PDA

View Full Version : The 99 cent store.

Mandelon
04-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I went yesterday to a 99 cent store. Never been to one before. Its new in one of the local shopping centers and I was curious to see what they had.
Lots of odd food things. They change the normal sizes down to make it so they can retail normal products for 99 cents. