PDA

View Full Version : Length Law In Channel Lifted

ADDICTED
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Just heard that the length law has been lifted by the city council for this weekend so the big boys wont get hassled. Also heard that this is the begining of the end of the length law in the channel :D

carbonmarine
04-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Can Somebody Sunstantiate That ?????? Please ........

Dino
04-25-2005, 03:16 PM
until the houseboats come in and F**ck some stuff up...

ADDICTED
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
this is what we heard from a reliable source in Havasu. Hope it is true!

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I believe they have been lifting and then reenacting that rule for a long time.

RiverOtter
04-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Great can I take my RV..er Houseboat... er.... :jawdrop:
http://www.terrawind.com/photogallery/photo29571/Asplashentryaj1.jpg
http://www.terrawind.com/photogallery/photo29571/Asplashentryaj3.jpg
http://www.terrawind.com/photogallery/photo29571/Asplashentryaj4.jpg

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 03:26 PM
http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/City%20Clerk/ctyclerk/Event.pdf Just got off the phone with Jim Nichols and he said Length restriction HAS BEEN LIFTED TILL MEMORIAL DAY.... He was told this by the LT. at the Havasu police dept in charge of his permit.............

1stepcloser
04-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I believe they have been lifting and then re-inacting that rule for a long time.
HH, I hear youre slumming at Crazy Horse this weekend? I'll be bringing in my summer home this friday night, and as luck (or rather lack of) would have it I'll be travelling right down the heart of D row to get to my coveted space on C.
If you kids are still awake when I pull through, I'll be ready for a cocktail.
Still on for the Poker Run?

Magic34
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Now if I just had that information 6 weeks ago, I wouldn't have a 34 being built right now, but somewhere around 38' :mad:

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 03:38 PM
HH, I hear youre slumming at Crazy Horse this weekend? I'll be bringing in my summer home this friday night, and as luck (or rather lack of) would have it I'll be travelling right down the heart of D row to get to my coveted space on C.
If you kids are still awake when I pull through, I'll be ready for a cocktail.
Still on for the Poker Run?
I'm actually staying at the Nautical...but I was going to make a trip to Crazyhorse (I figure I'll just tell them that I am with Rocky, then run the gate). :supp:
Call me on Friday night & we'll make a plan. Unless you want a bright orange vest...bring one of your own for Saturday.
:D

WYRD
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Now they need to get rid of that crazy "NO BOOBES" Law :crossx: :crossx:

cdog
04-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I like big boats but why the hell do you need a 40 ft boat in havasu? It should be 38 max. I was out there on easter weekend and some jackhole with a big ass chapperal ocean boat almost smacked the transoms togather because he could'nt drive his big ole POS. I'd bet his daddy's boat was'nt even 38 feet. The channel gets way to crouded for boats that big. They should have to approved by someone.

1stepcloser
04-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm actually staying at the Nautical...but I was going to make a trip to Crazyhorse (I figure I'll just tell them that I am with Rocky, then run the gate). :supp:
Call me on Friday night & we'll make a plan. Unless you want a bright orange vest...bring one of your own for Saturday.
:D
Roger. I'm thinkin if you mention Rocky's name, you're gonna have to run the gate. :D
I think I still have a vest I can fit into, you know, those damn things must shrink or something if you dont use them....

WYRD
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
I think I still have a vest I can fit into, you know, those damn things must shrink or something if you dont use them....
Or maybe what is inside them swells just a little bit over time :D :D

1stepcloser
04-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Certainly not. :supp:
I'm as trim as I've ever been. (give or take a few beers) :)

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I like big boats but why the hell do you need a 40 ft boat in havasu? It should be 38 max. I was out there on easter weekend and some jackhole with a big ass chapperal ocean boat almost smacked the transoms togather because he could'nt drive his big ole POS. I'd bet his daddy's boat was'nt even 38 feet. The channel gets way to crouded for boats that big. They should have to approved by someone.
People who dont know who to drive come in all lenghts

Roxysnow
04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
That's all good but are they going to tag everyone for the sound law for that weekend too? :confused: City is seeing $$$$$ right about now!

cdog
04-25-2005, 04:15 PM
People who dont know who to drive come in all lenghts
I'll quote you when it almost happens to you. Deal.

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 04:20 PM
I'll quote you when it almost happens to you. Deal.
It happens every weekend..
last weekend AZZhole on jet ski makes uturn in channel right infront of me almost into me...
last weekend azzhole in ski boat came head on with me on the shoreline. every time i turned to a different direction so did he, as is he was playing chicken....
Weekend before loser on jet skier came out of cove as i was travelling down river from steamboat at around 80
Whats your point... I have had more negative experiences, alot more with little boats than big ones.....

Roxysnow
04-25-2005, 04:27 PM
It happens every weekend..
last weekend AZZhole on jet ski makes uturn in channel right infront of me almost into me...
last weekend azzhole in ski boat came head on with me on the shoreline. every time i turned to a different direction so did he, as is he was playing chicken....
Weekend before loser on jet skier came out of cove as i was travelling down river from steamboat at around 80
Whats your point... I have had more negative experiences, alot more with little boats than big ones.....
I would have to agree. Most of the larger boats, especially the nicer ones, are handled by more experience drivers. As for those jet ski's, they should be outlaw in the channel all together. They pollute the air, half of they cut people off without looking, and the majority of the skiers are inexperienced. :D

PHOTOGLOU
04-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I would have to agree. Most of the larger boats, especially the nicer ones, are handled by more experience drivers. As for those jet ski's, they should be outlaw in the channel all together. They pollute the air, half of they cut people off without looking, and the majority of the skiers are inexperienced. :D
I agree.............................

welk2party
04-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Indeed I agree

WYRD
04-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Indeed I agree
I say I must Concur as well :idea:

chub
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been Captaining a 20 some odd foot boat for about 20 years now. All you fockers need to stop generalizing this crap. Sorry but stupid fockers come in all lengths.

MAINEVENT
04-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I claim Slight BS on that one i have seen way too many peeps in the past couple of years refinance their house and went from a 18' family boat to a 30'+, high horse power boat and have no clue what their doing
Although i do agree MOST people who do have these big boats have experience in driving BUT NOT ALL
I think drive what you want out in the lake 42' or whatever just be CAUTIOUS and be aware of your surroundings at all times
my.02
oh yeah and look out for the little jet boat guy with the hot chick in the passenger seat :rollside: ;)

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
oh yeah and look out for the little jet boat guy with the hot chick in the passenger seat :rollside: ;)
yeah right that is an urban legend.. They are all with guys with big boats.....

INSman
04-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Now if I just had that information 6 weeks ago, I wouldn't have a 34 being built right now, but somewhere around 38' :mad:
But that 38' was a "V" wasn't it, and I think you have sworn off of V's for decades to come !! :hammerhea

INSman
04-25-2005, 05:46 PM
where do all these big dogs put in at?40-48+' twin 1300-1400's make a little noise?not at LHM i hope
I believe there is a "Noise Exemption" for a weekend of this type with a sanctioned event. It's gonna' be loud !!!! :jawdrop: :2purples: :D

Roxysnow
04-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I claim Slight BS on that one i have seen way too many peeps in the past couple of years refinance their house and went from a 18' family boat to a 30'+, high horse power boat and have no clue what their doing
Although i do agree MOST people who do have these big boats have experience in driving BUT NOT ALL
I think drive what you want out in the lake 42' or whatever just be CAUTIOUS and be aware of your surroundings at all times
my.02
And I did say "most" not all. There is that occasional "fountain owner". j/j :D It's not the little jet boat either, it's the F'ing jet skiers! SO, ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO SHOW THIS WEEKEND? :D

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Shit If they show Ill let Alex drive my boat on saturday...
They wont show....
Come on collen... we want to see you again you one hit wonders.....

WILDERTHANU
04-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Just heard that the length law has been lifted by the city council for this weekend so the big boys wont get hassled.
Great, see ya out there...
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/752616/75546199_1.jpg

77charger
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
my.02
gotta agree here idiots come in all forms and drive all forms of watercraft whter a 42 ft boat,18ft jet,25ft i/o,or the pwc.this is the biggest streotype out there today and the enviros just love this they divide and conquer(when do you see boaters stick up for pwcs when they face bans or vice versa)they get one ban then work on another.To many people think just cause they have a big boat or a pwc they own the whole lake.WELL YOU DONT

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
That one above is funny!

cdog
04-25-2005, 07:12 PM
My first boat was a 20 foot schiada and now the 29 shockwave. Most guys with the big boats do know how to drive them but there is always the jackass like last time I was there who was trying to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. Driving a small boat the first time around taught me to be courtious to smaller boats. After all they are our brotheran and it's where I came from so I understand their pain with the bigger boats. But you have to admit that the bigger the less manuverable, their for harder to deal with in the channel around 200 other boats. I know Jay knows how to handle his rig from the pic's that I have seen so I would'nt worry about him. But what about the guy you don't know. And wonder why insurance rates are so high for performance boats. Statictics show that there are a lot of dumb asss on the water during the same time you are. I really worry about what's gonna happen after 2 or 3 more summers of drunkin dumb ass's killin peeps.

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
There's only one reason why smaller boats, pontoon boats, and PWCs have worse drivers:
Rentals.
You should have seen the jackasses doing 10 MPH through the channel this weekend...

Dusty Times
04-25-2005, 07:41 PM
All this arguing :argue: and I'm happier than hell that the ban is lifted for more than one weekend.
I'm tired of worrying about a 2' ticket

KACHINA KEN
04-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Why ask why c doggie, hell if their knocking shit together I count that as entertainment. Were men, we love to see shit get destroyed.

purrfecttremor
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
jet skis should be banned from this planet ive been t boned two times both times NO INSURANCE! :hammerhea

MAINEVENT
04-25-2005, 08:34 PM
jet skis should be banned from this planet ive been t boned two times both times NO INSURANCE! :hammerhea
I owned a PWC before my boat and in the 6 years i owned them I never came to a close encounter even when my carb stuck WOT i was able to control it, Its not so much the PWC its the commercial that says "Buy this Watercraft for Only $49 a month" and some J.O says "hey i want one" and does'nt know the first thing on driving any type of vehicle on the water. Not standing up for anyside here i just think if you gonna spend the $$$$$ to buy any water craft GET INSURANCE :hammerhea

MAINEVENT
04-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Shit If they show Ill let Alex drive my boat on saturday...
They wont show....
Come on collen... we want to see you again you one hit wonders.....
:yuk: :yuk: F U i was gonna go but some legitimate shit came up so now i cant go :cry: AND um are'nt you just 15 minutes from mi casa WTF Mr. I too busy :rolleyes:
PS Yvonne said i can drive HER boat plus she said it would look better with me in it with her and Co and some guy miguel on shore LOL :rollside:

Kilrtoy
04-25-2005, 08:55 PM
:yuk: :yuk: F U i was gonna go but some legitimate shit came up so now i cant go :cry:
That is even better, Im sure collen will miss you, NOT....
One hit wonders.....

MAINEVENT
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
HEY YOUR PHONE IS RINGING ANSWER IT :devil:

Huckleberry
04-26-2005, 06:23 AM
That's all good but are they going to tag everyone for the sound law for that weekend too? :confused: City is seeing $$$$$ right about now!
I think I recall seeing somewhere that the noise law does not apply when a boat is participating in an organized event such as a regatta or poker run.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-26-2005, 06:56 AM
He was obviously going the wrong way. It's COUNTER-CLOCKWISE ROTATION people!
As far as the length restriction in the channel, it has been explained to me the real reason for the law was to keep houseboats out. Imagine a houseboat going through the channel on a holiday weekend when it gets so packed that traffic stops at times. No friggin way! The law, I don't believe, will be rescinded forever, it will just get re-written to more adequately address only houseboats and leave the big cats and v's ok to come in and park. But even the big boats can cause problems as well. A 32 Sleekcraft was stopped East-West in the channel a few weeks ago and it caused major problems.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-26-2005, 07:03 AM
I think I recall seeing somewhere that the noise law does not apply when a boat is participating in an organized event such as a regatta or poker run.
The event has to have Coast Guard approval for the boats to be exempted from the noise law. I would think Jim and his peeps have all of the necessary approvals.

uvindex
04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
As far as the length restriction in the channel, it has been explained to me the real reason for the law was to keep houseboats out. Another reason (and I'm not defending the law, just providing some info) is because the channel is kind of narrow in some places, and if you had, for example, two 40 footers beached on opposite sides of the channel, then they've just created a bigtime bottleneck in the channel. :p

ADDICTED
04-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Hell, pay up your insurance, people, cuz I'm gonna go out and buy the fastest frickin seadoo I can find and give you all sumptin to complain about! Spoiled brats in your gas guzzling monsters. Us 'poor people' have right's too! I'm gonna anchor right in the middle of the channel and f*ck you all if you don't like it. Think I'll post a notice at the "doo" dealership for all my homies to bring their doo's down and we'll have a "doo regatta". How's that grab you?
Rio>the doo< dog :D :D
LOL!! That was funny!

PlyaPlya22
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Now they need to get rid of that crazy "NO BOOBES" Law :crossx: :crossx:
Just don't show up and they won't have to enforce it :hammerhea

PHOTOGLOU
04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
This is from a friend of mine who is a LT. at the Havasu police dept
Hello Jay,
I've confirmed that our chief has authorized lifting the 36' limit in the
channel. The caveat is that it may be imposed again based on "conditions"
(overcrowding, weather) but that is not likely to happen before Memorial
weekend.
Good luck in the poker run this weekend.