PDA

View Full Version : Pool salt water systems for sale.

Bling Bling
04-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I over ordered by 25 units. Either Goldline, or Jandy, make you a great deal. PM me or let me know on this thread. I'm out in the feild for the rest of the day.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I asked you a year ago for this and I find out about 25 on-line!
Now your ass is putting it in free! :boxingguy

PlyaPlya22
04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Just be gald your name isn't friend of Bling Bling! :D

NorCal Gameshow
04-15-2005, 01:23 PM
i'm interested...what's the life span on those units ?
i'd like to know about the operating costs ...

al cole'holic
04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I over ordered by 25 units. Either Goldline, or Jandy, make you a great deal. PM me or let me know on this thread. I'm out in the feild for the rest of the day.
...this is your line of work Bling?? What do you think of propane pool heaters?

ROZ
04-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Cheaper than Superior?

ROZ
04-15-2005, 01:37 PM
...this is your line of work Bling?? What do you think of propane pool heaters?
Perfect if it's for a vacation rental.... Renter fills up the tank before he leaves :D
It's MUCH cheaper than Eletric, too... Know a guy up in Ramona who had a 1200.00 energy bill for heating his pool :jawdrop:
NAtural gas.....

al cole'holic
04-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Perfect if it's for a vacation rental.... Renter fills up the tank before he leaves :D
It's MUCH cheaper than Eletric, too... Know a guy up in Ramona who had a 1200.00 energy bill for heating his pool :jawdrop:
NAtural gas.....
..I wouldn't consider electric, but I was thinking about propane. I have a CoverPro system on the pool that kicks ass in the summer months, but just thinking about the end months the shiat is cold. Of course gas is what I should do but when I did the 2000sq' of stamped concrete in the back I didn't leave the provisions for nat.gas then, and I don't want to tear shist up now to do it. Thought about looking into solar but I think I would tear up the yard for gas before going solar...

ROZ
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
..I wouldn't consider electric, but I was thinking about propane. I have a CoverPro system on the pool that kicks ass in the summer months, but just thinking about the end months the shiat is cold. Of course gas is what I should do but when I did the 2000sq' of stamped concrete in the back I didn't leave the provisions for nat.gas then, and I don't want to tear shist up now to do it. Thought about looking into solar but I think I would tear up the yard for gas before going solar...
If you have a spa, the line from your Solar is suppose to go inline with your heater's inlet...
Solar is a huge benefit. I didn't install solar on the pool just yet, but a friend of mine who has solar on his pool has been swimming in his pool since the rain went away.... 85 degree water at the end of March. Gotta love that....
I have sandy beach pebbletec that is now in full sun all day... Water temp last night was 73 degrees.... Not bad.......We swam in our pool until mid October... We had 42 degree night, and the pool was 60 degrees the next day...

al cole'holic
04-15-2005, 02:32 PM
If you have a spa, the line from your Solar is suppose to go inline with your heater's inlet...
Solar is a huge benefit. I didn't install solar on the pool just yet, but a friend of mine who has solar on his pool has been swimming in his pool since the rain went away.... 85 degree water at the end of March. Gotta love that....
I have sandy beach pebbletec that is now in full sun all day... Water temp last night was 73 degrees.... Not bad.......We swam in our pool until mid October... We had 42 degree night, and the pool was 60 degrees the next day...
..so what's keeping you so warm?? :confused:

ROZ
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
The sun warms up darker color water much quicker...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/326DSC02117-med.JPG

Tom Brown
04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
... so start pumping well fortified multi-vitamins into the kids.

Boozer
04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
So what's the advantage of having a salt water pool opposed to a traditional fresh water pool?

al cole'holic
04-15-2005, 03:07 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/326DSC02117-med.JPG
...that, and I see the spa which looks like it flows into the pool :D

ChumpChange
04-15-2005, 03:08 PM
You can open your eyes under water and they won't burn. It's really cool

ROZ
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
... so start pumping well fortified multi-vitamins into the kids.
Kid gets mega vitamin 2x a day, good meals 3x a day, and the whole family drinks psyllium shakes 4x per week!

Tom Brown
04-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Kid gets mega vitamin 2x a day, good meals 3x a day, and the whole family drinks psyllium shakes 4x per week!
On golden pond. :cool:

al cole'holic
04-15-2005, 03:13 PM
...it cracks me up when people with salt water pool systems think their water is suppose to taste like a salt lick and that the layer of Bonneville on everything is normal :confused:

ROZ
04-15-2005, 03:18 PM
...that, and I see the spa which looks like it flows into the pool :D
It does, but not when we use it... When we use the spa, the valves run spa only. When we're done, the spa cycles water with the heater off and then shuts off. Next day, the water cools overnight, the pool valves run both pool and spa...

ROZ
04-15-2005, 03:19 PM
On golden pond. :cool:
It's a beautiful thing...

ROZ
04-15-2005, 03:29 PM
So what's the advantage of having a salt water pool opposed to a traditional fresh water pool?
It's really not a saltwater pool. They're chlorine generators that strip the cl from nacl.... It's still sanitized by chlorine. Basically have an ultramineature chlorine mfg station in your backyard...

ROZ
04-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Jandy (http://www.jandy.com/html/products/chlorinegenerators/) salt system...more info on this salt dealo please :cool:

Bling Bling
04-15-2005, 06:24 PM
It's really not a saltwater pool. They're chlorine generators that strip the cl from nacl.... It's still sanitized by chlorine. Basically have an ultramineature chlorine mfg station in your backyard...
Thanks Roz you beat me to it. This is my line of work, I have a large pool service and repair business as well as building and remodeling on specific projects. I'm going into my 20th year and have found salt pools, or chlorine generated pools to be quite efective.I started installing them about 3 years ago. Chemical automation is key in our business, and over the years we've tried many things, and to this time I find bang for your buck, salt's the way to go. The other way we do chemical automation, runs some where in the lines of about 10 grand. And sometimes with that price I find it a bit eaiser to sell the salt way :D . Alot of people think it's a sinch for pool water chemistry, belive me it aint. Roz you in this line of work? You sound very educated in pools. BTW, your pool looks great and his pool-spa set up is the only way to go, as well as pebble tec-pebble sheen. If i have a client that wants regular plaster, I usally pass on the job, that's how much I like pebble. Excuse my spelling, I do way better in the field. :D

Bling Bling
04-15-2005, 06:28 PM
I asked you a year ago for this and I find out about 25 on-line!
Now your ass is putting it in free! :boxingguy
Tight wad, I'm not driving 1.5 hours to do your system for free, no matter how good you take the protien shake from the dangling diner. :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks Roz you beat me to it. This is my line of work, I have a large pool service and repair business as well as building and remodeling on specific projects. I'm going into my 20th year and have found salt pools, or chlorine generated pools to be quite efective.I started installing them about 3 years ago. Chemical automation is key in our business, and over the years we've tried many things, and to this time I find bang for your buck, salt's the way to go. The other way we do chemical automation, runs some where in the lines of about 10 grand. And sometimes with that price I find it a bit eaiser to sell the salt way :D . Alot of people think it's a sinch for pool water chemistry, belive me it aint. Roz you in this line of work? You sound very educated in pools. BTW, your pool looks great and his pool-spa set up is the only way to go, as well as pebble tec-pebble sheen. If i have a client that wants regular plaster, I usally pass on the job, that's how much I like pebble. Excuse my spelling, I do way better in the field. :D
So basically you can tell her a Bling Bling pool systems taste less salty. ;)
Kinda like a low carb blow job! :idea:
HDD :cool:

NorCal Gameshow
04-15-2005, 07:38 PM
bling, is this for installs only or are you willing to ship?

riverracerx
04-15-2005, 08:22 PM
i have salt water. you never put chlorine in the pool, which builds up and is not very good for you or your pool.
it is the same salinity as your eyes, so it doesn't hurt your eyes under water. it also doesn't make you itch, and is better on your skin.

clownpuncher
04-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm getting ready to build a pool in a couple weeks. I'll have to look into it. Tell me the difference between the two? Price? PM if you want.

missboatnam1
04-15-2005, 09:09 PM
yeaa!!!! thats what we want!! we need a pool in our new home!! can you hook us up bling? :rollside: :rollside:

Bling Bling
04-15-2005, 11:06 PM
bling, is this for installs only or are you willing to ship?
Only can ship, unless you live semi close to me in SB. I can have it as well as the salt to your front door.

Bling Bling
04-15-2005, 11:08 PM
yeaa!!!! thats what we want!! we need a pool in our new home!! can you hook us up bling? :rollside: :rollside:
If ya lived closer well hell yeah!!!! :D

Phat Matt
04-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Why don't you get a white van with no windows and sell them in parking lots. It works for those guys selling speakers. Plus the over ordered story is the same. ;)
:D

missboatnam1
04-15-2005, 11:58 PM
If ya lived closer well hell yeah!!!! :D
well, you can stop by on the way to havasu silly ;) ;)

ROZ
04-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Roz you in this line of work? You sound very educated in pools. BTW, your pool looks great and his pool-spa set up is the only way to go, as well as pebble tec-pebble sheen.
Yup! I had a small service many years ago, then left to make money in a/v, or so I thought. For years I've done commercial service and repair on the side for a family friend, and I'm getting back into the business fulltime as we speak...
Thanks for the kudos on the pool. I designed, layed out, contracted, and painfully labored in every process except the pebble surface... I'd do it again, too! ;) :D

Bling Bling
04-16-2005, 07:20 AM
well, you can stop by on the way to havasu silly ;) ;)
Well I didn't think about it that way! Geez dah on my part. :D

25Elmn8r
04-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Bling, you have a PM.

shueman
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I've got to completely re-do my 20yr old pool this fall. Really leaning towards the salt system and darker/pebble tech vs. std plaster. It's terraced, and the tile has started falling off, so might go with texture/mural panels on the high-walls.
Anybody out there wanna give me an estimate...?

