PDA

View Full Version : Whoa....I think I need to join LAX PD

jdogginla
04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Whoa.......news story reports the truth behind LAX PD. While I have many friends that work LAPD I did not know that LAPD and LAX PD were two totally different departments. The LAPDChief Bratton has been wanting to merge and have LAPD patrol LAX for some time now, and has constantly had resistance from LAX PD.
The reason.......the average police office for LAX PD made $117,000 last year!@#% Wow! Lots of double time apparently! Average LAPD officer last year made $89k.
There were several officers that made over 200k last year for LAX PD :supp:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I believe they patrol Ontario as well.

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
That is a bunch of BULLSHIT.....
Granted there may be one or two that make that much....
Lets reflect. They work 7 days a week 16 hours a day and never call in sick or take a day off...
NICE LIFE they must have..... Yes they have cash , BUT NO LIFE and there health is in the toilet........
Dont beleive everything you hear

moneypit
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Average LAPD officer last year made $89k.
:supp:
huh??? average? :eek: :eek: Looks a little high to me.

jdogginla
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Lets reflect. They work 7 days a week 16 hours a day and never call in sick or take a day off...
NICE LIFE they must have..... Yes they have cash , BUT NO LIFE and there health is in the toilet........
Ahhhh I'm not saying they don't deserve what they make. And the news report had copies of the statements- per a public record request that was granted by the dept. So the numbers are there. I was just making a general statement about the true reason the LAX PD did not want to merge with LAPD. It's these same officers that you are saying work 7 days a week 16hours a day that are fighting the merge. If they joined with LAPD they would be able to have more days off etc.........

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Too make 200K a year that cop had to work 223 hours
that is right223 hours a month in overtime
Yeah, OK like that is happening.. He works 393 hours a month......

MagicMtnDan
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
What exactly is BS? Do they have to work all that OT? Are they forced to make over $200K per year? If their health is "in the toilet" I'm sure they have excellent healthcare and benefits. Almost anyone making $200K per year works long hard hours. I don't feel sorry for them since I can't believe they are actually forced to work "16 hours a day, 7 days a week."

phebus
04-19-2005, 02:53 PM
I agree with Kilrtoy. In every organization you have those few individuals that will sacrifice everything in their life to work every minute they possibly can to make every cent they possibly can. I have seen it many times in my carreer, and those are the individuals that usually end up losing everything in the long run, because all the hours they work usually end in either divorce, or they get so far in debt when they are working all the overtime that when the overtime drys up, they can't pay their bills.
I don't envy them at all that they make that much money. I actually feel sorry for them. They have no life......

carbonmarine
04-19-2005, 02:55 PM
First off.......... Allan Mendleson, Eye on LA or one of those guy totally blew the cover off those guys.... Caught them red handed doing fugg'in NOTHING 90% of the time and other times unabashedly writting tickets like Wally George to his own show tapings ( may he rest in peace ) .... Were luckly they dont sue the city city for carpal tunnel running an operation like that ... Trylu a boy club if there ever was one...I think a few got fired...
I was going through LAX one night and they had the place in near lock down by handing out tickets... They love rental cars because its revenue with out a complaint in most cases... Get you ticket when you get home, kinda like Pay 200.00 and pass go....
I hate policing for the sake of revenue !!!
Rick32
:hammerhea

jdogginla
huh??? average? :eek: :eek: Looks a little high to me.
I could be wrong........Miguel will know better, but I think they work 3 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, but that most work 1-2 days OT a week. Not sure......I have a few friends that work K-9 and Gang detail, I know they are always working O.T. Again.........in no way saying that they don't earn their money, because in my mind they like any other public servent that puts their life on the line daily deserve my respect.

Kilrtoy
What exactly is BS? Do they have to work all that OT? Are they forced to make over $200K per year? If their health is "in the toilet" I'm sure they have excellent healthcare and benefits. Almost anyone making $200K per year works long hard hours. I don't feel sorry for them since I can't believe they are actually forced to work "16 hours a day, 7 days a week."
No they are not forced to work that, they do it on their own free will.....
Those making that kinda of cash over 200K are usually supervisors.....
Now to make 117k is not hard but again you work 6 to 7 days a week and and lots of double time...... Again No life.....

PlyaPlya22
04-19-2005, 02:57 PM
No they are not forced to work that, they do it on their own free will.....
Those making that kinda of cash over 200K are usually supervisors.....
Now to make 117k is not hard but again you work 6 to 7 days a week and and lots of double time...... Again No life.....
Shit I already work the hours, just give me the money!!

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
First off.......... Allan Mendleson, Eye on LA or one of those guy totally blew the cover off those guys.... Caught them red handed doing fugg'in NOTHING 90% of the time and other times unabashedly writting tickets like Wally George to his own show tapings ( may he rest in peace ) .... Were luckly they dont sue the city city for carpal tunnel running an operation like that ... Trylu a boy club if there ever was one...I think a few got fired...
I was going through LAX one night and they had the place in near lock down by handing out tickets... They love rental cars because its revenue with out a complaint in most cases... Get you ticket when you get home, kinda like Pay 200.00 and pass go....
Rick32
It was channel 2 news that dropped that story.... The down side, it was only a hand full of the entire department. I believe it was less than 10 cops and yes they got shit canned and rightfully so.....
As far as handing out 200 dollar tickets, Bullshit

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I could be wrong........Miguel will know better, but I think they work 3 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, but that most work 1-2 days OT a week. Not sure......I have a few friends that work K-9 and Gang detail, I know they are always working O.T. Again.........in no way saying that they don't earn their money, because in my mind they like any other public servent that puts their life on the line daily deserve my respect.
what do school crossing guards know

PlyaPlya22
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
How many kids cross the street in a day :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
i was in your old playground today... Ya know old lucky 13.....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-19-2005, 03:11 PM
i was in your old playground today... Ya know old lucky 13.....
at Jeff KTP WTF is up with those fing kids

jdogginla
04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
It was channel 2 news that dropped that story.... The down side, it was only a hand full of the entire department. I believe it was less than 10 cops and yes they got shit canned and rightfully so.....
As far as handing out 200 dollar tickets, Bullshit
It was channel 2 with that story a few months ago, but channel 4 (i believe) that reported this story.

MAINEVENT
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
OR Such as a better life to sit on here and post W hore all day :p Sorry i had too love you man :) Whens Dinner fock :hammerhea

Boozer
04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Personally I think 117K a year for a police officer is completely in line. As much as I dislike most police officers they do put their asses on the line every single day so if some of them are making 117K I think it is completely fair. Had I stayed with my past employer in Denver I'd be clearing over 100K a year now and hawking cell phones is a hell of lot less important role in society then busting bad guys. If those guys are clearing that kinda money then all the more power to them.
If I were LAX PD I wouldn't want the departments to merge either.

cdog
04-19-2005, 04:26 PM
OR Such as a better life to sit on here and post W hore all day :p Sorry i had too love you man :) Whens Dinner fock :hammerhea
Hey mainevent. Where did you get that avatar? Those are some great cans. I sometimes find myself starring at them.

RP1
04-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Rick32
This is two different job classifications... The ones they are referring to that make the $117-$200k are sworn. The ones writing the tickets to the rental cars are high-priced civilian security guards that are a bunch of thugs in disguise.
Klr is right about the money for the sworn...
It's not to hard for a Supervisor to make $117 with a high base pay. But for a front-line officer, their putting in some time to get to that pay. They have no life and can't enjoy the money so what good is it.

RACRJEFF
04-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Too make 200K a year that cop had to work 223 hours
that is right223 hours a month in overtime
Yeah, OK like that is happening.. He works 393 hours a month......
he said 89k for average lapd officer i wish , ol lady has 11 years and is a p-3 and made a lil over 72k with lonegevity pay and patrol bonus 89k maybe a sgt 2 maybe. if he said deputies average 89k i could go for that they can work o.t. on thier days off ,lapd can't unless its special detail. the only over time my wife gets is if she books someone 45 minutes before E.O.W. the deputies can work 7 days a week up to 96 hours a month the kids in the jails clear 100k a year all day long but as miguel says no LIFE!!!

JackieV
04-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I believe the Popo's word. :rollside:

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
You should get the wife into nursing. Twice the pay, 1/10th the danger. :wink:
I dont think so......

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Think whatever you'd like. You want a W-2?
Your wife makes $72 an hour...
or $138,000 a year as a RN...
I CALL
BULLSHIT

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Ok now that you have included overtime... We are on straight time here as in you referred to racrjeffs post.....
Im sure she is top step, perdium, has no beni's, no vacation works nights
and is a speciality nurse.....
That is how my wife makes so much also

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
I beg to differ this one Kilrtoy my neighbor is LAPD LAX and let me tell you he is home more than at work and cleared a 100k last yr. And i work at Ontario Airport and know many of those that are in the same boat. Looks like you need to change jobs huh????????

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
I beg to differ this one Kilrtoy my neighbor is LAPD LAX and let me tell you he is home more than at work and cleared a 100k last yr. And i work at Ontario Airport and know many of those that are in the same boat. Looks like you need to change jobs huh????????
First off what is your neighbors rank if he is a PO he is working MIN 55 Hours Overtime a month to make this.....
and as far as ontario police, place all the cards on the table not the tainted ones.....
ONTARIO and ONTARIO ONLY make what is called police/fire pay..... They pull double pay for double duties Hence Fireman/Cop, they are one of the few in the state like this....
As you were....

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
First off what is your neighbors rank if he is a PO he is working MIN 55 Hours Overtime a month to make this.....
and as far as ontario police, place all the cards on the table not the tainted ones.....
ONTARIO and ONTARIO ONLY make what is called police/fire pay..... They pull double pay for double duties Hence Fireman/Cop, they are one of the few in the state like this....
As you were....
Dont know what his rank is I know he brings home his car and has a bomb dog in the back though!!!!! Yeah tell me about it the whole fire/police is pretty nice pretty funny seeing those guys in fire truck one week and cop car the next!!! As far as i remember he is smoking a cigar and drinking a beer atleast 4 days a week and no he dont like no OT Dont be mad cause some people have cake walk jobs!!!!!!!!!!!

MAINEVENT
04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey mainevent. Where did you get that avatar? Those are some great cans. I sometimes find myself starring at them.
Thats funny I stare at it also :rollside: I cant remeber where it was a while ago :rollside:

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:09 PM
See she is not a regular RN as my wife does not do regular surgery . We are even .....
At the ontario airport ONLY... they are crossed trained as a cop and a fireman...
So inturn they do both jobs.....
They earn a helluva lot of cash.....
Not your normal cop or fireman......
they are under the same umbrealla as LAX police, but they are still different.....

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Dont know what his rank is I know he brings home his car and has a bomb dog in the back though!!!!!
See he is nuts he plays with bombs, That is why he gets paid so well, he is not a regular street cop....

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Can they effectively do both jobs when they only spend half the time doing each?
From my understanding , they went thru two academies

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:13 PM
He doesnt play with them just points them out to the bomb squad then he is done for the day. THink about it how many times have you heard that they actually found a bomb on the LAX premises!!!!!!!

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:16 PM
You cant really compare street cops to Airport cops. Little diff ball game.

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
He doesnt play with them just points them out to the bomb squad then he is done for the day. THink about it how many times have you heard that they actually found a bomb on the LAX premises!!!!!!!
My friends dad was a bomb cop, he took a call on his day off to help out his partner, that was the last call he ever took.........

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
You cant really compare street cops to Airport cops. Little diff ball game.
I would have to disagree on that one........

LOWRIVER2
04-19-2005, 08:31 PM
OK,
I've "seens enough and I can't stands no more!!"
Let's put the light where it needs to be Kilrtoy:
Fact One: David Goldstein CBS 2 news did the piece on LAX PD, they got the scoop/where to look from an disgruntled LAWA officer or Dept. of Airports ofcr. (we call them DOA, they hate it/lol).
After the El Al shooting at the Bradley terminal in 02, the Feds gave LAPD $5 million to staff our guys at the screening checkpoints of each terminal for immediate action/rapid deployment scenarios such as the ones mentioned in the latest RAND Corp. studies. This means our sole purpose is to engage/stop active shooters who try to overrun the screening stations. Over 1,200 of the 9,200 LAPD guys took a four hour FAA approved class so we could walk into a terminal (like we could'nt do that/LOL!). After that, we've been working 3-4 10 hour shifts a month on days off at time and a half (LAPD does not have double time). Is it non eventful 99.9% of the time? Yes.
Over this last two years, I've had to see what LAX PD does. Let's say not much.
They respond to door alarms in the terminals, (usually opened by lazy airline workers who don't use the key cards), cite parked cars with expired tabs, and now stand by with a UPR when El Al is ticketing/boarding their planes. Remember that El Al employees overtook and killed the attacker, not LAX cops. El Al employees are ALL armed and ALL ex Israeli military as well. They can handle their own. There are no standbys on El Al, funny how they never have had a hijack, wonder why?/LOL
This is not to say LAX officers are imcompetent, it IS to say they have very little to do and could do the job with many less officers than they have and we all know idle hands lead to stupid acts.
While LAPD's pension is'nt the best, it IS better than LAX PD and LAUSD PD. LAPD pays more but the LAX guys make more through overtime. After talking to over 100 of them in the last two years, many are retired from other agencies and are doing the "double dip"=pension +current LAX pay as they openly admit the job is a "cake walk" compared to working a city.
As for their comunications, worst dispatchers I have ever heard. That consolidation alone will save a cop's life.
The merge will let the airport officers who want to do proactive police work to do just that in a division. Those airport guys who want to stay and read the paper, wave at tourists or act like the bomb dog guy Mon. who let his dog jump up on his car for a photo(!), will be able to stay and do whatever they think is so important that they do. They will just have better comunications, real directed leadership and be mission driven for tactical scenarios instead of being mere pawns of the airport commission.
As for pay at LAPD, it's all about motivation and where you work. A copper on daywatch who wants to get off on time every day in a slow division is'nt going to make the same as the one working a busy division on pm's or am's where arrests will be made and court time comes with it.
The LAX O/T is good for 15-18k a year if one is vigilant at calling in. Southeast and Newton have O/T for foot beats in the projects. Granted , you WORK on those shifts but it's overtime.
I remember the Southeast P-2 who made 150+ in 03. Cruiser task force/LAX/footbeat/ Pacific Beach detail. Hungry gets paid, pure and simple.
110-120k can be made by any P-3 in a South Bureau division if they work a gang enforcement detail, special problems unit, narcotics FES.
Anyone who KNOWS LAPD try to tell me otherwise, just give me the division and shift you (or someone you know) works up front.

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I would have to disagree on that one........
How do you figure that i feel street cops have a more dangerous job!!! Dont know how much time you been around airports but i have been for a long time and let me tell you they have less than half the calls that street cops get. The biggest thing they get to do is deal with drunk people coming off of planes or people shop lifting out of the gift shops, oh and right parking tickets at the curb!!!!

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I missed you in NWT today, although some of your friends were there....

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:41 PM
How do you figure that i feel street cops have a more dangerous job!!! Dont know how much time you been around airports but i have been for a long time and let me tell you they have less than half the calls that street cops get. The biggest thing they get to do is deal with drunk people coming off of planes or people shop lifting out of the gift shops, oh and right parking tickets at the curb!!!!
Being a cop is dangerous I dont care where you work...
And being in a slow area make it more dangerous, you become complacent

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:41 PM
I missed you in NWT today, although some of your friends were there....
NWT???????????

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:43 PM
That was directed at lowriver

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey not to get off track here but how is the truck doing???

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Now you gotta get me started , You could have just said DCB sucks and I would leave it at that, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, hows the truck.....
It took a shit last wednsday night... We were leaving to the river the next day...
Well rats ate my wires, WTF... this is not in warranty... But seeing how i have had so much trouble with it... They did a rush job and fix it and id it for free so i could make it to havi.... Big thanks to RYDELL CHEVY...
Otherwise, gas mileage still sucks.......14.5 on cruise control at 70 the whole way to the river.....
Granted with slightly bigger tires im sure im going a little faster , but mileage still sucks...

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
What wires did the Rats eat???? Dont worry the gas mileage will get better with some more mileage on it.

Kilrtoy
04-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Injector wires....
Damn i already have 10K on the motor in 5 months...

BLOWN HOWARD
04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Injector wires....
Damn i already have 10K on the motor in 5 months...
Injector wires huh thats ****ing nutz, you need to find a new place to live or put a cat under the hood at night!!!!!! 10K is getting better but you need like 15 to 20, You should look into the Volant air intake it helped mine out pretty good and also just did the volant exhuast that made some big diffs.

Bense468
04-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Should have bought a 22 and a some rat traps. :eek:
JK

BoatPI
04-20-2005, 01:36 AM
On that nurse thing, the unusual pay tied to hours is true. My wife works part time. the bae pay is meanless as they work 12 hour shifts. The big money comes in when they fill in for in house registry. She make $25K in three months part time so far this year. But it is a tough job. She knows nurses that work more hours pulling in 175K a year. Not my thing, but these are the folks that keep u alive in hospitals. And at least at her hospital, they have a high leve lof education, she has two B.S degrees, others have Phd's, etc. Smart women.

clownpuncher
04-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Don'e believe everything you hear/read. I've heard of PS Firemen making over 150K per year. That does happen with semi-regular occurance.
Like Kilrtoy says, they are the exception, not the rule.
Sure, we have firemen making some good $$$$, but, but those same guys don't see their families. They have nice boats that they get to use twice a year. All for the mighty dollar. Ain't worth it to me.
"Work to live" as oposed to "live to work" is my motto.
Cheers.
Roland

dc96819
04-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Whoa.......news story reports the truth behind LAX PD. While I have many friends that work LAPD I did not know that LAPD and LAX PD were two totally different departments. The LAPDChief Bratton has been wanting to merge and have LAPD patrol LAX for some time now, and has constantly had resistance from LAX PD.
The reason.......the average police office for LAX PD made $117,000 last year!@#% Wow! Lots of double time apparently! Average LAPD officer last year made $89k.
Wonder what kind of pension they have.Are they hireing

LOWRIVER2
04-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Actually Kilrtoy, I was there both last week and yesterday. Your chief said we were "overkill" on thurs. so we cruised 2-3 blocks out. Yesterday we got tired of rolling around and 5 of our 8 cars there were booking bodies 2 hours into the shift. Your bosses probably told you to roll around in the group like you were to stay available but let's face it, you guys had enough bodies at the school, you motors should have been pulling over rides , impounding the poo butt wangsters and jacking the a-hole juv's walking back towards the school around Compton/42 and Ascot/ 43. That's the difference, we make arrests and put the idiots on ice, not just roll around until they move elsewhere. Of course, we work weekends too.

LOWRIVER2
04-20-2005, 06:34 AM
LAX PD is hiring, no age limit, bring lots of reading material and a pillow.

PowellScooter
04-20-2005, 06:51 AM
But who would wanna be a cop anyway, and in Cali ?? WTF

jdogginla
04-20-2005, 06:59 AM
But who would wanna be a cop anyway, and in Cali ?? WTF
Even more reason they deserve credit. I didn't start this thread to bash LA's civil servent's.
Also........many peeps keep saying don't always believe what you hear. True that, but I believe what I see......and what I saw in the report was documented paperwork provided by the city.
One other thing.......many have also referenced the CBS2 undercover report(about a month or so ago) The report I'm referring to was not that report. The CBS2 report I believe was edited to portray the department a certain way......which I don't agree with. I only say this because I'm in the TV/entertainment biz, and I can see when things are slanted and edited waaaayyyy to the left. In that case.......yeah I don't always believe what I hear.

INSman
04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
I couldn't afford the PAY CUT !! :D :D

Jbb
04-20-2005, 07:50 AM
LAX PD is hiring, no age limit, bring lots of reading material and a pillow.
Hey Gary....Hook me up :D ..I have lots of back issues of Hot Boat to read....and Im pretty familiar with airports!!!!...LA here I come... :D

LOWRIVER2
04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Come on over JBB, the LAXPD will need a painter to paint all their cars once they get taken over by us/lol.
LAX PD/ LAUSD PD and LA Port Police all need to get merged into LAPD. Guess where all the money comes from for all those agencies? Los Angeles. Why have different radio frequencies, different training academies and different equipment/ pensions? It will save taxpayers money and get rid of overlapping jurisdiction/work.
And I have every issue of HB from 1/97, so I have plenty of reading for ya/LOL!

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Actually Kilrtoy, I was there both last week and yesterday. Your chief said we were "overkill" on thurs. so we cruised 2-3 blocks out. Yesterday we got tired of rolling around and 5 of our 8 cars there were booking bodies 2 hours into the shift. Your bosses probably told you to roll around in the group like you were to stay available but let's face it, you guys had enough bodies at the school, you motors should have been pulling over rides , impounding the poo butt wangsters and jacking the a-hole juv's walking back towards the school around Compton/42 and Ascot/ 43. That's the difference, we make arrests and put the idiots on ice, not just roll around until they move elsewhere. Of course, we work weekends too.
yeah, I saw 40 Lapd NWT coppers stand down for 6 hours and do nothing.....
Its called following orders.....

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Come on over JBB, the LAXPD will need a painter to paint all their cars once they get taken over by us/lol.
LAX PD/ LAUSD PD and LA Port Police all need to get merged into LAPD. Guess where all the money comes from for all those agencies? Los Angeles. Why have different radio frequencies, different training academies and different equipment/ pensions? It will save taxpayers money and get rid of overlapping jurisdiction/work.
And I have every issue of HB from 1/97, so I have plenty of reading for ya/LOL!
My pay check reads the COUNTY of Los Angeles.....

LOWRIVER2
04-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, Newton, not METRO. And if you were assigned LAPD you would have been doing other stuff yesterday. I sure did'nt see that many Newton guys standing around, maybe Thurs., not yesterday.
Make no mistake, you don't police schools in LA County, you work solely in the CITY. Your pay comes from the general fund like everyone else.

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 08:56 AM
I spent many years working night in Century and Firestone
And yes there was overkill yesterday and they were all sitting around

LOWRIVER2
04-20-2005, 09:00 AM
So you are saying that as a LA city school police officer, you police schools in LA County in firestone (now Century station)?
I rolled into Jefferson HS area by 1220, most Newton cops assigned were gone by 1330. Guess what they were doing? Answering calls, making arrests like they always do. Once again, did'nt see many "standing around" yesterday. I had a body by 1400.

slink
04-20-2005, 09:13 AM
So you are saying that as a LA city school police officer, you police schools in LA County in firestone (now Century station)?
I rolled into Jefferson HS area by 1220, most Newton cops assigned were gone by 1330. Guess what they were doing? Answering calls, making arrests like they always do. Once again, did'nt see many "standing around" yesterday. I had a body by 1400.
Easy LR, I'm sure Kilr was busy making sure all the kids had hall passes :wink: (sorry kilr....had too)

Dave C
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I won't comment. :supp: I tried to argue a point once, but Kilrtoy yelled at me and hurt my feelings ;) :rolleyes: Plus something about my boat not having any kool-aid.
Question: did they actually use the term "average" rather than "some"? If so due to the law averages that means a lot of people have to make at or near the average for the average to be that high (i.e. if lots of people were way below the average then the average can't be that high). Just an FYI ;)
BTW if they made it on OT, thats OK with me! :D working a little extra for some extra $ is the american way!

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Easy LR, I'm sure Kilr was busy making sure all the kids had hall passes :wink: (sorry kilr....had too)
F*** YOU, I was at the milk line for your information....

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
They were standing sitting around from 0600 on, metro was still tucke in sleeping :)
yes, we work and write 13 agencies papers, Takes a little more knowledge than LA......
I read the wall in the hall, not too impressive.....

MudPumper
04-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey, are LAX PD and LAUSD PD allowed to carry full size flashlights???? :rollside:

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey, are LAX PD and LAUSD PD allowed to carry full size flashlights???? :rollside:
Yes the big heavy metal ones and also , those two can still chock people out and shoot at moving cars and chase cars and anything else most NORMAL non consent decree PD's do.... :hammerhea

RACRJEFF
04-20-2005, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]LAX PD is hiring, no age limit, bring lots of reading material and a pillow
LOL, man if you knew what the custody deputies do at work ! reading material would be work to them. nothing ranks up the 70s LAPD/LASD guys making the bonzai runs to vegas on duty!!!

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]LAX PD is hiring, no age limit, bring lots of reading material and a pillow
LOL, man if you knew what the custody deputies do at work ! reading material would be work to them. nothing ranks up the 70s LAPD/LASD guys making the bonzai runs to vegas on duty!!!
You would be shocked if you saw the pics I have.....OOOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD

LOWRIVER2
04-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Easy Kilrtoy,
If you wanted to do real police work, you would have joined a city police dept. Funny you take shots at LAPD when it's this very dept. that saves your ass when it's in a sling. If you wanted to do police work that involves observation arrests, the oppurtunity to do complex homicide investigations, work a gang unit that actually serves search warrants, work a motor spot that actually works DUI enforcement details, once again, you'd have joined a city PD.
Writing basic arrest reports on other agency paper? Wow, that's impressive. Let's see, our guys write LASO paper every day on the 13th floor at USCMC, I've scratched a few arrest reports on Inglewood, Huntington Park, South Gate, Burbank and Glendale. Guess what Kilr, they are all pretty much the same, something about POST guidelines in Ca. makes them all require the same info. Heck, if your guys could just figure out how to write a decent crime report on our paper, I'd be glad. Let's not forget the majority of your paper is on LAPD forms, that's jurisdiction where you work.
Let's see Kilr, when your school police need a bomb investigation or bomb dog, who do they call? When your officers get shot at and suspects are barricaded, who do they call? When there's a homicide at your schools, who do they call? When there's detailed burglary/rape/robbery investigations, once again, who do the LA school police call?
Ahh, the same answer to all these questions: LAPD
With that answer the question begs to be asked: If all specialized investigations and critical incidents are handled by LAPD, why not merge the LA city school police into LAPD for savings to the citizenry? Are the LA school police that much better at giving citations to speeding soccer moms in minivans? Is that a job only "specialized police departments" can handle??....I think not/LOL!
And let's get this straight: On ALL homicides at LA SCHOOLS, LAPD has primary jurisdiction, your guys don't have the experience, expertise or resources to handle that sort of job. They follow along and watch. I don't know about you but I'd rather play on the team than be a bench warmer.
Hey, but you probably have most weekends off, a luxury most of us city cops don't have. You got all of us there. Don't worry, us "lowly city cops with small flashlights" (still not issued yet/lol) will take care of your schoools, just like we always have. Oh, and when's the last time a school police ofcr. used a PIT manuever? When's the last time a school police ofcr. got in a pursuit for that matter?/lol. Remember, bicycles don't count for pursuits.

Jbb
04-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Easy Kilrtoy,
If you wanted to do real police work, you would have joined a city police dept. Funny you take shots at LAPD when it's this very dept. that saves your ass when it's in a sling. If you wanted to do police work that involves observation arrests, the oppurtunity to do complex homicide investigations, work a gang unit that actually serves search warrants, work a motor spot that actually works DUI enforcement details, once again, you'd have joined a city PD.
Writing basic arrest reports on other agency paper? Wow, that's impressive. Let's see, our guys write LASO paper every day on the 13th floor at USCMC, I've scratched a few arrest reports on Inglewood, Huntington Park, South Gate, Burbank and Glendale. Guess what Kilr, they are all pretty much the same, something about POST guidelines in Ca. makes them all require the same info. Heck, if your guys could just figure out how to write a decent crime report on our paper, I'd be glad. Let's not forget the majority of your paper is on LAPD forms, that's jurisdiction where you work.
Let's see Kilr, when your school police need a bomb investigation or bomb dog, who do they call? When your officers get shot at and suspects are barricaded, who do they call? When there's a homicide at your schools, who do they call? When there's detailed burglary/rape/robbery investigations, once again, who do the LA school police call?
Ahh, the same answer to all these questions: LAPD
With that answer the question begs to be asked: If all specialized investigations and critical incidents are handled by LAPD, why not merge the LA city school police into LAPD for savings to the citizenry? Are the LA school police that much better at giving citations to speeding soccer moms in minivans? Is that a job only "specialized police departments" can handle??....I think not/LOL!
And let's get this straight: On ALL homicides at LA SCHOOLS, LAPD has primary jurisdiction, your guys don't have the experience, expertise or resources to handle that sort of job. They follow along and watch. I don't know about you but I'd rather play on the team than be a bench warmer.
Hey, but you probably have most weekends off, a luxury most of us city cops don't have. You got all of us there. Don't worry, us "lowly city cops with small flashlights" (still not issued yet/lol) will take care of your schoools, just like we always have. Oh, and when's the last time a school police ofcr. used a PIT manuever? When's the last time a school police ofcr. got in a pursuit for that matter?/lol. Remember, bicycles don't count for pursuits.
Dammit Gary....for the last time....no merging.....!...I have my pillow packed and everything.....besides I have the entire Time Life Vietnam war collection hardcover books that I bought every month ...years ago...but never read....

LOWRIVER2
04-21-2005, 06:11 AM
JBB,
stay out east, with this real estate market, the price to match your estate in size here should be around $2 million in Orange Co. That's not a joke either/LOL!
The school/airport/port have about 350 cars that need to be repainted, oh, and a used BMW motorcycle, if you can get it's rider to get off it, he might be a little hot right about now/LOL!!

Jbb
04-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Now I feel.....unwanted... :confused: ...How am I gonna get my big break in Hollywood.....when I am here....

Kilrtoy
04-21-2005, 07:18 AM
LASO handles all of these things in all other cities, they have juristiction over them also...... So what is your point.... Slanting facts to make the LAPD bitchen, Ok go ahead, if that is what you have to do to justify your super bitchenness...
What is the motto that used to hang over the gates at the academy..
Thru these gates walk the finest officers in the world.....
They took it down because that hasnt been true for 10 years or so.....
What year did you get hired again.....
Yes LA most likey has the best swat team in the world, along with ASD and SIS, but patrol the bread and butter of the agency...... I think you need to look again....cuz it sure aint what it used to be.....

RACRJEFF
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Lowriver not to start a pi$$in match but, my wife gets a kick out of reading this board and saw your last post and in her 10 plus years she has worked hollywood P.E.D. Foothill crash,vice,southwest and southwest bike patrol was a p-3 at west valley (dont bag thats where the oral spot was)and she is now at NOHO and she says she never filled out a arrest report on another agencies paper, she says she has turned over people to other agencies and has arrested people many times in LASO/other agencies , foothill surrounds S.F....... but she always wrote it on LAPD paper, im probablly misundertsanding the statement,am I ?

wedge44
04-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Now you gotta get me started , You could have just said DCB sucks and I would leave it at that, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, hows the truck.....
It took a shit last wednsday night... We were leaving to the river the next day...
Well rats ate my wires, WTF... this is not in warranty... But seeing how i have had so much trouble with it... They did a rush job and fix it and id it for free so i could make it to havi.... Big thanks to RYDELL CHEVY...
Otherwise, gas mileage still sucks.......14.5 on cruise control at 70 the whole way to the river.....
Granted with slightly bigger tires im sure im going a little faster , but mileage still sucks...
Rats LOVE those CHEVY/GMC....My neighbors have been eaten twice in the last 4 months...Actually living in the intake manifold :D :D sorry to hijack thread

Dave C
04-21-2005, 08:01 AM
would you guys please speak english.... us "civilians" can't understand a word you guys are saying when you use acronyms like you do! :wink: :eek:
how are we supposed to know who is winning this pissing match if we can't understand it.

HOSS
04-21-2005, 08:03 AM
I police my own neighborhood.

wedge44
04-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Major CAT fight....I have my opinion ...my sister and bro-in-law paychecks read LA County...1 from Probation & 1 From LASD....talk about double dipping...and next door neighbor...LAFD ....$95,000k in OT for 04 alot of SOD during 4 day and in between....and still spent major time with the family ...just my .02 cents....and then cindy and...LAPD & LASD enough said :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
04-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Kilr, With all due respect....for a guy who seems to have spent AT LEAST $150,000 (and I think I'm low-balling) in the last 6 months, you sure cry a lot about pay and benefits.
Why don't you just shut-up and do your job like the rest of us. I'm sure your making a lot more than the average American with your level of education.
If you don't like what you do, the benefits you're getting, or what people say about your job, then either don't tell people what you do, or find a new job. But please stop the public poor-me belly-aching.
Sorry, I couldn't hold that in any longer.
RTJas

Kilrtoy
04-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey Kilr, With all due respect....for a guy who seems to have spent AT LEAST $150,000 (and I think I'm low-balling) in the last 6 months, you sure cry a lot about pay and benefits.
Why don't you just shut-up and do your job like the rest of us. I'm sure your making a lot more than the average American with your level of education.
If you don't like what you do, the benefits you're getting, or what people say about your job, then either don't tell people what you do, or find a new job. But please stop the public poor-me belly-aching.
Sorry, I couldn't hold that in any longer.
RTJas
Ok im not complainig about anything you said....
I am complaining about the fact they are trying to take it away... Big difference.
If some clown was trying to take your stuff you would be crying louder than I........

BoatPI
04-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Don't get me going on Kilr spending money on toys/enjoyment. I think he enjoys every minute of his time away from the grind like we all do.
Butttttttt... stealing this thread for a moment.. there is more than one person on this board that is working the system.. You will never get big bucks by working for someone. As the market goes up, then down a bit, peeps in the know invest in real estate, and a few smaller toys..
Making six figures a year is just too easy without punching a time clock or toting a gun constantly looking around for that next fool that is going to take a cheap shot at you. Maybe we should start a thread in investments. We have a few experts here..
Kilr and the other officers on this board earn every dollar, even if it is $100K per year in OT.
But how is it that cops are often disliked, and women all love the fierfighters. Go figure???

Flyinbowtie
04-21-2005, 04:43 PM
This thread has been great reading! LMAO!
The thing that bugs me about that amount of O/T is that we have agencies out there that are saving tons of money by paying overtime, instead of hiring the staff they need to do the job right in the first place.
We all know it is way cheaper to pay time and a half, or in some cases even double-time to a cop than it is to hire another cop. O/T is a flat known rate, and the agency is already paying the bennies and costs assocaited with having that cop out there.
It costs a whole lot more to go through the hiring process/screening/testing, academy/FTO program and outfit another cop than it does to work a guy into the ground who just happens to want/need the money. It is one thing to fill behind sick days and vacation with o/t, it is another to cover regular shifts or investigator slots with people working o/t.
I personally dont' like the idea of having a guy on the street who is in his 10th or 12th day in a row of 12 hour shifts. I think it screws up your judgement, screws up your health, and makes you miserable.
Which, in the long run, costs the agency as well as the person.
The LAPD vs. LASD thing is funny. I have family at both outfits, and at family gatherings when we come down south all they do is bitch at each other about which outfit is better, who works harder, who has more cop toys.
The two folks I am talking about are both in the job about 10 years.
I have 25 years with a S.O. here up in northern Ca.. When I worked patrol, as a sergeant, both releatives did swing shift ride-alongs. Both couldn't believe the fact that we had 25 minute response times for back-up, no air support, and places where it gets really dark at night and the radio doesn't get out. The first time the LAPD one heard a mountain lion scream he damn near soiled himself.
Before I got hurt, I spent a couple of years on a multi-jurisdictional crank task force, working with agencies from all over the north end of the state.
I discovered something. The job is different everywhere, guys. And it is the same everywhere. We are all good, and we all make mistakes. There are good cops, and not so good cops.
We rarely hear anything about the good ones from the media.
We hear every little thing in the world about even the slightest failure of a bad one.

