PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Havasu tomorrow(Sun 4/17)

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 11:51 AM
It's official. Darrin came through and I am trading my Ultra in for the 28 Magic Deck. Every option they offer, plus a few, with the Ilmor 625 for power. I should be there by Tuesday and stay till Wed. If anyone is out there let me know. I cant bring the laptop so either contact Darrin or my cell 615-714-8100. Thanks to all the Magic owners on the boards here for their insite it was very helpfull!! If any of you guys are there, food and drinks on me...wherever we end up. Now for the 30 hour drive...... :cry:

rvrtoy
04-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Congrats on the new deckboat. Magic makes one of the best. :cool:

ULTRA28
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll be out there from Monday to Thursday. I'll get a hold of you.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll be out there from Monday to Thursday. I'll get a hold of you.
Thanks for your help too! Bob with Ilmor....wealth of information!

ULTRA28
04-16-2005, 12:51 PM
I knew talking to him would seal the deal on the Ilmore package.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 01:44 PM
I knew talking to him would seal the deal on the Ilmore package.
Can I get a "HELL YES!!" When he answered I asked why go Ilmor...he's like....cuz I need the damn money...I was dying laughing....they dont come any nicer and the info was perfect. Call me Tuesday....partys on me.....

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:04 PM
So, they will be able to fit the Ilmor after all? COOL.
I think you will be really happy going with factory power instead of custom. Oh, I would Teague too - if custom was what I wanted. Proven builder and thorough knowledge.
You should have piece of mind of turn-key factory power. Cool.
Glad Darrin came through for ya.

phebus
04-16-2005, 02:08 PM
I will be out Wed.-Fri. I 'm not sure if anyone is getting together on Wed., but if so, I would love to meet up.

OutCole'd
04-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Best of luck on the drive NB. I hope all goes well.

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:31 PM
A question:
Did you buy an existing one? if so, which one?
I am assuming not. You are probably headed out to pick graphics, colors and such, right?

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 02:46 PM
I am going with a new build...unless something they have there isnt on the net. They had a 30 footer done in Dec that I am going to splash and twist.
Yellows, light grey and dark drey with an orange peal effect.

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Ya might look for a house or condo while you're there! Snicker. :devil:

OutCole'd
04-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I am going with a new build...unless something they have there isnt on the net. They had a 30 footer done in Dec that I am going to splash and twist.
Yellows, light grey and dark drey with an orange peal effect.
Whoever is doing their gel work now is great. I can't believe some of the boats I have seen come from them lately.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Ya might look for a house or condo while you're there! Snicker. :devil:
:notam: Funny. Come on slim...I'm on vacation;) The only thing I will be looking for is some GOOD mexican food. I ate at the place at the corner of those two main road last time...an albertos knock off....it sucked.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Whoever is doing their gel work now is great. I can't believe some of the boats I have seen come from them lately.
I walked into the shop and saw that one and its like...I could so live with that. I dont know about you but its rare for me to see something I really like.

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Go just across the bridge on the right, SHUGRUE's. Good stuff.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Go just across the bridge on the right, SHUGRUE's. Good stuff.
Shugrues? MExican...not sushi? :messedup: I will try it for sure. :D

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Wife and I, on our buying trip no less, went there after Keith Sayre recommended it. He was supposed to come have a beer with us, but got tied up. Go sit in the bar. They will serve in there. We had appetizers for dinner. She got the huge NACHOs and I got the spicy CHICKEN STRIPS. We like good food and find it often. This was some of the best. We have been craving ever since. Good call on Keith's part.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Wife and I, on our buying trip no less, went there after Keith Sayre recommended it. He was supposed to come have a beer with us, but got tied up. Go sit in the bar. They will serve in there. We had appetizers for dinner. She got the huge NACHOs and I got the spicy CHICKEN STRIPS. We like good food and find it often. This was some of the best. We have been craving ever since. Good call on Keith's part.
Good enough for me, thanks....its been since Christmas for carne asada....longest 3 months ever....well, almost;)

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Here's what we traveled through to get the Sleek.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2433snow800-med.jpg

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I just checked weather and it looks pretty good. I have a really good tow cover but I still hate to see even rain when I am towing. That picture looks nasty....

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 03:18 PM
That was on the way out. Rained pretty solid on the way back. No snow, though. It happens.
Don't tell Darrin you towed it with a cover. He says "no, no, you never tow a boat with a cover..any cover".

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:24 PM
This cover is two seperate covers. Never leaves any marks. When I pull into the area tho I will unveil it;) It makes me sick to my stomach to tow with road grime going down into the boat.....

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 03:26 PM
OH, who cares what he thinks? I was just kidding. Once you drop it off, there is no say in the matter anyway. Till you go back out to pickup/break-in your new Magic. So you will be the only one Ilmor powered (for now) right?

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:29 PM
OH, who cares what he thinks? I was just kidding. Once you drop it off, there is no say in the matter anyway. Till you go back out to pickup/break-in your new Magic. So you will be the only one Ilmor powered (for now) right?
For now...first one...never thought of that....I am sure it will be short lived tho. The Ilmor/Teague line is amazing. And I do care what Darrin thinks... I want him to be happy with my sled. I have taken pride in ownership and it shows... course 2000 miles of hwy40 will dull the shine I am sure for now :eek:

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Joe.....thanks for calling on my Ultra...I hope we can work it out......

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, I don't know if you want to know this, but it will just sit outside with all the other orphans. We looked at a 99 28 Eliminator XP that I was seriously wanting. 502/Procharger, XR, Imco steering and tabs. Same gel scheme as my Sleek. It had 4 inches of standing water in the mid-cuddy from the storm that we traveled through. It had wall-wall carpet, too. We were concerned for the boat, but it just got covered right back up as we left. Knew the previous owner. Basically parked in the Channel and started wiping it down with a diaper ever time. Sad.

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I SO didnt need to hear that...but I did just get a call of someone that wants it..so it might have a new home before it gets thrashed. Hell...I dont think shes ever spent more than two days outside in her entire life...

mevale
04-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Joe.....thanks for calling on my Ultra...I hope we can work it out......
I hope so too. Call me as soon as you know something.
Thanks
Joe

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Nice motor in your avatar.....your only doing 65 with that? I think you need to yank the jet and have it looked at....

mevale
04-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Nice motor in your avatar.....your only doing 65 with that? I think you need to yank the jet and have it looked at....
Not if I buy your boat! I am in the waiting list with MPD

NashvilleBound
04-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Gotcha

phebus
04-16-2005, 08:21 PM
:notam: Funny. Come on slim...I'm on vacation;) The only thing I will be looking for is some GOOD mexican food. I ate at the place at the corner of those two main road last time...an albertos knock off....it sucked.
The place we like is a little hole in the wall place called Don Juans. Good food and good prices.

Buster
04-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Congrat's NB. You will love your new ride... :D
Post some pic's when you pick it up.
Enjoy......

NashvilleBound
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
2 days and 1800 miles later I arrive with the Ultra in tow. Everything went smooth. Darrin is over worked and needs help...NOT the help they are giving him. Leaving truck in San Diego till they say the Magic is done then I will fly back out to truck it back to TN. Course I will have to put 10 or so hours on it at Havazoo before returning. Now for the long wait....

OutCole'd
04-20-2005, 02:01 PM
2 days and 1800 miles later I arrive with the Ultra in tow. Everything went smooth. Darrin is over worked and needs help...NOT the help they are giving him. Leaving truck in San Diego till they say the Magic is done then I will fly back out to truck it back to TN. Course I will have to put 10 or so hours on it at Havazoo before returning. Now for the long wait....Sounds great. I you will have to let me know when you will be in Havasu, I would love to meet up & check out the new ride.

NashvilleBound
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Sounds great. I you will have to let me know when you will be in Havasu, I would love to meet up & check out the new ride.
Sounds good. When I get a date for pick up I will post it and maybe we can get a few of us out there. Should have a date by the middle of next month.
I was very impressed with Darrins test drive....well, it was more of a test of the boats limits....but just what I would have asked him to do. Great ride....

Beer-30
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Glad everything is working out. If at all possible, I will try to be there for the unvailing also!
BTW, did you go to Shugrues?

prosthogod
04-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Before you select your powder coat color, talk to magic about it. My friend bought one of their decks last year and his is coming off. After talking to magic and alot of other coating companies, bottom line that who ever is doing it for magic won't warranty the colors orange or green, so he has to have it stripped to metal and li :mad: ve with it. He's not too happy when you pay that much coin.

Rev. Williams
04-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Congrats Jeff !!!
I just hope the Ultra has found a good home already....
Let me know when you get the Magic and I'll take some pics of it for the new avatar :D :D
The one you have now is by far my favorite boat pic I've ever taken. The colors, the water, the friends and family all happy..... It's frickin perfect if I do say so myself :D :D :D

dicudmore
04-20-2005, 03:57 PM
good luck w/the new project NB :D
Hope I get a chance to see it before you tow it back to TN

NashvilleBound
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone...I am sure we can put something together the first or second week of June. .....and there is no powdercoating...everything is stainless...everything.

NashvilleBound
04-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Congrats Jeff !!!
I just hope the Ultra has found a good home already....
Let me know when you get the Magic and I'll take some pics of it for the new avatar :D :D
The one you have now is by far my favorite boat pic I've ever taken. The colors, the water, the friends and family all happy..... It's frickin perfect if I do say so myself :D :D :D
Ya Jong E...your the man with the camera all right. Who is that great looking guy driving??? :rolleyes: