PDA

View Full Version : Is this SpOOky?

LVjetboy
04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Spy on your neighbors (http://www.zabasearch.com/)
Just enter a name, and presto!
- instant phone number and date of birth
- see a satellite photo of their house, see if they keep their pool clean
- get a map to their house
With a subscription you can...
- find out their credit rating, bankrupcies, legal judgements
- current/previous home & property ownership, leins
- names and addresses of relatives
- current and previous roommates and neighbors
jer

HCS
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't like that kind of stuff.
Sure are alot of people with the same name as me. :jawdrop:

jackpunx
04-20-2005, 12:22 PM
that pic is either from two weeks ago or last year.. it shows my boat next to my house.. it was in the shop all winter.. and right now its at the river..
but still pretty interesting.. :2purples:

LVjetboy
04-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Me neither. Think of the potential for stalkers and theives. Want change?
I say we run background checks on our state and federal representatives. Mail them their background check along with a detailed satellite photo and directions to their house..and a brief letter asking their support for information access reform.
jer

LVjetboy
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Gotta be last year. My backyard now has grass. But those pics are quite a bit better than what I've seen before...and the detail? Spooky.
jer

HCS
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Here's my house. I used my neighbors name.
:D
House (http://imageatlas.globexplorer.com/ImageAtlas/view.do?zoom_level=10&address=6404+EVEREST+WAY&city=+SACRAMENTO&state=CA)

Newcastle
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
For anybody who'd rather not have their name on zabasearch, you can email somebody and request it be taken off. I've already done it. I'd have to look for the guy's address that I sent the email to if anybody's interested...

welk2party
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
It is almost a year old of my house.

HCS
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
For anybody who'd rather not have their name on zabasearch, you can email somebody and request it be taken off. I've already done it. I'd have to look for the guy's address that I sent the email to if anybody's interested...
I'm sure there's alot more ways to get all that info.
But one less would be good. Kick it down I you can find it.
Thanks,
HCS

HCS
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
It is almost a year old of my house.
Same with mine, but it's newer than the Google search sat pics. :coffeycup

Red Horse
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
It was way off for me. Had a place I used to live in over 5 years ago.

Huckleberry
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
I posted this site a few days ago. The problem with this is by sending him an email to remove your name is they have now verified everything you are asking tem to remove! And to top it off, thy now have your email address and can get your IP address. Worse yet, they are under no obligation to remove your name, even if you ask them to. :devil: This type of crap bothers me that is so easily available to any schmuck on the streets!

SOCALDETAIL1
04-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Never use your actual address on anything other then family. Get a PO box, use that for bills, car registration even on your drivers license. Example you valet your car, the valet has your house key and house address (registration). You get in an accident the other party has your physical address.

welk2party
04-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Never use your actual address on anything other then family. Get a PO box, use that for bills, car registration even on your drivers license. Example you valet your car, the valet has your house key and house address (registration). You get in an accident the other party has your physical address.
I thought I was the only one that does this!

Dusty Times
04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
The pic of my house said it was from 2003

phebus
04-20-2005, 08:28 PM
It comes up with the right information for me, but the picture is way down the street, and my house isn't even in it.

Totally IncapASSitated
04-20-2005, 08:46 PM
This is definitely pretty scary...I put in my parents and you can practically see the neighbors (shiiit who am I kidding it is probably my old man!! :) ) skinny dippin' in the pool the satellite pic zooms in so close!!!

termiteguy
04-20-2005, 08:48 PM
they only way to find my name was with middle inital
i wonder how they got all that info on people :2purples:

C-2
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
That site is getting a lot of press, but the truth is there’s tons of them out there. Having your name “removed” is impossible since he is a reseller of database info only. Soon his info provider will figure out he’s reselling the info and cut him off. Choicepoint recently cut off members of the press, bounty hunters, repo guys and many other similar type companies.
A holes which operate sites like that have lawmakers scratching their heads. They don’t know what to do since arbitrarily restricting access will cripple the lending, credit, and legal industries which are dependent upon the info.Until then, we have to deal with scumbags like him. :mad: :mad:
For the record, the info being supplied is pretty darn accurate. Using PO boxes and maildrops doesn’t accomplish much these days – other than getting you flagged by your creditors/potential creditors as a high risk target. If you have utilities, cable or satellite, a credit card, receive any type of catalog, grocery club card, phone or cell service, have had a pizza delivered, been divorced or sued, or own any real property – you can be found in a manner of minutes usually.
It’s just the real-time, data driven society we live in today :(

Kilrtoy
04-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Why would you give the valet your house keys :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea