PDA

View Full Version : Ephedra Ban Lifted.

NOTALENT
04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Ephedra Ban Lifted as of April 14th, 2005
By MARK THIESSEN, Associated Press Writer
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge Thursday struck down the FDA ban on ephedra, the once-popular weight-loss aid that was yanked from the market after it was linked to dozens of deaths.
The judge ruled in favor of a Utah company that challenged the Food and Drug Administration's ban. Utah-based Nutraceutical claimed in its lawsuit that ephedra "has been safely consumed" for hundreds of years.
Supplements that included ephedra have been widely used for weight loss and bodybuilding, but have linked to 155 deaths, including that of Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect Steve Bechler. The FDA ordered the substance off the market in April 2004.
Judge Tena Campbell's ruling sends the matter back to the FDA "for further rulemaking consistent with the court's opinion" and keeps the agency from enforcement action against the companies.
FDA officials did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Company president Bruce Hough said the decision is about "protecting the public's access to safe and effective dietary supplements."
How about that..thats good news for some depending what ur beliefs are on it. I know I have used it in the past and it made a hell of a difference when ur trying to shed those few extra pounds..now that I havent been able to work out in 13weeks or so..I will definatley be using the products again. :D

moneypit
04-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Who is selling it?

welk2party
04-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Let me know because my wife went nuts when she heard and starting looking with no success.

NOTALENT
04-22-2005, 01:23 PM
I was just checking internet sites..this one seems to be selling some..at a decent price..but I have a connection that has some of the old stuff that works really well if ur really intrested. with the new ban there only supposed to be using 10mg of ephedra. what there saying is people are just gonna end up upping the dosage they take. What my buddy has now is suppost to be more..
http://supplements2go.com/eppr.html

moneypit
04-22-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.tsn2000.com/index.html
This is the company to look for. These are the guys that had the ruling overturned.

sorry dog
04-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Better living through chemistry
...or bran, whatever the case may be...

SCUBA STEVE
04-23-2005, 07:00 AM
No talent thanks for the site, I finally "kicked" the habbit from that stuff. And will probably stay off it now, even though it's back. :eek:
Is Xenadrine really $300 a bottle hot damn. :hammerhea

cdog
04-23-2005, 07:48 AM
We need to thin out the population anyway. :D

RiverToysJas
04-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Here's a complete story. (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu7.htm)
RTJas :D

NOTALENT
04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
No talent thanks for the site, I finally "kicked" the habbit from that stuff. And will probably stay off it now, even though it's back. :eek:
Is Xenadrine really $300 a bottle hot damn. :hammerhea
No probelm...Can u really believe the cost of that xenadrine!! its redicoulus.. theres that other stuff below thats suppost to be a generic version. I plan on taking some, ever since my injury I have depleted..haha..I got to shave some off now.

NOTALENT
04-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Here's a complete story. (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu7.htm)
RTJas :D
Thats my favorite store! Bodybuilding.com is where I buy most of my supplements. I buy all my shirts there.. :) only 6.99 and there great quality..haha..but now im embarrassed to where them.lol.

Beer-30
04-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, www.bodybuilding.com is excellent! I have used them for years. Great prices, excellent service.
I am sure they will start (if the haven't already) selling it again. TwinLab Ripped-Fuel was the best thing for me. I am sure others have favorites also. Haven't tried it w/o ephed.
Funny thing is, I had some STACKER-III (w/ephed) leftover since I stocked up during the ban. Almost out! What timing, eh?

Bense468
04-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Hows it affect you when you drink 2 handles on Vodka later that night?
Nevermind... I'm in.

NOTALENT
04-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, www.bodybuilding.com is excellent! I have used them for years. Great prices, excellent service.
I am sure they will start (if the haven't already) selling it again. TwinLab Ripped-Fuel was the best thing for me. I am sure others have favorites also. Haven't tried it w/o ephed.
Funny thing is, I had some STACKER-III (w/ephed) leftover since I stocked up during the ban. Almost out! What timing, eh?
I tried the xenadrine when it had the epehdra in it..but I kept getting migranes every time I took it so I quit that.. I really like the ripped fuel as well. But Stacker was always my favorite.

sorry dog
04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Druggies.

wantacat
04-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Dam $300 that is just crazy. I use to take some of that stuff but ever since they stopped selling It I have been good with out it. Good thing I dont care for it much now because I dont see myself spending $300 for a bottle. No way!