PDA

View Full Version : Palm One Treo 600???????

bigq
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Thinking about getting one of these. Any opinions on them? Best place to purchase? i need it to go on Verizon network.

cdog
04-13-2005, 10:15 PM
I did this subject a couple of weeks back. Wait untill the 650 comes out. From what I hear it's way better. I'm waiting for it to come out any week now.

bigq
04-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I saw that, it looks like the major difference is Bluetooth.

MagicMtnDan
04-13-2005, 10:28 PM
If you can get the 600 for less than the 650 (and you should) then do it. The 650 offers better quality display, some different software (not operating system) and Bluetooth. Otherwise they're essentially the same. For more info go to www.treocentral.com :)

GHTRIM
04-14-2005, 04:07 AM
I have the 600 and have had it since it came out. If you sign up for the internet / e-mail bluetooth don't mean sh1t.... I can sign (although the memory is limited but expandable) on the boards and post with my 600 anywhere in the U.S. that I can get a cellular signal. It isn't that fast but it works. It is hands down better than the Blackberry for e-mail. All of the e-mail sent to my office is also routed to my 600. I sit in the channel and correspond with various clients via e-mail. I have not purchased it but you can also get the software which enables you to open and modify Excel and Word documents. As you know it also backs up on your desk top like a Palm.

riverbound
04-14-2005, 05:08 AM
I also hav the 600. I looked at the 650 but it just didnt seem like there was a big enough difference to wait for it. The downside of the treo versus the blackberry is how long it takes to get your email. The blackberry gets them pretty much instantly and the treo checks for email every 10 minutes. If you do a lot of back and forth email this will get annoying. MY wife has the blackberry and I have the treo. It just seems it depends on what you use it for.