Kilrtoy
04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
hey lowriver,
That wasnt you I breifly chatted with out side the SS BLDG on Fig today was it....
I mean he was tall, strapping, had his dry cleaning in the back window of his plain wrap take home, for all to see. Had his shiny little metro pin on his lapel, nicely creased P-3 plus one on the sleeve. But best of all, What up with the dyed blond hair...... :idea:
Is this the new metro you speak of...........

RiverToysJas
04-21-2005, 11:28 PM
If some clown was trying to take your stuff you would be crying louder than I........
I'm not even sure that is possible. And I hardly think you're in a position to say what I would do. ;)
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/51kilr_beggin.jpg
:idea:

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 10:37 AM
hey you could have at least given him a flat top
LOL

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Actually Miguel,
Why DID you post a photo of your motor parked NEXT to an LAPD dual purpose, with your own dept. lettering hidden??? Seems you'd not want to be near an LAPD car.
Let's stick to the facts, a personal hit on a guy's hair is pretty weak, I notice you did'nt have the BALLS to say it to his face or have the observation skills to notice his name tag. I can't recall anyone with "dyed" hair anyways. The MAN you speak of has 5 in policy shootings in which he was shot AT each time. All hits/successful outcomes on his part. He has forgot more in his 20 years than you have ever learned driving around schools in circles. Oh, but he does'nt have a nice boat so he's probably not thought of highly in your book/lol.
I see a lot of of people are reading this thread, let's get back on track:
Kilrtoy works for the LA UNIFIED SCHOOL POLICE
They are responsible for security of all schools in Los Angeles City
Their budget comes from LA City, not LA County.
They need to be merged along with the LAX Police and Port Police who are also funded by LA CITY.
This thread has nothing to do with ANY other agency.
This thread is about MERGING department's to get rid of duplicity which in turns SAVES MONEY. This SAVINGS in turn takes away some of the SPOTLIGHT everyone has on taking away pensions that Kilrtoy has been complaining about.
If you want to save pensions Kilrtoy, you have to start saving money. Merging will do this.
As for your bashing of patrol officers Kilrtoy, do you REALLY want to put your guys up against ANY division of our guys for RECAP/Firearms proficiency/basic tactical skills?
I"ve seen your guys on mobile field force/tactical rescue/baton tactics....oh, wait , I've TRAINED THEM.....You think they are BETTER?.....Please. If we're so terrible, why are you guys sent to us for the training? LOL! Shoot, you still have PLASTIC batons, talk about funny!
Sure, our guys have got into trouble. So have many cops from many departments. Why have'nt yours? What the hell could they get in trouble doing????
I'd be glad to introduce you to this MAN at Vegas this weekend, I"m sure you'd like to say your thoughts to his face. Did I also mention LaRouche has described him as one of the BEST officers he has ever had? Yeah, LaRouche is retired METRO and is one of your bosses. If LAPD is SO BAD, why did you hire LaRouche? Because he is a tactical EXPERT and your dept. has none, that's why.
Racrjeff: Did loans at DHD/RHD... you write outside paper at times.
I won't laugh, the valley is picking up in part I crimes and calls for service in Van Nuys have always kept up with west bureau rates. It can be busy, just different than the South bureau and your wife knows why.

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 08:54 PM
See there you go again with your personal attacks.....
I never said anything about the guys ability to dump someone.......
ONLY HIS HAIR... and yes I would say that to his face..... Let me guess he is just like you and the only way he can deal with things, is by force, cuz that is what you are implying....
And Yes the big bad blue wrecking crew aint that bad in the year 2005.....
I already spoke of the sections that are the best and you just happen to be on a platoon inside one of those divisions., but I dont think you are on D platoon....
As far as anyone I really dont care...
As far as I go, yes I can stand next to anyone of your choice in the fields I have choosen to pursue.....and yes they will not be better......
What you need to understand, which you have proven time and again you have trouble realizing..... There are people just as good as you out there and better and they dont work at the LAPD......

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh, and while I"m here.....
Kilrtoy,
You mentioned this Plus one had his uniform hanging in the rear window of his cruiser.
That's probably cause we have a dignatary coming in next week, see, when the president, V.P., first lady, foreign heads of state come to town, Metro personnel provide protection alongside the secret service in the city. Oh yeah, you saw that from afar when Mrs. Bush visited that school last year, I was posted in the room she was in. HMMMM? Where were school police that day? Outside, it appears.
As for the uniform "shown" in the car, let's get this straight.
1. Metro cops carry ALL equipment in our take home cars, we have no lockers, hence we respond anywhere/anytime.
2. He's a cop with a .45 ready to go, in a crown vic, we're not trying to be covert.
3. He's on duty, what (if any), is your point?
As for ethics/tactics of officers, well that's a area of differing opinion. Let's take your posts on hot boat, for example.
First off, your wife is beautiful, let there be no doubt that this is not a personal attack.
But....
Why, as a police officer, would you post photos of your wife on the INTERNET when there is the potential for someone to be on the hunt for you (suspect/prior arrest)? Would'nt it be prudent to not let folks know what your wife looks like, let alone post photos of your boat, truck and car?
Not the most tactically sound manuever there.
And how does that compare to an on duty Metro cop with a uniform in his work car?...in what way??
Although, the guys at Metro give your spouse a big thumbs up and an invite to our Vegas party,or a payday Wednesday
Anyways, hey, just things to think about, since you brought them up
Your buddy,
LR

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
No, Kilr,
It's not about "other police departments"
It IS about LAPD taking over LAUSD
If you were'nt in the city and paid for by the city, I would not care.
It IS that simple.
Not about force, just say what you post to someone's face. Not cool to post a hit on someone's appearance who does'nt even post on this board.
LR= open season, that Plus one=cheap/weak shot.

IN2-IN2MX
04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Whoa. Heated discussion going on here. I don't know enough about this to put my opinion out there just yet AND I am not taking sides (I haven't even read the whole post) but damn, LOWRIVER2 - were you on the debate team in high school or something? I am not making fun...I am serious. It would take me a long time to put together rebuttals like that.
Ok everyone...sorry to hijack...as you were.

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh, and while I"m here.....
Kilrtoy,
You mentioned this Plus one had his uniform hanging in the rear window of his cruiser.
That's probably cause we have a dignatary coming in next week, see, when the president, V.P., first lady, foreign heads of state come to town, Metro personnel provide protection alongside the secret service in the city. Oh yeah, you saw that from afar when Mrs. Bush visited that school last year, I was posted in the room she was in. HMMMM? Where were school police that day? Outside, it appears.
As for the uniform "shown" in the car, let's get this straight.
1. Metro cops carry ALL equipment in our take home cars, we have no lockers, hence we respond anywhere/anytime.
2. He's a cop with a .45 ready to go, in a crown vic, we're not trying to be covert.
3. He's on duty, what (if any), is your point?
As for ethics/tactics of officers, well that's a area of differing opinion. Let's take your posts on hot boat, for example.
First off, your wife is beautiful, let there be no doubt that this is not a personal attack.
But....
Why, as a police officer, would you post photos of your wife on the INTERNET when there is the potential for someone to be on the hunt for you (suspect/prior arrest)? Would'nt it be prudent to not let folks know what your wife looks like, let alone post photos of your boat, truck and car?
Not the most tactically sound manuever there.
And how does that compare to an on duty Metro cop with a uniform in his work car?...in what way??
Although, the guys at Metro give your spouse a big thumbs up and an invite to our Vegas party,or a payday Wednesday
Anyways, hey, just things to think about, since you brought them up
Your buddy,
LR
I dont go around bragging about where I work, what I do or where I live....
I let you do all that for me, now who is giving up tactics.. Why you feel the need to speak for me and blab all over town about me, I am still at a loss for words.....
As for the first lady last year..... well I was there for a couple of days, not just that one.... To bad tuesday I wont, I have previous plans, maybe another day I can tell you how bitchen you are in person...........
Let me know when your done with your pissing contest, cuz your the only one pissing.....
B2V, I spent many years banging the badge bunnies, Im thru with all that now.
Anyways
CENTURY throws the best parties nowadays...... and probie / choir boy parties are pretty weak nowadays.....

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 09:29 PM
No, Kilr,
It's not about "other police departments"
It IS about LAPD taking over LAUSD
If you were'nt in the city and paid for by the city, I would not care.
It IS that simple.
Not about force, just say what you post to someone's face. Not cool to post a hit on someone's appearance who does'nt even post on this board.
LR= open season, that Plus one=cheap/weak shot.
THE CITY OF LA DOES NOT PAY MY SALARY... I think you know everything, but you are mostly wrong.......
If I did work for the city I would be on the federal grant grave train like the rest of the city cops, who are taking over LAX......
Im not taking a shot at your buddy, just an observation....
correct me if im wrong about the dye job......

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 09:35 PM
"fields I have chosen to pursue"
Let's see:
You're a motor officer for the school police:
Once again, let's not get full of ourselves here, your guys can learn to do general police work and our guys can learn what's necessary to provide security to schools.
We got more motor officers than a lot of agencies combined. I"m sure you can fit right in.
The nagging outcome persists: The policing will be the SAME and it will COST LESS

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Now that is funny, I enjoy spending my days NOT responding to DV call after DV call.... And yes I still respond to your HOT SHOTS and HELP calls...
So with that said, good luck in vegas and if you want the hook up to the HOTTEST Badge bunny banging parties, I'll hook you up....

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey, LA unified school district.
Is that LA county?
Ca.?
Western States?
Fed govt.
LOL!
Uh, who said it was about doing chicks?
13th year running for me. It's because of pride, guess you missed that one.
Oh, yeah, no more choir boys, and what would you know about probation parties?
Did'nt you say Metro threw the best Vegas parties?
Oh, and for the best overall party nowadays: That will be Club Curves at the Aladdin, thrown by a Newton copper.
No, you came on here boasting about police work and then strutted your limited knowledge like you were a city cop like the rest of us. The bike photo gave you away. I've been on the merge bandwagon for awhile. Your complaint about the governor got me to post this issue once and for all. It's just silly Miguel to rant about what he's doing when money can be saved at the local level.
The only thing saving your dept. is your school board and the fact they want to use you as puppets to their every whim. If the money ever gets too tight, don't be surprised if a merge happens.
Hey, you can always lateral, there's plenty of other places to work and some are definately better for motor spots.

LOWRIVER2
04-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Uh,
I only bang one bunny, that's due to the ring on my left finger. Hottest in my book.
And back when I was single, I dated chicks who knew me as an engineer, etc. Telling them you're a cop was a rookie move for non players.

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Wait did you not write this, You brought up the parties, you never said anything about running...... even though you have on other post and last year you did......
What you fail to realize is I have choosen to not debate you, but you insist on continuing.. Dont think all of your statements are correct, the only ones that are fully correct are your statements about metro.....
do yourself a favor call Steve, tell him I said hi and ask him where his paycheck comes from, dont be shocked when he replies L.A. COUNTY

Kilrtoy
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Uh,
I only bang one bunny, that's due to the ring on my left finger. Hottest in my book.
And back when I was single, I dated chicks who knew me as an engineer, etc. Telling them you're a cop was a rookie move for non players.
Engineer, Damn lead them to think you made alot of cash, did ya....
I always told them I was a trash man :idea:

missboatnam1
04-23-2005, 12:10 AM
cops sould make a shit load of money. id say 200k plus a year..they put everything on the line for US, including there own lifes.....they save our asses......and bust our asses!!!..and its all good!!
ok just jumpin in here, ill shut up now :wink:

RiverToysJas
04-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Kilr went twice, your up LR... http://vampiresdawn.fair2kids.net/bilder/grafik/smilie_popcorn.png

missboatnam1
04-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Kilr went twice, your up LR... http://vampiresdawn.fair2kids.net/bilder/grafik/smilie_popcorn.png
i got mine :D :D

Tom Brown
04-23-2005, 12:32 AM
My take on this thing so far:
Lowriver2 -> I'm tougher than you. I can shoot better than you. I have more power than you. My job makes me better than you.
Kilrtoy -> Have you checked out the action I'm getting? I mean, come on...

Kilrtoy
04-23-2005, 12:39 AM
My take on this thing so far:
Lowriver2 -> I'm tougher than you. I can shoot better than you. I have more power than you. My job makes me better than you.
Kilrtoy -> Have you checked out the action I'm getting? I mean, come on...
That about sums it up...
Some take the high (LOW PRO ROAD)road
Some take the low (LOOK AT ME ROAD)road
I learned long ago, there is no winning with LR2
Anyways he will be back on monday he is gone to run a race.....

RiverToysJas
04-23-2005, 12:39 AM
If only they rhymed better, this would be just like watching that movie "8 Mile"!!! ;)
I think this is the intermission, we better catch a quick nap now. :sleeping:
RTJas :D

Kilrtoy
04-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Uh,
So in vegas this weekend, when you take the ring off, how many do you bang.....
let me know on monday, I wont tell your wife..... Seriously, I have been to the real choir practice's, before you were even hired.....

RACRJEFF
04-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Hey now both of you guys stop on the baker to vegas issue don't let these girls know therye being ho's, they might get a conscious!!!! LOL and lowriver man why do u want to merge with them, when l.a. county police wanted to merge with l.a.s.o. they were like PHUCK that if they wanna be deputies let them apply and get phucked with for 5 years in custody then become a P.O.S. all over again when they get to a radio car and sit and write paper while everyone one else eats, anyhow!! .......and not to side with either or but i don't think miguel is saying l.a.u.s.d. is better then l.a.p.d. you really cant compare the 2 anyhow one is simply just way bigger, more resources and at one time when gates was hiring big ass kickin white boys as quoted by 1 N.A.A.C.P. member during the 70s is when l.a.p.d. use to be real hardcore. now i know miguel isnt a white boy and dont know about you, so dont go off on the white boy comment just quoting a fellow l.a. citzen and what she said in a press conference on national t.v.!!!
To sum it up i think both department have dipshits just like l.a.s.o. therye are guys from l.a. unified that could make metro no problem, hell therye are guys from corrections who could, but chose another path. so i think miguel is trying to say you have to judge officer per officer as a whole, yes the lapd makes more arrests and more part 1 arrests they should they have 10,000 officer just like L.A.S.O. is right behind them, then the stats fall way way off to i think san diego or sac town not sure but besides the point.
As far as the presidential candiate and dignitaries visiting, of coure l.a.p.d. is gonna have the handle they are the biggest dept. with a unit desgined and trained for such stuff other departments can't make a D- platoon no resources or money to dedicate just to that!! and any major roll outs in the city of L.A. is gonna be handled by L.A.P.D. and backed by the S.O. once again they are the BIGGEST just like the Lake l.a. shooting of the deputy L.A.S.D. S.E.B. used LAPD'S armor vehicle!! just like rescue 5 from L.A.S.D. gets used by L.A.P.D. for some hillside rescues or ocean rescues even tho they have a team. okay enough of that.
i said my peace am i close miguel to what your sayin as well as your L.R. you have to judge officer per officer and if we went by paper the uptight bachelor or masters degree carry guys from beverly hills,glendale.anaheim would rank way up on all of us clowns from L.A. but those guys wouldn't know a gangster if it shit in thier hat.(watch ill get some guy from B.H. that will go PHUCK U!! we had a gangster drive thru here 2 years ago LOL ) so on that note CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG LMAO DEPUTIES RULE

Jbb
04-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Rd Sux........ :d

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2005, 12:00 PM
See there you go again with your personal attacks.....
Yeah, that was pretty bad... :frown:

Tom Brown
04-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey Rio, stop being such an ass.

Tom Brown
04-23-2005, 02:01 PM
No reason these two should be at each others throat is there?
You must be an even bigger moron than I thought.

Jbb
04-23-2005, 02:30 PM
RD SUX....... :wink:

4day!!
04-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Uh,
And back when I was single, I dated chicks who knew me as an engineer, etc. Telling them you're a cop was a rooie move
Ahh, another fine example of a cop who wishes he was a fireman...
The old joke....
what do cops and firemen have in common?
they both want to be firemen. :D
Like was said earlier, if you guys both have pride in your agency and yourselves, then why the need to justify to each other??
Cant we all just get along?? :burningm:

LOWRIVER2
04-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Ok,
Back again,
Oh, and Kilrtoy, I'll just pretend you did'nt imply I cheated on my wife. That would be a personal attack so I'll just assume your still sour grapes about all the truth brought up on this thread.
Ok,for the last time. There is no comparison with general/specialized dept.'s, the specialized ones should be merged with the main general dept. with primary jurisdiction.
Racrjeff, if I had issues with the LAUSD officers, why would I back a merger? The MTA guys merged over in 97 and seem to be doing quite well, many have promoted. It's ALL about saving money for taxpayers at the local level. This in turn, helps steer the interest of changing pensions statewide due to the high costs of police work. Will it be a "fix all" to eliminate this desire to cut pensions?-no. Does it start to make command/tactical issues as well as communications more streamlined?-definately. Have to start somewhere.
The LA County police were not full 830.1P.C. status and could not carry off duty. Based on this, I had heard they did not go through full P.O.S.T. training. Is this true? If so, would be different, more complicated to get them on line with L.A.S.O. tactics, procedures. LAUSD officers are 830 P.C. but are in a separate subsection that requires them to be fully trained just the same, so training would be less such as our 8 week lateral training program to get them on board with our policies.
My point, as the dead horse kicks again, Merging the specialized police agencies in LA city will save money, make critical police communications more streamlined, give officers more oppurtunity to work different assignments and promote, and put all officers who ARE paid with CITY funds, on the SAME PAGE in tactics, equipment, etc. That is the point.
And it is silly to complain about getting less benefits while flaunting toys that cost more than what most members of this website could afford. It just comes off wrong, period and makes the rest of us in the same profession look like we all are living high on the hog when that is not the case by any means.
As for Baker to Vegas:
Metro Red came in 4th overall. San Diego won again, followed by CHP, FBI. There's a controversy over how those 3 teams justify pulling runners from all over their departments when LAPD/LASO/other SO's can not but that's another issue.
Metro Blue finished 11th in Open Division.
Metro Black finished 11th in 800 Division (All 20 runners had to have combined age over 800)
As for pride Miguel, Metro has 265 officers. We fielded 3 teams=60 runners-six alternates. Tell me a division or dept. with 265 officers that ran 3 teams. I"ll be waiting for the answer. That's called pride. I don't think all those guys wanted to run 5-8 miles to "pick up chicks"/lol. Although I must admit, smoking my 2001 limited Cohiba on Sun. night after not touching a stick for 4 months was a nice reward.
Never a pissing contest here, apples and oranges in a match up. But the duplicity in policing in LA city needs to be eliminated for cost savings.

Jbb
04-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Gary....RD said you were a girlie man and he will kick your azzzzz... :D

superdave013
04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Great thread, I leaned a LOT. And RTJ posts are classic.
Kilrtoy = Sgt. Stadanko lol

Tom Brown
04-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm still laughing my ass off at that RTJ Eric Estrada paste up. :D

MudPumper
04-26-2005, 10:31 AM
I just wanted to post this again because it's funny as hell. LMAO. Now, lets all try to play nice. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/51kilr_beggin.jpg

LOWRIVER2
04-28-2005, 06:02 AM
JBB, RD and I are on good terms now. He still wants to get tazed this summer, that's great!/LOL
Wow, got quiet here, well folks, my work is done. Got my point across, was an interesting thread, glad some stuff got AIRED OUT/either in info. or egos/LOL!

Wicky
04-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Ok,
But the duplicity in policing in LA city needs to be eliminated for cost savings.
I like your style L.R.!! Too bad more people aren't into saving the tax payers money. Cuz we both know, "It's all about the money."
First you get the money...
Then you get the power...
Then you get the WOMEN!!!
Less govt=more freedom

BRSTQUEST
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Does Anyone Have The Circs On What Happened Today By Lax....i Heard Something About A Chase And Crash But Didn't Get All The Info....hopefully Non Of The Good Guys Got Hurt

jdogginla
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately..........reports say that a LAX police officer died in the crash. Suspect carjacked another car and fled the scene, and was involved in another accident.