PDA

View Full Version : >>>>>> "A BIG THANX TO JOHN WEST@ULTRA!"

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanx for hosting me for a good portion of your day yesterday!! The only downside is actually seeing your 28' in person now has made it all the more difficult in the decision process!! Additionally the wifey was very impressed with the dvd and marketing package!! :wink:
If anyone has not checked out the 'ULTRA' boat lineup and has considered one of their boats, i fully encourage you to do so! Im not sure if John does meet with potential customers on a regular basis as he has sales people, but i would thoroughly reccomend meeting him in person!! He is exactly what everyone has said!! not pushy, classy, and very informative!!! I was very impressed!!
Again thanx JOHN, now the hair pulling begins!!!! :cool:

INSman
04-14-2005, 09:50 AM
The wifey was impressed with his package ?? :jawdrop: :idea: :D
All kidding aside, I too have heard nothing but great things about John and I wish him and his company all the success in the world. Too bad not every builder runs their operation like this, but I guess if they did, the decision making process would be even more difficult !! :messedup:

RiverToysJas
04-14-2005, 09:50 AM
So you have a clue now.
I remember another Ultra thread where this was your reply...
Shoulda....SHOCKWAVE!;)
;)
RTJas :D

GrapeApe
04-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I just Threaten, and Intimidate him, and he does whatever I want... ;) :D It's Steve who you have to watch out for... :D
All in All.. They have been great to work with.. They bend over backwards for you... I cant compare them to another Boat Builder, since all we have owned is 2 Ultras.... And I see myself going back for a 3rd sometime..
*** Grape Ape ***

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanx for hosting me for a good portion of your day yesterday!! The only downside is actually seeing your 28' in person now has made it all the more difficult in the decision process!! Additionally the wifey was very impressed with the dvd and marketing package!! :wink:
If anyone has not checked out the 'ULTRA' boat lineup and has considered one of their boats, i fully encourage you to do so! Im not sure if John does meet with potential customers on a regular basis as he has sales people, but i would thoroughly reccomend meeting him in person!! He is exactly what everyone has said!! not pushy, classy, and very informative!!! I was very impressed!!
all that and you still wont buy it WTF :D
what time are we leaving tomorrow :rollside:

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
So you have a clue now.
I remember another Ultra thread where this was your reply...
;)
RTJas :D
i still say the same, nothing bad only good to say about SHOCKWAVE!!! Of the many manufacturers we have looked long and hard at these two stand above the rest to me!!!
:cool: ;)

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
all that and you still wont buy it WTF :D
what time are we leaving tomorrow :rollside:
ill hit ya up later!! just take care of your buis for fri night!!! get it arranged and done!!!
:cool:

slink
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
i still say the same, nothing bad only good to say about SHOCKWAVE!!! Of the many manufacturers we have looked long and hard at these two stand above the rest to me!!!
:cool: ;)
Dude, your easier to read than "Cat in the Hat" :) Just give BD the word so you can have it before the last Dam Run this year. Get'r done

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Dude, your easier to read than "Cat in the Hat" :) Just give BD the word so you can have it before the last Dam Run this year. Get'r done
you just dont give up do ya!!?? :confused: :D WEll there is a lot more going on than you know...still waiting on some things!!!! oh and dont buy a lotto tickt if you think you know what numbers are gonna pop up!!! cuz i can tell ya you dont!! :idea: :wink:

slink
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Dude, If I did play the lotto, I can't win.....my last name don't end in "ez" and I have a SSI number :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-14-2005, 10:08 AM
ill hit ya up later!! just take care of your buis for fri night!!! get it arranged and done!!!
yeah I called last night and left a message :idea: we will see :confused:

slink
04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
LOL....Tell him Frenchie. He is a Laker lover...wait a minute you are also :(
Oh ya...F the next to last place Lakers....lol
Hey.....aren't you supposed to be "towing" a M/C to a M/C rally? WTF. BTW were all "SW positive blood type".......Blood in / Blood out brothers

GHTRIM
04-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Frenchie, Just commit to the 28' Ultra and have two boat payments :D . I'm sure you will be able to lease your boat to SYA.... Or maybe you and SYA can drive MsGHTRIM and I around the lake???? :idea: :D

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Frenchie, Just commit to the 28' Ultra and have two boat payments :D . I'm sure you will be able to lease your boat to SYA.... Or maybe you and SYA can drive MsGHTRIM and I around the lake???? :idea: :D
delete this post...if he sees it ...ive lost my skipper!!!
:p ;)

RiverOtter
04-14-2005, 10:19 AM
That's great and all but did you give him a check? :D

slink
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Valid point...My excuse is that I have to pick up my buddies wife at the airport (Ontario) and give her a ride out there.
If Frenchie leaves the SW family are we going to put out a hit on him? :)
or at least pull his plug :rolleyes:

BarryMac
04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
John West is a great guy, you would think that someone that has as much success as John would be a total jerk to deal with, John is the exact opposite, he as down to earth as the next guy...

RiverDave
04-14-2005, 11:24 AM
After having an opportunity to work with John behind the scenes on somethings, I have nothing but good things to say about the guy. I'd definately buy a boat off of him given the opportunity.
RD

shadow
04-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Frenchie, Just my 02 here.
I'm on my second Ultra since 98.I've had my Shadow for 3yrs now and was just thinking the other day that i have not had one issue that would require me to return to Ultra for any warranty repair with any of thier workmanship in gel coat,rigging,upholstery,etc.Very solid.Couple small issues with merc end of it but they were handled promtly with no hastles.Nothing to do with the quality on Ultras end.I'm sure when the time arises i will be back to shop at Ultra for my next boat.Hopefully by then they will have a 30fter with twins.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
I met John at the boatshow in January and thought he was a nice guy. Made me want an Ultra when before I had never really checked them out. And since it looks like our boat will be sold this weekend, maybe Jason will buy me the Ultra I want. :rollside:

Captain Dan
04-14-2005, 11:35 AM
I met John at the boatshow in January and thought he was a nice guy. Made me want an Ultra when before I had never really checked them out. And since it looks like our boat will be sold this weekend, maybe Jason will buy me the Ultra I want. :rollside:
And which Ultra do you want?

Kilrtoy
04-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Sounds too me it needs to be the other way around....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
mmmmmmm I sure will drive her I mean you too around the lake ;) :D

ULTRA28
04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Leon, thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to meet with you. I appreciate you taking a look at Ultra. Please fell free to contact me if you have any other questions.

GHTRIM
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
mmmmmmm I sure will drive her I mean you too around the lake ;) :D
The wife said not to tease her like that.... She knows your loyal to Frenchie and shes seen the pics to prove it... :wink: :)

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Leon, thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to meet with you. I appreciate you taking a look at Ultra. Please fell free to contact me if you have any other questions.
thanx JOHN!

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
The wife said not to tease her like that.... She knows your loyal to Frenchie and shes seen the pics to prove it... :wink: :)
....uh oh!!!
:jawdrop: :hammer2: :hammer2: :D

Blacksheep
04-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Frenchie,
I could not agree with you more!!! Unfortunately I have not had the chance to meet with John in person, but have spoke several times on the phone, I recently purchased a 28' Shadow with the V-10 package! John and his crew have made this process very painless!!! John is great. He bends over backwards for his clients. That is not something you see very much of in this day and age. It is a pleasure to do business with him. I've offered to be a marketing tool here in the midwest if he needs it. I would be glad to show my new cat!!! I take delivery in about 2 weeks...I can't wait!!!
Hey John...Thanks for all the help and information you provided. I appreciate you working with me on the few tweeks we made on the boat before you ship it to me. You truely made this a great experience. I hope you enjoy many more years of success!!!
-Jeff

purrfecttremor
04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
my last boat was an ultra and current one is a shockwave.both quality boats both great customer servic ;) e but one dealer is closer to home.

FRENCHIE
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Frenchie,
I could not agree with you more!!! Unfortunately I have not had the chance to meet with John in person, but have spoke several times on the phone, I recently purchased a 28' Shadow with the V-10 package! John and his crew have made this process very painless!!! John is great. He bends over backwards for his clients. That is not something you see very much of in this day and age. It is a pleasure to do business with him. I've offered to be a marketing tool here in the midwest if he needs it. I would be glad to show my new cat!!! I take delivery in about 2 weeks...I can't wait!!!
Hey John...Thanks for all the help and information you provided. I appreciate you working with me on the few tweeks we made on the boat before you ship it to me. You truely made this a great experience. I hope you enjoy many more years of success!!!
-Jeff
Thanx for the 411....sincerely!!! :cool:
Ultra was the original boat we liked and were going to purchase alst year...the 247 with mid cabin!! i was very close and having met john then i would have def bought it!! however i was not so fortunate, and not sold by the salesman we met!!!
THis time in wanting to go bigger, meeting with john has made this very difficult! First my loyalty and happiness with Shockwave and their product, and second My relationship with Barry and thorough respect for him as a person and salesman!! :notam:
John is just like Barry, and his product is exceelent and very appealing!!!
This is going to almost 90% come down to 1.what the deals being put together for me look like on paper, and 2.if they fall into what i have researched and feel i should pay! Perhaps moreso at SHOCKWAVE... as i would be a repeat customer!! This is just honest bottom line from me!! In the end im sure we will be happy with our decision, and finally at peace!!!...thanx Leon ;)

RUCAV
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
The people at Ultra are top notch. I love my boat, just thinking a deck boat might be more functional based on the number of people I tote along on my current boat. I sure hope someone talks John into building a 28' deck. It would be a done deal.

voodoomedman
04-14-2005, 07:36 PM
John is a class act. When he saw on here that we had our first baby boy he sent out an Ultra onsie and bib. Then when we took our son out on our boat for the first time at two weeks we saw John in the channel and he stopped to talk with us and see our son and make sure the boat was running fine. He had his parents on a bitchin 27 Shadow he had out there for ***boat (yes they have a magazine) and his parents were just as nice as he is. And to top it all off he makes a bad a$$ boat.

Ultrafied
04-14-2005, 08:41 PM
It was incredible for us with the Ultra experience. When we went down to "look" after discussing issues and price with John/Steve via email and phone calls, we decided to buy that day, a little impromptu (thanks Steve). Well, one call to John, on his Saturday afternoon off at home, and he was down at the shop, talking, advising and drawing.
I love my boat but I have told this to John personally, a lot of our decision was how they made my wife and I feel before and during the process. One thing I know I can't count on is that John is a stand up guy and that our Ultra is a helluva boat ..... :umm:

Ultracrazy
04-15-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm on my 2nd Ultra......loved them both. John and Steve make you feel like family. Plus......the wife let me get a bigger only if it was an Ultra :rollside:

FRENCHIE
04-15-2005, 07:13 AM
It was incredible for us with the Ultra experience. When we went down to "look" after discussing issues and price with John/Steve via email and phone calls, we decided to buy that day, a little impromptu (thanks Steve). Well, one call to John, on his Saturday afternoon off at home, and he was down at the shop, talking, advising and drawing.
I love my boat but I have told this to John personally, a lot of our decision was how they made my wife and I feel before and during the process. One thing I know I can't count on is that John is a stand up guy and that our Ultra is a helluva boat ..... :umm:
no doubt!!!
:wink: :cool:

RiverDave
04-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanx for the 411....sincerely!!! :cool:
Ultra was the original boat we liked and were going to purchase alst year...the 247 with mid cabin!! i was very close and having met john then i would have def bought it!! however i was not so fortunate, and not sold by the salesman we met!!!
THis time in wanting to go bigger, meeting with john has made this very difficult! First my loyalty and happiness with Shockwave and their product, and second My relationship with Barry and thorough respect for him as a person and salesman!! :notam:
John is just like Barry, and his product is exceelent and very appealing!!!
This is going to almost 90% come down to 1.what the deals being put together for me look like on paper, and 2.if they fall into what i have researched and feel i should pay! Perhaps moreso at SHOCKWAVE... as i would be a repeat customer!! This is just honest bottom line from me!! In the end im sure we will be happy with our decision, and finally at peace!!!...thanx Leon ;)
Well then....
RD

Sportin' Wood
12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Bump for John