PDA

View Full Version : SPAM-Skis

phebus
04-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I have theese skis for sale, would like to arrange for pick up, or meet somewhere to avoid shipping. PM if interested. If you would like more pictures, just let me know
Connelly Mid SX, like new condition (used twice) with case. $100.- OBO. SOLD
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753003.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753004.jpg
HO Easy Riders wide body combo skis, like new condition (used once), $65.- OBO. Great ski's for learning skiers.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753002.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753001.jpg

phebus
04-23-2005, 03:06 PM
ttt, pictures fixed.

cc322
04-23-2005, 03:44 PM
What size are they, and are those the ones that are supposed to be easy to get up on?

david_396
04-23-2005, 07:11 PM
The Connelly Mid SX lets everyone enjoy the day at the lake, no matter what the skill level. Connelly was the first to introduce shaped skis to the world with this very design in 1996. It is still a best-selling model! The wide tip and tail make deep-water starts effortless, the super sidecut design make turns easy, all while skiing at 28 mph or under. The bottom line is much less strain and effort on the skier. Fun, easy and less tiring. All in one ski!
Construction: C.A.P.T. (Connelly Advanced Profile Technology), Fiberglass construction, High gloss top, Unibond Construction using Baydur¨ polyurethane resin core, Acrylam base.
Binding Options: Front Adjustable plate w/adj. rear toe plate, Lace Adjustable w/adj. rear toe strap, Front Adjustable w/rear toe strap, Blank with fin.
Sizes:
400 sq.in./2600 sq.cm
450 sq.in./2900 sq.cm
500 sq.in./3200 sq.cm
Fin: Aluminum drop through
Popular Mechanic's wrote:
Then it happened. Ski designers took a page from other popular sports and developed oversize equipment that reduces the backbreaking effort and restores the pure joy of the sport. These new skis help skiers pop up out of the water, carve like Martha Stewart on Thanksgiving, and take long endurance-stretching runs without first making sure a case of BenGay is available.
Call them what you will–shaped, parabolic, super-sidecut, wide, alternative, whatever–the secret to the new skis is in the shape. On average, a traditional ski is 66 to 72 in. long, 6.5 in. wide in the forebody and 2.5 in. wide at the tail. The new skis are 59 to 65 in. long, at least 9 in. wide in the forebody and 4 to 6 in. wide in the tail. In other words, they're shorter, wider, and have a parabolic footprint.
The most obvious advantage of these voluptuous new proportions is seen during startup. The hydrodynamics are simple: Narrow ski tips have less surface area, and therefore require more speed and force to displace enough water to get skiers on top. With their wide bodies, especially in the tips, the new skis displace much more water, which means less of everything is required–skier effort, boat horsepower and athletic ability. "With so much surface area up front," says Robert Stephens, an associate editor at Waterski Magazine, "a wide ski turns skiers from rocks to corks."
Even after startup, the extra displacement helps make skiing more enjoyable. Traditional skis are extremely tiring to ride because on average they only offer about 350 sq. in. of surface area. That usually forces skiers to ski at speeds faster than 30 mph to keep the ski afloat. New designs, with their incredibly large surface areas, allow most skiers to ski in the 24-to-28-mph range, which greatly reduces the strain on your body.
Some of that extra surface area is found in the tail, where the wider-is-better theory also applies. On most new designs, the tail is nearly 2 in. wider than on a traditional slalom ski. Besides contributing to the overall surface area that allows skiing at slower speeds, the wider, more rectangular tail makes the ski more stable–which should eliminate some of those oh-so-graceful faceplants from your repertoire.
While the ski that started the trend, the Connelly Big Easy, may have gone a little overboard with 700 sq. in. of surface area, newer designs like Connelly's Mid SX, the ICONN Power Carv, O'Brien Virage and HO Radius have found a happy medium. At around 500 sq. in., these skis displace a lot of water and spread a skier's weight over a large area. But if it were strictly a matter of surface area, a 2 x 6 might make a good ski–and that's not the case.
What separates the new skis from mere planks is what the designers refer to as an hourglass, or parabolic, shape. As on many of today's downhill snow skis, the wide tip and tail taper into a narrower midsection. When placed on edge, this sidecut allows the ski to carve and grab angle like a traditional slalom ski.
Also, the amount of curve from front to back, known as rocker, is on average 0.5 in. shallower on the new skis. Combined with the parabolic shape, the reduced rocker allows the skier to initiate a slalom turn with ease. Lean slightly to one side, and the ski's shape effortlessly carves a gradual arc that can be ridden passively (letting the ski turn by itself) or aggressively (forcing it around the turn), although not as aggressively as a traditional ski. Either way, the ski remains stable and in control.
For former ski bums who thought they'd hollered their last "Hit it," and thrill-seeking wakeboarders, the waterski has finally caught up to the '90s. The new skis are not only fun for everyone from 15 to 50 and beginner to expert, they're more accessible: Skiers can now get up behind low-powered outboards, jet boats and even personal watercraft. Now that's the essence of waterskiing.

phebus
04-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Wow, david_396, tahnks for the info. It's more than a sales pitch, the Mid SX is the easiest ski I have ever been on. you will get up super easy, and be able to ski at a slower speed if desired. All that, and you can still carve performance turns with it. I've skiied since I was a kid, and didn't think I could have that much fun again (unfortunately I've had two back surgeries, and I'm scheduled for a third, so my skiing days are over).
The Mid SX is a 450, and the combo ski's are the same length. Any other questions, or if you would like more pictures, please ask. The ski's are like new.

phebus
04-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Prices reduced. Going on ebay tomorrow afternoon.

david_396
05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Are the set doubles still for sale?? thanxs david

phebus
05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, the doubles are still available. Haven't done anything with them since I put them on here. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Rick

Up 4 River
06-01-2005, 03:36 PM
If you still have the double skiis I would like to buy them from you. I live in Orange County so I could pick them up from you or I'll be in Havsu this Friday. Let me know.
Thank You,
U4R