PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to watch the Imola F1 race tomorrow morning?

Tom Brown
04-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Ferrari look to be back. I think Raikkonen will be right there too. It should be a good race with three potential winners.

NorCal Gameshow
04-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Ferrari look to be back. I think Raikkonen will be right there too. It should be a good race with three potential winners.
why are there only three cars running tommorrow?..... :confused: :D

Tom Brown
04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Might just as well be.
My pick is Raikkonen but I enjoy watching pretty much all of the driver so I'm not really partial.

JustMVG
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Isn't this the race where Ferrari is debuting the new car? They've been blaming the terrible performances in the last few races on the new car not being ready. I hope Kimi does well it's looking to be his time, and maybe we'll see less and less of a dominant Ferrari team and more competition from the other teams. Montoya has been a disappointment too, expected him to be better than he's shown, he's had great cars and equiptment to work with and still seems to be behind the power curve, same with Da Matta but at least he's back here and in Champ Car.
MikeVG

likeFATHERlikeSON3
04-24-2005, 12:04 AM
oh thank god someone else watches f1 :) ya it should be a good race i think kimi will fall off through the race and alonso will take it. The renault is just to fast.
mandMVG
ferrari debuted their new car last race and it was the first time that they did not finish in the points in 119 races. not a great result.
montoya is having a rough time. he is actually out for a couple races due to injury. his problem is that he came into f1 at a time when ferrari was just too dominant.
plain and simple da matta never belonged in f1.
go ferrari

Kilrtoy
04-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Isn't this the race where Ferrari is debuting the new car? They've been blaming the terrible performances in the last few races on the new car not being ready. I hope Kimi does well it's looking to be his time, and maybe we'll see less and less of a dominant Ferrari team and more competition from the other teams. Montoya has been a disappointment too, expected him to be better than he's shown, he's had great cars and equiptment to work with and still seems to be behind the power curve, same with Da Matta but at least he's back here and in Champ Car.
MikeVG
God with that said , I made the right choice...
it came down to the ferrari or the DCB...
looks like the wife was right again....
anyways the vette is only a few clicks off at a 125k cheaper........

JustMVG
04-24-2005, 12:37 AM
oh thank god someone else watches f1 :) ya it should be a good race i think kimi will fall off through the race and alonso will take it. The renault is just to fast.
mandMVG
ferrari debuted their new car last race and it was the first time that they did not finish in the points in 119 races. not a great result.
montoya is having a rough time. he is actually out for a couple races due to injury. his problem is that he came into f1 at a time when ferrari was just too dominant.
plain and simple da matta never belonged in f1.
go ferrari
True on the Da Matta deal, missed the last race so i am a bit behind on F1, i just remember Shuey griping that they had not gotten the new car yet and was hoping for it soon. But whats up with Rubens Barrichello? What is he starting like 13th or something like that.

JustMVG
04-24-2005, 12:38 AM
God with that said , I made the right choice...
it came down to the ferrari or the DCB...
looks like the wife was right again....
anyways the vette is only a few clicks off at a 125k cheaper........
Yeah it's not you NEED a chick magnet or anything like that :D :D , the wife get that toaster yet Miguel!!?? :D :D

likeFATHERlikeSON3
04-24-2005, 02:26 AM
True on the Da Matta deal, missed the last race so i am a bit behind on F1, i just remember Shuey griping that they had not gotten the new car yet and was hoping for it soon. But whats up with Rubens Barrichello? What is he starting like 13th or something like that.
Barri just cant seem to come to grips w/ the new tire rules. its too bad cause he is one hell of a nice guy.
do you go out to indy for the race?

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Mr277 Here:
We got a great season shaping up!
It's good to see MS frustrated, no doubt he is the best, but it takes more than just a driver.
Rubens is a good guy, and very talented. Kimi is a little too dry, the next coming of Mikka (until he breaks down and cries like a girl).
I like Jensen, and JPM actually challenged MS, that was great, Tako and Jarno are good too. Alonso is good also, love to see it mixed up this way.
Hope they don't have the Ferrari sorted yet, we don't need another parade.
What the F are they going to do about the tire rules? They have such open interpetations of the rules right now. We have guys that finish on slicks, may be challenged, may not. No one knows what to do.
Get rid of the refueling, it's way too dangerous, and give them as many tires as they want. I also kind of miss the unlimited engine rule.
Remember when McLaren went through 200 engines in one year (for 2 cars in 16 races), and they were all aluminum-berylium? Those were good time$.
Why is it showing here on CBS? WTF?
R277

LUVNLIFE
04-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm going to take a wild guess here and bet that Racer277 forgot to log out Mrsracer277. The reason being is that Dia only knows that the cars go really fast and around and around. :D :D

Racer277
04-24-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm going to take a wild guess here and bet that Racer277 forgot to log out Mrsracer277. The reason being is that Dia only knows that the cars go really fast and around and around. :D :D
:D :D
She does know most of these guys, but gets their frog and limey names mixed up! :messedup:
We really need Scott Speed or some other American in there. Don't know if he'll have a ligit chance though. It's not like DaMatta was a slacker :( and he couldn't do anything.
What up Cale? Do you like working or spectating better? Sorry bout the "Hello Mam, Do you need your capets cleaned?" routine. :D
You all set for Red Bluff?

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Watch it buddy. :boxingguy :D
I am not as blonde as I look. ;) ;) :D

LUVNLIFE
04-24-2005, 08:23 AM
:D :D
She does know most of these guys, but gets their frog and limey names mixed up! :messedup:
We really need Scott Speed or some other American in there. Don't know if he'll have a ligit chance though. It's not like DaMatta was a slacker :( and he couldn't do anything.
What up Cale? Do you like working or spectating better? Sorry bout the "Hello Mam, Do you need your capets cleaned?" routine. :D
You all set for Red Bluff?
Working is better for now ;) Gotta learn the ropes so to speak. :D Yep all ready to go and looking forward to it. Don't worry about the carpet deal, I just hope you didn't have to wait in line to long :D

LUVNLIFE
04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Watch it buddy. :boxingguy :D
I am not as blonde as I look. ;) ;) :D
Are you saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes :supp: :confused: :D

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Are you saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes :supp: :confused: :D
The carpet runner matches just fine. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: ;)

Tom Brown
04-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Mr277 Here:
We got a great season shaping up!
It's good to see MS frustrated, no doubt he is the best, but it takes more than just a driver.
Rubens is a good guy, and very talented. Kimi is a little too dry, the next coming of Mikka (until he breaks down and cries like a girl).
I like Jensen, and JPM actually challenged MS, that was great, Tako and Jarno are good too. Alonso is good also, love to see it mixed up this way.
Hope they don't have the Ferrari sorted yet, we don't need another parade.
What the F are they going to do about the tire rules? They have such open interpetations of the rules right now. We have guys that finish on slicks, may be challenged, may not. No one knows what to do.
Get rid of the refueling, it's way too dangerous, and give them as many tires as they want. I also kind of miss the unlimited engine rule.
Remember when McLaren went through 200 engines in one year (for 2 cars in 16 races), and they were all aluminum-berylium? Those were good time$.
Why is it showing here on CBS? WTF?
R277
In my whole life... and I know I would remember something like this... I have NEVER been so turned on.

CornWater
04-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Mr277 Here:
:hammerhea

LUVNLIFE
04-24-2005, 09:53 AM
The question remains, is Tom Brown still turned on? :confused: :D :D

phebus
04-24-2005, 09:58 AM
I am watching the race, and was shocked to see that those cars are capable of turning 19,000 rpm!!

Tom Brown
04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
I am watching the race, and was shocked to see that those cars are capable of turning 19,000 rpm!!
Oh yeah. Those things run like Merc outboards. :cool:

moneypit
04-24-2005, 10:11 AM
That car is sick fast!

JustMVG
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=likeFATHERlikeSON3]Barri just cant seem to come to grips w/ the new tire rules. its too bad cause he is one hell of a nice guy.
do you go out to indy for the race?[/QUOTE
We'd love to get to Indy for both the 500 and the USGP, but that will be at another time, i did pit crew for a Formula Atlantic team some years ago and got to meet some of the F1 guys at Long Beach, back in the late 70's and early 80's, great fun then, and then again in Montreal, good time and great memories. Have to dig out my pics from those times.....
See you all soon MikeVG

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2005, 03:24 PM
In my whole life... and I know I would remember something like this... I have NEVER been so turned on.
Ummm Tom honey that was not me. The hubby was signed in under me. :supp: :D :D

LUVNLIFE
04-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Ummm Tom honey that was not me. The hubby was signed in under me. :supp: :D :D
Don't be so vain Dia maybe Tom knows it was Sean and wants to walk on the wild side :D

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Don't be so vain Dia maybe Tom knows it was Sean and wants to walk on the wild side :D
LOL :rolleyes: :) And who am I to stand in the way. :) He is all yours Tom.

Racer277
04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Well, it will still be an interesting season.
MS once again showed why he and Ferrari are the best, no question.
But, the Ferrari is not solid (why does the bad luck always fall on Rubino?).
Alonso is still a long way ahead, and proved his mettle.
Finally Honda finished a race, boy are they in the hole.
Toyota seems to be fading, but maybe that is just a quirk of Imola?
Awesome to see JV up there, although he has passed his prime.
This is a great season.
I do like the Benetton, something about fat old Flavio still pullin super models (gettin them preggo then dumping them) is so F1.
:D

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Well, it will still be an interesting season.
MS once again showed why he and Ferrari are the best, no question.
But, the Ferrari is not solid (why does the bad luck always fall on Rubino?).
Alonso is still a long way ahead, and proved his mettle.
Finally Honda finished a race, boy are they in the hole.
Toyota seems to be fading, but maybe that is just a quirk of Imola?
Awesome to see JV up there, although he has passed his prime.
This is a great season.
I do like the Benetton, something about fat old Flavio still pullin super models (gettin them preggo then dumping them) is so F1.
:D
Are you trying to excite Tom Brown again. ;) :D

dirty old man
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
It was a great race - WOW - 19,000 rpms! And it sure sounds like they have more than 7 speeds. Same tires one race, same motor 2 races. Brakes $10,000 per set. Toyota spending $400,000,000 (thats million) on their GP program. Was not shown at the sports book

Tom Brown
04-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Are you trying to excite Tom Brown again. ;) :D
It's working.

Racer277
04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
It was a great race - WOW - 19,000 rpms! And it sure sounds like they have more than 7 speeds. Same tires one race, same motor 2 races. Brakes $10,000 per set. Toyota spending $400,000,000 (thats million) on their GP program. Was not shown at the sports book
Well, Bernie and Max are desperately trying to slow the cars down, only the two latest tracks are really safe for F1, China and Bahrain.
Now the damn engines have to last two full weekends, what happened to throw-away q engines that don't survive 3 heat cycles?
Same tires for the whole race, and with grooves, what a drag.
Toyota has cut thier F1 budget in HALF (the 400K is half). And is showing better results for it.
A year ago, Luca said if Ferrari didn't race F1, they could cut the price on every car they sold by 33%, but they sell cars so they can race. Imagine if an American Auto CEO said that in a newspaper!
And yet with making these changes, HP is up by 75 over the last 4 years.
As long as you can stand 6 good passes (on the track) in a season, it's still a great year! :idea: