PDA

View Full Version : AQUA Simple Set Pools.... have one?

Mrs. Topock Junkie
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
We are thinking about buying an Aqua Simple Set Pool from Sam's Club or WalMart. They look really cool, but I havent ever talked to anyone who has one. Does anyone have one or know someone that does? I thought I would check around to see if anyone has a positive or negative comment to suggest.
Thanks !!
Karen --

HOOTER SLED-
04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
They are cool. The only drawback, which is big, are the lame ass pumps. They don't vacuum for shit. I had to end up draining mine once last year, cuz it was too far gone for the sorry ass pump to vacuum up the slight algae and dirt. We went out of town for a long weekend and came back to it like that. Kind of a catch 22. If you leave the cover on to keep clean, it gets too warm and starts to form algae. If you leave it off, you have to vacuum at least once a week. If you try to buy a pump that is stronger, it will cost more than the pool itself. Cool for the season. Just to much maintenance to leave up after summer IMO. I still have mine. It's not up. Just needs a good cleanin'. Wanna deal?? :D I got mine from Sam's last year. It's 15 or 18 foot. Can't remember. They are about $250-$260 right now at Sam's.

JetBoatRich
04-14-2005, 03:31 AM
I guess you are talking about one of these :rolleyes:
http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1500673dt.jpg
That is correct about the filters :rolleyes: my brother in-law (poolguy builder with small backyard) had one and installed a big filter he picked up on a job :rolleyes: it was like a whirlpool after that :idea:
I bought one of these 9 years ago :rolleyes: no problems, replace the filter element every couple years.
http://www.splashpools.com/assets/images/splash_superpool_lg.jpg

SJRS1
04-14-2005, 05:58 AM
dont buy one, I have one I will give you, we should have water in the new pool within a week..http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1646DSC01246.JPG

rsoscia
04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
dont buy one, I have one I will give you, we should have water in the new pool within a week..http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1646DSC01246.JPG
hey that house looks familier whats going on mark

MsDrmr
04-14-2005, 06:42 AM
We had one last year that was great for while, but I have to agree, they don't clean well, it's hard to keep the alge out of them even with the proper chemicles used. and they are hard to put up evenly. I had a family of five at the time and we could all sit and enjoy the cool water but I would not invest in another one...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey Mrs. Topock Junkie!!!!!!! Welcome to the boards finally!!! :rollside:
Ok, I say get it and we can just get a bigger pump right?? I know an electrician. :notam:
How fun would that pool be!!! We had a blast with the kiddie pool last summer, just think how much fun this one would be!!
Do you still have the floating beer holders?? :D
xoxox
Mrs. Bordsmnj

Mrs. Topock Junkie
04-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Wow - thanks so much for all of the replies -- you answered all of my questions!
Hey Linda -- I know -- it would be just too much fun. The dogs ate all of our flamingo beer floaties. I think we might have traumatized them with our jacuzzi incident. Ill definately need to find a new palm tree and more beer floaties. Im kind of starting to like this ***boat thing --

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Wait, did I figure this out right, the pool is going where the fire pit down below is??? We should build a slide from the back porch to the pool!!! :rollside:

Topock Junkie
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
This whole white trash pool thing seems like more trouble than its worth. I know for a fact. (Linda) You two will have the thing full of soap and anything else you can get your hands on. Then you guys will get all trashed and flood my nieghbors house. Trying to get out... Then I'll be the stuck cleaning it up!
Soap in the jucuzzi is starting to sound good to me now. It will be less work than this pool thing. Thats for sure.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey Karen, you read it here, Kevin just gave us the green light to more bubbles in the jacuzzi!!! :)
And Kevin, its not the girls who brake stuff, its you boys. :yuk:
Besides, its Karen birthday wish to have the pool and I think you should make all her wishes come true :wink:

Topock Junkie
04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Besides catching the front of the house on fire. What else have I broken or demolished...