PDA

View Full Version : 2 Months later I launched the Spectra!

BUSTI
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
The last time I posted up RiverDave had just posted my pictures of my refurbed 1974 Spectra. Well 7 weeks ago on the very weekend I was planning on launching the Spectra at the River I had a huge medical emergency! Some of you know and most don't but I am a kidney patient and on that weekend I went into full on kidney failure! It required surgery and hospitalization. I am now on peritoneal dialysis treatment daily. By the grace of God the love of my wife and family I am happy to report I am on the mend and so well in fact this weekend my sons took me to my trailer at Riverland and we launched my Spectra. I will post pics later this week when my kids return from the River with th camera.
The boat ran great! What a cruiser for me and the family to cruise in! I am so happy with it!
Well any way just thought I'd update you guys for those that were interested and thanks to those of you that stayed in touch over the last 2 months during some scary times!
See ya at the River! And I wish you all a happy, fun and safe boating season!

RiverDave
04-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Can't wait to see the pictures. :)
RD

SPECTRABRENT
04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I am glad to hear the boat ran great!
Brent

Nubbs
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear you're ok.
Nubbs

OGShocker
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
The boat ran great! What a cruiser for me and the family to cruise in! I am so happy with it!
Saw you yesterday on the 10. Threw the shocker attcha but could not tell if you saw us. The boat looked GREAT on the trailer!

TheLurker
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
BUSTI,
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Best wishes.
I want to see some pics. of that boat on the water.

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow, Glad to hear you are ok... Never knew this and this puts life in presective...
Hope you continue to progress for the better and make a full recovery.
On a side note, was it a UCLA doc that did your surgery.... :mix:

svlperry
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
bump

chub
04-26-2005, 03:40 PM
God bless you Sir. I hope you make many more trips out in your boat. :D :D
Here's to Family time. :D

KACHINA KEN
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Good to hear you're feeling better.