PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Sprinter opinions

Performance 19
04-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Looking for a new work vehicle. Looking at the Dodge Sprinter Van. It's a mercedes turbo diesel that Daimler-Chrysler is now distributing and has LOTS of room inside. Has been in Europe for some time. I have only been able to find 3 reviews on it....2 great and one bad. Does anyone own one or drive one for thier work vehicle? I would really appreciate any opinions! Thanks, Jim

mexrunner
04-23-2005, 07:40 PM
a friend up the river from me bought one and the loves it he had one ton vans before and says he wont go back. even though they look top heavy there not and he reports to get great gas mileage

Back Forty
04-23-2005, 08:11 PM
I've only heard good things so far. People are reporting 22 to 27 mpg. They don't exactly have a big tow rating but they are a good all purpose work vehicle. They sell fast once on the lot.

ELVIS
04-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I've spoken to a few people w/ them, nothing but good stuff. I'll defenitly look in to one to replace my ford .

boatnam2
04-24-2005, 05:10 AM
pm mrsboatnam she will give you all the info you will need.

bilgewiper
04-24-2005, 06:16 AM
I have been considering one of these vans also. I think it was Car and Driver that did a test on one a year or so back. Iv'e heard the 25-27mpg figure thrown out by 2 different salesmen at two different dealers but I'd like to know the "real world" figure. Hope someone pops up here as a everyday driver of one.

MikeF
04-24-2005, 06:23 AM
I'd like to lift one and put bigger tires on. I think it would be killer as a baja traveller. Not likely to happen though, happy w/ the truck I have now.

Performance 19
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Thank you!! The one bad review I read was about parts not being readily available. It was written a year ago or so, am thinking that it was a problem when they were just released here. Any repair problems Canuck1? Thanks.