topless
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I need a huge favor....PM me. :D ;)

HCS
04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Did you send him a PM?

topless
04-26-2005, 09:20 AM
No, he would see this first because his name is in it..............maybe.

ROZ
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I've been known to help out when a woman of your beauty has needed a big favor, maybe I can help ;) The size of the favor is subjective, but I'll do what I can. ;) :D

topless
04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I've been known to help out when a woman of your beauty has needed a big favor, maybe I can help ;) The size of the favor is subjective, but I'll do what I can. ;) :DCan you give me legal advise about evicting a renter?

HCS
04-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Renting or leasing?

ROZ
04-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Can you give me legal advise about evicting a renter?
Wrong kind of favor...
Post a thread on "how to evict renters". I know there's a few people here who may be able to help ;) Comming from a former friend of someone who was not only able to work the system, but receiverd free rent for the following 6 months after an eviction hearing of some sort, it may take a little time...

topless
04-26-2005, 09:54 AM
OK, here's the deal. I'm subletting an apartment out that is attatched to my house. The lease is in my name and the lady renting from me is causing problems fo me and neighbors and not paying rent. As of now she is 2 weeks late and says "oh well, I'll pay when I can" I gave her an eviction notice and had it served yesterday. She claims that she can stay 60 days because she talked to the sheriff. I want her out in 30 days. What can I do?

ROZ
04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
http://www.expressevictions.com/images/flow.gif

topless
04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
I already served her last night but do I have to sue her to collect what she owes me? How soon can I get her out?

ROZ
04-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I already served her last night but do I have to sue her to collect what she owes me? How soon can I get her out?
My guess is that if she can't pay you now, she isn't going to pay upon eviction. She'll probably default on any judgement the court awards you. Most likely have to go to small claims...
If you didn't think she has the ability to pay within 3 days, I would have done the 3day eviction notice. Only problem there is if she comes up with the money you're stuck filing a 30 day to get her gone. Good thing is that you get your current money owed, or she's gone...

Phat Matt
04-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Have you tried tear gas?

topless
04-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh and by the way, remember my neighbor problem? His wife is the one who served her for me. :jawdrop: Come to find out, it was her that caused the problems with them the whole time. It's time for her to go.

Mandelon
04-26-2005, 10:25 AM
The 60 day notice is state law now to get rid of a tenant for no reason. If you want to remodel, or raise the rent more than ten percent you need to give them 60 days notice instead of the old 30 day rule.
Failure to pay rent is the same old deal. 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit. If she doesn't pay hire an attorney to file an Unlawful Detainer. If this goes unanswered which it usually does, your attorney can schedule an Eviction hearing.
Lawyers do this stuff cheap. A couple hundred bucks plus filing fees is usually all it costs me. Plus the lost rent. I have won a few judgements, but its not worth it.
Does she have a signed rental agreement? Be careful about how you treat her, she can sue you if you turn off her power or water, or take the door off the hinges.....even if you are in the right.
Sometimes its cheaper just to give them $200 to move......if they are out by the end of the week...."Cash for Keys" is the term, works pretty well, and they don't damage the unit.

Screaming Pete
04-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Go to www.outyougo.com they are the fast track evication people,used to be a client of mine
Pete

Mandelon
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh, yes, you can sue her for damage beyond normal wear and tear. If she can't pay rent, she probably doesn't have money for that though..... :hammerhea

topless
04-26-2005, 10:56 AM
She just smirks and says oh well. I can at least get a judgement on her. She can't file bankruptcy because she did that about 3 years ago.

Mandelon
04-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I would have a frank discussion with her. Let her know you will file for a U.D. if she doesn't have the rest of the money by Monday.....or she can move out this weekend!
It will make it really hard for her to rent anywhere if she has UD or Eviction on her credit report. A BK is less of an issue, but still a big negative.
A lawyer can get her out in 3 to 4 weeks unless she fights the whole way, and she needs to know what to do.....