PDA

View Full Version : ***california Veh. Code Help***

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I need help in finding a link for the following as I just received a ticket and think that I am legal: 10.04.040 PMC I did a search on google and it showed for the state of Washington as a DUI. My ticket was written in California for a Commercial vehicle over 10,000lbs in residence zone. Can someone find me the code on this as I am not having much luck...
Thanks KELLY

YeLLowBoaT
12-28-2005, 07:09 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.html/veh_table_of_contents.html

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 07:11 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.html/veh_table_of_contents.html
Went there but how would I decifer this. 10.-as the division?/04. as the chapter?/ 040 as the article??? If so this is not right... Thanks for any help..

Southwest47
12-28-2005, 07:13 PM
I need help in finding a link for the following as I just received a ticket and think that I am legal: 10.04.040 PMC I did a search on google and it showed for the state of Washington as a DUI. My ticket was written in California for a Commercial vehicle over 10,000lbs in residence zone. Can someone find me the code on this as I am not having much luck...
Thanks KELLY
10.04.040 is not a California Vehicle Code. It looks like you were cited for a city municipal code. PMC probably stands for Palmdale Municipal Code. Try going to the City of Palmdale website, cities often have links to their municipal codes.

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 07:20 PM
10.04.040 is not a California Vehicle Code. It looks like you were cited for a city municipal code. PMC probably stands for Palmdale Municipal Code. Try going to the City of Palmdale website, cities often have links to their municipal codes.
OK that makes sense than. She (the biitch parking lady) told me to go to the Ca. Veh. Code. to look it up. I'll see what I can find searching on there site. Thanks for the help... KELLY

Southwest47
12-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Here you go...I was bored :)
http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/departments/public_safety/RES_96-84_PARK_PENALTY.pdf
Looks like it's gona cost you about $255!!

Kilrtoy
12-28-2005, 07:52 PM
What did you have parked on the city street and that is not a CVC section
but a muni code

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Here you go...I was bored :)
http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/departments/public_safety/RES_96-84_PARK_PENALTY.pdf
Looks like it's gona cost you about $255!!
Thanks that is what I was looking for. I am trying to find out if it is 10,000#s for the weight of the veh. or the gross weight. The biitch told me that is was the gvwr which is 26000#s. If it is just the vehicle weight then I should be under 10,000#s and should be able to fight this and keep the vehicle parked at my house.
As for the $255 that is just a quarter of the fees I got today. The biitch was on a rampage and wrote me up for everything. Including having my trailer unhooked infront of my house to load the quads in the truck, no plates/reg on the brand new truck, unable to see the plates/reg on the trailer and so on.
Thanks for the help, this will work great when I go in there tommorow to talk to them.
KELLY

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
What did you have parked on the city street and that is not a CVC section
but a muni code
I just picked up my F-650 and the neighbors were not very happy. I think I am legal but will be going to the scales tomorrow to double check. If not I got a bitchen F-650 for sale.....

Kilrtoy
12-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I just picked up my F-650 and the neighbors were not very happy. I think I am legal but will be going to the scales tomorrow to double check. If not I got a bitchen F-650 for sale.....
Look on your registration.. That will give you the UNLADEN weight. That will answer all of your questions....and you will know right now

Southwest47
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Call 911 and report a shooting...That ought to get them there quick. Just let them know when they arrive you have a coupls of questions. Don' tell them that when you call though. A quick hang up should do the trick :)
LMAO...There might be a shooting after the cop realizes why you called him. :mad:

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Look on your registration.. That will give you the UNLADEN weight. That will answer all of your questions....and you will know right now
The vehicle has not been registered yet. They are stating that I need to go to the scales to get the weight once it is complete. Since they sold it to me with no bed, I need to put some kind of bed/service bed/box cube etc. then get a weight and some DMV paperwork so that they can process the registration. Until then it is not registered...per Ford. I know I screwed up with it in the street unregistered and am fine with paying that fine but I am sure that I am under the weight of 10,000.

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Call 911 and report a shooting...That ought to get them there quick. Just let them know when they arrive you have a coupls of questions. Don' tell them that when you call though. A quick hang up should do the trick :)
Damn, sounds like you have been drinking more than me....

HighRoller
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM
So you never stated if it is a commercial vehicle or not. If it doesn't have a DOT# or a commercial plate, it's the same as a motorhome.

ACCEPTENCE
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly...
What the hell are you doin???
Can't you just play nice like all the other neighborhood kids???
How you been bro? Hope all is well :D
Lets hook up!!! It's 700R time!!!

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
So you never stated if it is a commercial vehicle or not. If it doesn't have a DOT# or a commercial plate, it's the same as a motorhome.
I told them that I did not want it to list as a comm. veh. so they listed my gvwr as 26000#s and said it would list as a normal truck. But my F-250 shows on the registration as a commercial???? It does will not have commercial plates per Ford. I am new to this vehicle and these weights so this whole thing is a learning exp.

Kilrtoy
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
BULLSHIT, fight that all day long. It as the vehicle sits...
Example, that is like arresting a sober guy walking into a bar and saying, I know you will be drunk later...
They cant do that , with no bed, I know its not at 10K...
What is your bill of sale or cert state, that has to have a weight, per federal law...

