PDA

View Full Version : Need a Powell 53' houseboat for August?

2Driver
04-26-2006, 08:39 AM
We are cancelling our 53 footer for Aug 13-19 and going to Kauai instead.
I'll be cancelling later today. Not sure if it is transferrable but certainly you could be in line as I cancel if you were looking for that week. It was $5400 plus fuel ( By then I guess that would be another $12,000 :D )

scarabrick2
04-26-2006, 08:47 AM
HOLLY CRAP thats a lot of cash!!!!!
No wonder your going to Kauai!!!!!!
Enjoy Kauai been there many a times. Rent a canoe and paddle up the Waiama river to the fern grotto if you want to spend a 1/2 day that is. If not drive up to Waiama canyon to the end. Once at the end of the road cross the concrete river and start up the trails. Oh yah, Need 4 wheel drive,lunch, water,rain gear,tell someone your going,towels,and enough stuff in case you get caught in a rain storm. It its rainingn hard DON'T drive just wait till its over then go have fun.. If you follow the other tracks they will lead you to many a water falls and a few hot spring with natural pools.
Rick

2Driver
04-26-2006, 09:30 AM
We’ve been a few times but never did the canyon thing in depth. That sounds cool thanks.
REALLY have to watch that river trip. That river is full of containments and bacteria from the upstream cattle ranch. They won’t let you in it if it has been raining a bunch due to the bacteria count. We stay out of it all together :messedup: