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxmk146YYUS')
be nice or you wont be my favorite cop anymore!!! hahaha.... oh and slink...just ignore the part about the party..... :D

slink
04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_5_2.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxmk146YYUS')
be nice or you wont be my favorite cop anymore!!! hahaha.... oh and slink...just ignore the part about the party..... :D
Think I might have to stop by and inspect the "lickher" license :D

NOTALENT
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM
You can scratch that softball/BBQ thing on a weekend. Just not going to happen now with the weather warming up and boating season ahead. You can go with it but you will not have that big of a turnout. Not enough for two teams to play softball...just a thought.
Next weekend is the Harley Run in Laughlin by the way....
yeah, thats what I was thinking...Summer is not quite hear yet..we may be able to get something going....If I had me a Harley..I would be there for sure..that should be a crazy time!

NOTALENT
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Do you think that most people will be staying home mother's day weekend?? I beleive I am going to be at the drink that weekend.... :frown:
I would hope sooo...u gonna stay in parker or the zoo??

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Think I might have to stop by and inspect the "lickher" license :D
I am not going to tell you which bar it is!! Your going to have to drive to everyone!!! :wink: :)
Yeah I think the sat picnic thing would be hard to pull off....it is going to have to be during the week game :yuk:

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I would hope sooo...u gonna stay in parker or the zoo??
I think I am going to be in Parker that weekend....I might not go though...I dont think I can do three weekends in a row.... :frown:

LAFD
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
So If There Is A Game Lets See Some Of The Cheerleaders Uniforms. Just To Make Sure Its The Proper Attire.

slink
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I am not going to tell you which bar it is!! Your going to have to drive to everyone!!! :wink: :)
Yeah I think the sat picnic thing would be hard to pull off....it is going to have to be during the week game :yuk:
Girl, talk about leaving the door WIDE OPEN :D but because your a C-towner I'll leave it alone.

barbigrl
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Girl, talk about leaving the door WIDE OPEN :D but because your a C-towner I'll leave it alone.
:hammer2: thanks!! lol

RiverForUs
04-20-2005, 11:19 PM
This thread kinda died down. I don't know about getting a league team together but if anyone is up for a game or two I can get the field. The park across the street from my house has 3 little league fields one of which is a city-owned field. I'm in my 3rd year coaching little league and know several of the board members. I can get access to the field, drags, chalk, and bases. I believe that the l.l. field has the same distances between the bases as softball (60') and to the mound/rubber (40 something ') but I may be wrong. There are no outfield fences as they are portable and would be too close for some of you bashers.
A Sunday game would be the easiest to arrange, however a late afternoon Saturday game would work as well. A weeknight game could happen but there are no lights (which shouldn't be a problem as games are usually an hour to 1:15 and it's getting darker later) and I'll need to find a weeknight that there are no little league games on this field.
The park is off the 57 fwy in Anaheim between Ball and Lincoln--just north of the Pond and Angel Stadium and just south of the 91 fwy.
Let me know if there is enough interest and I'll get this thing going.

Totally IncapASSitated
04-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I think I am going to be in Parker that weekend....I might not go though...I dont think I can do three weekends in a row.... :frown:
Can't do three weekends in a row??!!! What kind of BS is that??? Sounds like we have an amateur on our hands!!

Newcastle
04-21-2005, 02:48 AM
This thread kinda died down. I don't know about getting a league team together but if anyone is up for a game or two I can get the field. The park across the street from my house has 3 little league fields one of which is a city-owned field. I'm in my 3rd year coaching little league and know several of the board members. I can get access to the field, drags, chalk, and bases. I believe that the l.l. field has the same distances between the bases as softball (60') and to the mound/rubber (40 something ') but I may be wrong. There are no outfield fences as they are portable and would be too close for some of you bashers.
A Sunday game would be the easiest to arrange, however a late afternoon Saturday game would work as well. A weeknight game could happen but there are no lights (which shouldn't be a problem as games are usually an hour to 1:15 and it's getting darker later) and I'll need to find a weeknight that there are no little league games on this field.
The park is off the 57 fwy in Anaheim between Ball and Lincoln--just north of the Pond and Angel Stadium and just south of the 91 fwy.
Let me know if there is enough interest and I'll get this thing going.
Thanks for bringing the thread back up...I'm down for a weeknight game. I could probably do a weekend afternoon game too, but would prefer a midweek night. Anaheim works for me. Which park is it? Boysen? Katella? South JH?
If that doesn't work and they don't raise the water level in Havasu, hell, we could just drop a couple bases in at the sandbar and have a friendly trash-talkin game of sloshball on a not-so-busy weekday :D Drop a keg on second base...been there, done that...always makes for a good time! :mix:

Newcastle
04-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Can't do three weekends in a row??!!! What kind of BS is that??? Sounds like we have an amateur on our hands!!
Who knows AL. Maybe she has a JOB that she actually has to show up for...you slacker.

JetBoatRich
04-21-2005, 03:56 AM
I could only make it mid-week :rolleyes:

RiverForUs
04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Anaheim works for me. Which park is it? Boysen? Katella? South JH?
It's Juarez elementary school. It's the one with the Sunkist Library in the parking lot. I live about 4 houses away. I'll be umpiring a game there tonight and will check the schedules to see when there are some open weeknights.

NOTALENT
04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
That sounds good..Im availible as long as its not tuesday nights...Just let me know when..and are we gonna have ba t rules!??? :D

Newcastle
04-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I might bring a bat wing...dunno about bat rules..
Juarez, cool...works for me. So I'm down for either a monday or weds night...so long as I'm not in Havasu

barbigrl
04-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Of course I can hang with three weekends in a row, I use weekdays to recover!!! :)