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly...
What the hell are you doin???
Can't you just play nice like all the other neighborhood kids???
How you been bro? Hope all is well :D
Lets hook up!!! It's 700R time!!!
Its kind of hard when you move back to the neighborhood that you grew up in and still have the same neighbors, and lets just put it this way- I was a neighborhood punk to this prick neighbor.
Other than that everything is good. I'll be out by your place more often as I just got a place with my pops in Willow Valley. I up for riding anytime, but you can stick with the quad as I finally realized that those are for the girls :) and got a CRF450R. I'll be heading out your way the first of Feb. to work on the boat and start installing the blower so I'll give you a call and swing by your place. Hope everything is going good with you cheif...
KELLY

YeLLowBoaT
12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
CA if you want to use your truck as a "truck" it must be reg comm.... Now if you have a enclosed shell you don't have to. you can choose to have a reg lic on the truck, but if you carry ANYTHING( unless with shell ) in the bed your going to be hating life. So basicly you have a 1 row seating, gas drinking, 6-8ft of wasted space, hard to park, heavy car....

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 09:11 PM
BULLSHIT, fight that all day long. It as the vehicle sits...
Example, that is like arresting a sober guy walking into a bar and saying, I know you will be drunk later...
They cant do that , with no bed, I know its not at 10K...
What is your bill of sale or cert state, that has to have a weight, per federal law...
That is what I want to hear.
I did call a scale house and they said to bring it in the way that it sits and they will give me a certified weight to send to dmv, with or without a bed they do not care. On my contract and all the other misc. paperwork on the truck there is no weight. They (Ford) gave me a one day permit to drive the truck home and just told me to get the weight and once I had that done they would do all the registration then.
Is this not right??? This place has been great to deal with and everything has been so easy with them, I do not feel they would do anything wrong.
KELLY

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
CA if you want to use your truck as a "truck" it must be reg comm.... Now if you have a enclosed shell you don't have to. you can choose to have a reg lic on the truck, but if you carry ANYTHING( unless with shell ) in the bed your going to be hating life. So basicly you have a 1 row seating, gas drinking, 6-8ft of wasted space, hard to park, heavy car....
I was told anything over 6400ish would become commercial, but could be wrong. I did not thing I had to worry about much unless my GVWR was over 26000#s but could be wrong..

79 HUSTLER
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
How can you be hating on this ride, even painted to match the boat, HATERS
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/555CID_12-24-05_0942.jpg

WUTWZAT
12-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Thats a beautiful truck.... Looks as though it may glow in the dark, maybe thats why the neighbors are hating on you. Good looking truck.
Jason

Chubby4Life
12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Sweeet!

JetBoatRich
12-29-2005, 04:34 AM
Very Nice new truck :cool: Congratulations :cool:
To bad about your neighbors :mad: I have one a couple doors down from me, they hate our RV out front. They have called the sherriff a few times regarding this, I was not in violation!
Good Luck :cool:

79 HUSTLER
12-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Very Nice new truck :cool: Congratulations :cool:
To bad about your neighbors :mad: I have one a couple doors down from me, they hate our RV out front. They have called the sherriff a few times regarding this, I was not in violation!
Good Luck :cool:
Every single time that I have my trailer infront of the house hooked up the parking enforcement is there that same day. The worst part is my other house is in the same housing track on a different street and I can leave my boat or trailer unhooked infront of the house for months and everyone is so cool about it.

79 HUSTLER
12-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Thats a beautiful truck.... Looks as though it may glow in the dark, maybe thats why the neighbors are hating on you. Good looking truck.
Jason
Thanks, and yeah its a lil bright....

Danhercules
12-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Not quite. My buddy has a F550, and he was not able to get Handicap tags cause the unladen weight was too hight, He went to the scales and it came in lower. Now he can get his tags. If your close, go weigh it.

Danhercules
12-29-2005, 08:07 AM
The vehicle has not been registered yet. They are stating that I need to go to the scales to get the weight once it is complete. Since they sold it to me with no bed, I need to put some kind of bed/service bed/box cube etc. then get a weight and some DMV paperwork so that they can process the registration. Until then it is not registered...per Ford. I know I screwed up with it in the street unregistered and am fine with paying that fine but I am sure that I am under the weight of 10,000.
Weigh it first. Then put the bed on.

JetBoatRich
12-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Every single time that I have my trailer infront of the house hooked up the parking enforcement is there that same day. The worst part is my other house is in the same housing track on a different street and I can leave my boat or trailer unhooked infront of the house for months and everyone is so cool about it.
The neighbor that complained has a son that likes to speed into his driveway, I live in a cudlesack and they are at the end(two doors down), when the kids are playing out front I will put cones in the street to get HIM to slow down, which I have told him before. He is deaf and a dipshit. Each time the sherriff has come I explain the situation and they say no problem, put the cones out and be safe. I usally only use the cones when the RV is out front to increase visibility and safety, since kids can be hiden behind the RV.
This same guy hit and killed one of my dogs while speeding down the street (which again is a deadend), of course the dog should not have been in the street, but my daughter was playing with him and he got startled and ran home. From across the street

Mike67rs
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
The weight referred to in most municipal codes is the vehicle GVWR. Confirm it with your municipal code. If your vehicle does not meet the criteria of a "commercial vehicle" as defined below, you should be o.k.
" Commercial motor vehicle, when applied to stopping/standing/parking, means a vehicle of a type required to be registered under the State Vehicle Code, and used or maintained for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation or profit, or designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of property. Passenger vehicles which are not used for the transportation of persons for hire, compensation or profit are not commercial vehicles."