KineticoH20
04-16-2005, 01:41 PM
..so what's keeping you so warm?? :confused:
If anyone is intersted i sell solar pool systems,and they rock!, anyone interested can take a look at mine, im in chino hills.

WetWillie
05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
, and I'm getting back into the business fulltime as we speak...
Thanks for the kudos on the pool. I designed, layed out, contracted, and painfully labored in every process except the pebble surface... I'd do it again, too! ;) :D
Toby and I have tofor deal for you??? Whats the scoop? :idea:

25Elmn8r
05-31-2005, 09:21 AM
Bling, do you still have systems? I am seriously interested! Sent you a PM last month and got no response.

HOSS
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
From my understanding, the salt water system is basically an electron plate that converts salt to chlorine or vice versa. Am I correct on this and from what I`ve seen its about 450 installed.

UltraStealth
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I am looking to do a pool, hardscape and landscape. Anyone come out to Santa Clarita or have any recommendations there?

Tom Brown
05-31-2005, 09:33 AM
I'll bet your pool is plenty salty, HOSS.

HOSS
05-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Nah, I urinate in the cactus garden. They can handle it.

godfather
05-31-2005, 09:48 AM
i pee in the pool its salty

HOSS
05-31-2005, 09:51 AM
NO you don`t! You blow dirt while riding the RXP! How that was some funny shiat! Red clay.

wildbillg
05-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Id like more information on this too.
What is the cost of the system?

25Elmn8r
05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
TTT! Bling, anybody home? :frown:

alfonzo
05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Tight wad, I'm not driving 1.5 hours to do your system for free, no matter how good you take the protien shake from the dangling diner. :D :DFOAATA, does Ann marie know about your little escapades??

WetWillie
05-31-2005, 07:44 PM
tell him to get online and sell some systems!!

ZZ-Man
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
I purchased the salt water system 5 years ago and it is the best thing I did when I purchased it. My kid and friends go all day swimming and thier eyes don't burn, swimming trunks do not stink or fade. plus if you watch your gauge of salt you only have to check your muratic acid level of the pool. I and every six months clean the filter ( inthe summer I double check it. It is a great investment.

alfonzo
05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Bling, do you still have systems? I am seriously interested! Sent you a PM last month and got no response.I'm on the phone with him right now, he's very sorry for not getting back to you. Yes he still has them. PM him again, he will get back asap!!!! hes on the road,won't be home for a while.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Bling, I don't know who you are anymore!! Where the hell is mine?

Blingette
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Bling, I don't know who you are anymore!! Where the hell is mine?
I heard you can't aford one after the Elimanator purchase. :D Anyone intrested, or you need info call me. 805-896-6886. I have 4 of each left. You choose. I will send you everything you need.

ROZ
06-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Anyone intrested, or you need info call me..... I have 4 of each left. You choose. I will send you everything you need.
You must wear the pants in the family :D

Partycattin
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Been thinking about a salt system. We just put the pool in last summer. Went with Pebble sheen on the beach entry and pebble tech in the rest of the pool.
Wish I would have done Pebble sheen in the whole pool or even checked into the 3M finish. My buddy put that in his pool and it is very smooth.
Now I just have to finish my slide/waterfall/pond. It's a neverending project.

alfonzo
06-01-2005, 06:35 PM
You must wear the pants in the family :Doohhh, that stings!!

Three Days Only
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
oohhh, that stings!!
and it sounds like the truth!!!

jackpunx
06-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Tight wad, I'm not driving 1.5 hours to do your system for free, no matter how good you take the protien shake from the dangling diner. :D :D
How about you drive 1.5 hrs to do 2 systems for free.. and hit yourself in the face a few times on the way down to get rid of some of those sharp teeth :D

ROZ
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I've got the saltwater system in my pool at home in San Diego and love it. I need to get one for Havasu. Is it easy to add to an existing system.
Yes, John, the salt system is an easy addition to your current pump/filtration system...

riverracerx
06-02-2005, 09:43 AM
The salt system is the best. I have one in my tiny boring pool!
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-15355-pool4.jpg
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-15375-pool1.jpg

phebus
06-02-2005, 09:45 AM
The salt system is the best. I have one in my tiny boring pool!
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-15355-pool4.jpg
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-15375-pool1.jpg
That's not a pool, that's an oasis!! Beautifull, you just relaxed me looking at it. :D

riverracerx
06-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks! There were no launch lines there on Memorial weekend!

WetWillie
02-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Can I get one of these??

Sigus
02-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Shoot a PM on price.

Riverkid
02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Ours died after about 16 months. It got corroded inside and starting doing all kinds of wacky stuff (turning everything on/off all by itself)...
I need to replace ours. It's installed in the pool tile line within the spa, but when the spa is not in use the water level is right at the center of the bottom control bottom (pump running, spa overflow)... Can't raise it up due to quartz coping.
A) Can you quote me on a replacement, and
B) Is the new one going to last any longer than the original?
Thanks. :)