PDA

View Full Version : Who else has quit? (smoking)

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I have been w/o for over a month now. I just put them down! :supp:
I refuse to go back to the nasty bastards. Hell, I can smell the leather interior in my truck again!!!! :D
I smoked for almost half my life. Now if I can just get back on that expensive mountain bike that has been sitting in the corner for WAY too long!!!! :hammer2:

FRENCHIE
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I have been quit for over a month now. I just put them down! :supp:
I refuse to go back to the nasty bastards. Hell, I can smell the leather interior in my truck again!!!! :D
I smoked for almost half my life. Now if I can just get back on that expensive mountain bike that has been sitting in the corner for WAY too long!!!! :hammer2:
i know of a certain board member hottie who needs to quit!!!!
:rolleyes: :yuk: ;)

Dr. Eagle
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
and you think COFFEE tastes bad????????

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Well done, Paul.
You're a good man. It's good to see you take care of yourself. :cool:
I'll bet the pussy tastes better too.

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM
and you think COFFEE tastes bad????????
LMAO!!! LOL!!!! :rollside:

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
I tell you it's amazing how much better I feel!!! No wheezing or coughing up looogies in the morning!!!!
Hang overs aren't as bad either. I smoked like a train while drinking. :hammer2:

Debbolas
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Scream quit smoking around 7 years ago....it was difficult, he burnt up his tongue on sunflower seeds....This last time was his third attempt, but he can tell ya all about it. :D
For months/years after he quit he would walk around the house and say he smelled weird things in different rooms of the house. :supp:
Good luck!!! :clover:

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Well done, Paul.
You're a good man. It's good to see you take care of yourself. :cool:
I'll bet the pussy tastes better too.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! We shall see!!!!! :D

MsGHTRIM
04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
i know of a certain board member hottie who needs to quit!!!!
:rolleyes: :yuk: ;)
It's true, probably won't have another for about six days, but once I have a few cocktails I get weak. At least I ran a marathon chasing after them in the Red Room Sat. night. :D

Back Forty
04-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I quit over a year ago and will never go back. Now that I'm back in FLorida and back in civilization, I have to stay away from all of the smokers at work which includes all of the skin... Who cares... Not smelling like a dirty stale a**hole keeps me making the high dollar. SALES..!

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Hoolign has quit lots of times. He's got the will power of Jim Morrison.

FMluvswater
04-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I just had my 8th year quit smoking anniversary in January. Way to go FC. :cool:

sorry dog
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
I think it's time to revive the Legalize thread...

racecar.hotshoe
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Ill smoke to that!........... :coffeycup :D

INSman
04-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Never started, so don't have to worry about quitting !! :yuk:
After seeing my mom smoke while growing up, getting cancer and passing away at the ripe old age of 50 when I was only 30, can't seem to figure out why and how people smoke :confused:

purrfecttremor
04-18-2005, 06:54 PM
its been 5 years and never felt better.be strong fc!

MAINEVENT
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I know a Guy
<------------ :supp:
I have smoked a few though but only when i am booz'n :hammer2: and only if their is other smokers, i will have one or two but i had a cig a few days ago and ughhh :eat: it was sick and i was smoking about 1 pack to 1.5 a day up until i said I'm over it :D
May my career of 9 years of smoking stay away (DAMN i'm only 22 :jawdrop: )

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
After seeing my mom smoke while growing up, getting cancer and passing away at the ripe old age of 50 when I was only 30, can't seem to figure out why and how people smoke :confused:
I've got a buddy who is a fairly considerate smoker. One time, we were outside on a coffee break and he was trying to light a smoke with one hand while he held his coffee in the other. I took the coffee from him so he'd have two hands to shield the lighter flame. He said, "You're a very considerate non-smoker." I told him, "No problem. I'll even help you with the chemo, when that time comes." He chuckled a bit but I know it pissed him off. :D
I'm sorry about your mom, INSman.

INSman
04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Odd thing was, my grandmother who also smoked her whole life quit after seeing my mom go through the whole ordeal, and has has emphysema really bad ever since. Just no winning with those damn coffin nails :eat:

FRENCHIE
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
It's true, probably won't have another for about six days, but once I have a few cocktails I get weak. At least I ran a marathon chasing after them in the Red Room Sat. night. :D
You mean you remember!!??
:jawdrop: :D
Think of your man and the kids.....i can think of no betta reasons for you to can em!!! If they dont give you the drive then nothin will!!!Besides you look alot better without them!!!! ;) ;)

Mrs CP 19
04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
I quit for about a year 3 years ago, then started again. My husband still smokes so that made it more difficult, BUT it was my weakness. His mom died from the same cancer I have now, but he just doesn't give it up...everyone has to do it thier way. I quit again in June after lung cancer diagnosis. But, I admit, I steal a puff now and then. Bad stuff!
I will say it sure is great having clean tasting breath and not smelling like a little smoke cloud now!! I sure notice people who smoke as the smell just clings. Doesn't bother me. To all who have quit, congrats!! To those that started again, you will stop again one day if you want. To each thier own!!!

SBullet
04-18-2005, 08:45 PM
I am the same way!! Dont smoke during the week or desire a cig but when I have a couple of cold ones on the weekend man do I crave one!! What a shitting habit and I cant stop! :cry:

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I do appreciate it!!!! :D
You can quit if you want to bad enough. Watching a love one die a slow horrible death is bad enough.
I didn't just do it for me, but my son also. My Dad died from a heart attack at 63. He was very over weight and had heart disease. His grandson (my son) was one week old. That was almost 9 years ago. What fun he would have had if my Dad would have eaten better and exercised. I swore I would never be over weight, and I'm not!!!
I guess that helped, along with hanging around with not smokers. :)

Dawn Patrol
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I stopped smoking when my Daughter Allison was born. 10 Years in December...
Damn, I be gettin Old. :angry2:

HCS
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Right on! You win!

HCS
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Hoolign has quit lots of times. He's got the will power of Jim Morrison.
This is the end my freind. The end. :frown:

bunny 166
04-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Congrats to you, hun! My dad quit cold turkey after smoking 30 years....On his 50th bday 8 years ago! If he can do it, so can you!!! Way to go!! :D :D

HCS
04-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Congrats to you, hun! My dad quit cold turkey after smoking 30 years....On his 50th bday 8 years ago! If he can do it, so can you!!! Way to go!! :D :D
Your dad has great will power and will live many more years!
That's my nightly fortune cookie. ;)

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 10:37 PM
This is the end my freind. The end. :frown:
That song always cheers me up. :)

Forkin' Crazy
04-18-2005, 10:49 PM
That song always cheers me up. :)
It reminds me of Apocalypse Now. :eek:
Thanks Bunny!!!!! :D

Bryan Rose
04-19-2005, 03:44 AM
Been since November for me...just put them down and quit. I do however still want one every now and then . They say it never goes away.
Great Job!
Bryan

tamalewagon
04-19-2005, 08:31 AM
quit cold turkey in January. It's been a pretty rough ride, but it's beginning to smooth somewhat. Problem is when I'm drinking, it's almost impossible not to have one. Good luck to you. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

HOSS
04-19-2005, 09:13 AM
I am working on my 10th week. Monday the 25th will be 10th. Been 1.5 years without drinking. This new shop is kickin` my ass. Mental instability. I need a fix. Started on my S10 to back half it. I take a hit of weeds every now and then.

4-B
04-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Random testing makes a lot of people stop smoking. :hammer2:

godfather
04-19-2005, 09:19 AM
dam hoss you done so well with the drinking you better not bick up another beer. As well as the cigs shit guess you have to hit the rope every now and again. good luck pickle boy. :D

HOSS
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
My wife bought the gum and its still in the original wrapper. If your gonna quit,,,,,your gonna quit. Zero intake, hold on to your balls and blast through it. I`ve already saved 400 bucks. Thats a new tunnel ram for my S10. I still crave them but it comes in an intense wave for about 5-10 mins and its gone. 3 times a day tops now.
Was it, is it worth it? HELL YEAH
I ain`t never lookin` back cause I`m not going through that again. I don`t know if I could again. If I took a drag of one then I`d be right back in it. I know for a fact that I can never smoke or even take a drag of a cigarrette again. Never. For the rest of my life. But that ain`t so bad.
I can brush my teeth without gagging now. No emphasema thank GOD. Started in basic training back in Jan of `86 and been tryin` to quit ever since. Quit a hundred times. Once for 6 mos and again for 4 mos. Made it 2 weeks countless times.
The next time you quit for 1 day make that one day of misery be the last one day of misery. For life. Make the second day the last second day you`ll ever do and so on. Just blast through the shit like a phuckin locomotive. Burn your nut hair with a butane tank if need be. :hammer2:

HOSS
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Random testing makes a lot of people stop smoking. :hammer2:
I own the company. But not to dissappoint I will send some stool in a bag through the U.S. mail. :sleeping:

WYRD
04-19-2005, 09:33 AM
What did your mommy raise you a Quitter? Pick up that cig my brother smoke away you are not a Quitter :crossx:
J/K Congrats now if only you could quit posting like a WH0RE :220v:

dicudmore
04-19-2005, 09:37 AM
started about a month ago....does that count?

redneckgirl
04-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Started smoking a month ago...please say NO :yuk: :yuk: :cry: Please say it isn't so!!!!! :hammer2: :hammer2:
RNG

Tom Brown
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Do you have a quantity goal in mind or are you just going to build it up over time and see how it goes?
What brand are you using? We need a brand that's beginner friendly. It's not easy getting onto it, particularly with some of the mentholated cigarettes as they'll really knock you down.

HOSS
04-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, if your taking up smoking and your not starting with Marlboro Reds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then you`re a FAG!
Unless of course you are African American,,,,in that case KOOL filter kings would be the desired smoke.

MsGHTRIM
04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
You mean you remember!!??
:jawdrop: :D
Think of your man and the kids.....i can think of no betta reasons for you to can em!!! If they dont give you the drive then nothin will!!!Besides you look alot better without them!!!! ;) ;)
It's so true and hopefully by two weeks when I see you guys again, I'll be done with it. Didn't like seeing the pic of me smoking. There's something to be said about that crap. Felt like I should've been drivin' an 18 wheeler down I-40. :jawdrop: :hammerhea :yuk:

Coach
04-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I was a Dipper for 7 years and quit over 10 years ago a not had one since.
There is a drug you can get Zyban but most insurances don't cover it. So you get Wellbutrain which is the excact same drug but the have different indications, which most insurances will cover. It is an anti-depesant. What they have found is people lose the urge to smoke and on average lose 10 lbs while taking it. My wife is a drug rep, if you couldn't tell.

Krazy K
04-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I certainly don't miss all the hacking and coughing!! It's been a little over a year since I just put them down. I had one last spring and I paid for it for a week's worth of coughing and hacking. The end of July is the last time I put a cig in my mouth, and then paid for it again, but this time for a month.
It is very hard to quit but once you do, it's an awesome feeling and you start to look at other smokers differently. "I used to look like that?" The urge will stay with you for the rest of your life. My stepfather still has the urge after 20 some years. Being around other smokers doesn't bother me. I have some urge to light up but I just think back to the last one and how it made me feel.
Good luck!!

bunny 166
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
The urge will stay with you for the rest of your life.
My dad is with Krazy K on this one....been 8 years, but when he's at AVI gambling now and then, that's when he wants one. Hang in there--you're doing great and your body thanks you!!! :p :p

HOSS
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I was a Dipper for 7 years and quit over 10 years ago a not had one since.
There is a drug you can get Zyban but most insurances don't cover it. So you get Wellbutrain which is the excact same drug but the have different indications, which most insurances will cover. It is an anti-depesant. What they have found is people lose the urge to smoke and on average lose 10 lbs while taking it. My wife is a drug rep, if you couldn't tell.
They are both anti-depressants. They are both the same. My wife is a pharmacist can`t you tell?

Coach
04-19-2005, 10:03 PM
They are both anti-depressants. They are both the same. My wife is a pharmacist can`t you tell?
Correct. Funny story my wife went to Chino Prison to see the doctors and found out they will never prescribe Wellbutrin (aka Happy Jacks). It makes people way too horny, which can be a bad thing at a prison. :D

missboatnam1
04-19-2005, 10:17 PM
isent it weird, when your done your done!! you just know it!! i quit in 1995 new years eve..... ..just think you will be able to taste food pretty soon!! :smile: :smile:

Red Horse
04-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Put it down Dan. DOnt do it.
I smoked for about 15 years and have been off them damn things for a while now. Still get the urge now and then but get thru it.
Drinking and smoking do go hand and hand, but beer will taste SOOOOO much better with zero smoke.
Congrats on all you quitters
My Grandfather smoked for years. Had a stroke and left him with little motor skills, couldnt speak but maybe 4 or 5 words and was diagnosed with cancer. Lived a painful and I am sure very boring life (mentally) for the nest 7 years until he passed away. He was 55. That is the time you are supposed to be on your boat Sunday evening watching all the poor bastards getting ready to go home and go back to work!!!
And besides, smoking aint cool anymore. It used to be but the status quo is non smoker now!! :D :D :D :lightsabe

HOSS
04-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Smokin` pipe is still cool isn`t it?
Like my manhood pipe. :coffeycup

sorry dog
04-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Tom is pretty cool. Why don't we ask him.