PDA

View Full Version : Idiot found a boat

topless
04-19-2005, 10:42 AM
This new guy at work FOUND a fishing boat behind a building and took it home. He thinks he can sell it and probably can but I told him it might be stolen and to check with the authorities. Who does he need to contact?

Keithb87
04-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Tell him to contact the local LE
ask for the person in charge of the ID - 10 - T division. :idea:

Tom Brown
04-19-2005, 10:46 AM
He could probably fence it through the same chop shop he sells cars to.

topless
04-19-2005, 10:50 AM
The little cocky asshole laughed when I told him to call. He just wants to sell it. I should call for him and let the police handle it from there. Someone is missing a boat. :lightsabe

phebus
04-19-2005, 11:03 AM
How do you just "find" a boat and sell it? Wouldn't the buyer want title? I saw all sorts of lost cars on the street today. I think I'll sell some. :confused:

topless
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
The Kid is 20 yrs old and thinks that since it was behind a building with another boat and some trash that it also is trash. Don't ask me what he's thinking. I told him the right thing to do.

Chico&Zeus
04-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Good Luck selling it, This exact same thing happened to me once...My SeaDoo got ripped off, I notified the PoPo, they said it was in Mexico by now...I called the Dept of Game & Fish, they said they would put it in their computer as "STOLEN". Anyway, TWO YEARS later, Game & Fish writes me a letter that says I need to release the Title to the new owner, and I'm like WTF? I called them and they said that someone was claiming it on an "Abandond Boat Title", I was like HEY DUMB A$$ it's STOLEN! Finally they contacted the Local LE who finally repo'd it for me, from some Meth Head that said someone left it in his yard for TWO YEARS and never came back to claim it. I got it back, they couldn't find anything to charge the guy with, but get this....IT WAS NEVER USED!!! I know this because I had the carb off putting a rebuild kit in it right before it got jacked, and when I got it back, the carb was still lying inside the engine compartment, with my screwdriver and allen wrenches. I cleaned it up and sold it that same month! The point of my story is that to sell it you need a title, to register it you need a title, if he aint got the title, he's up Sh*t Creek in his "found it" boat ...without a paddle!

slink
04-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Does the boat appear to be in working order? or is it a junker? PM me the CF #'s or the H.I.N.

topless
04-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Does the boat appear to be in working order? or is it a junker? PM me the CF #'s or the H.I.N.
From what he said, it need the motor gone through or replaced. He said it has a cabin but doesn't know the make of the boat. I told him this morning to get the numbers off it and check it out. He doesn't want to do that. What a moron. Let him try to sell it.

Sane Asylum
04-19-2005, 05:32 PM
This new guy at work FOUND a fishing boat behind a building and took it home. He thinks he can sell it and probably can but I told him it might be stolen and to check with the authorities. Who does he need to contact?
It's mine........Tell him to call me........ :wink:
On the other hand.....don't you just want to let him sell it, Let him get kicked in the nuts and learn the hard way. :hammerhea
You tried to help, he didn't want it, let him Get r' done.......After about 5K and a police record he may appreciate what you were trying to tell him

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
The first thing this clown should do is read
496 of the california penal code......
That should about some this thread up......

Tom Brown
04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
The first thing this clown should do is read
496 of the california penal code......
That code can be a real HO.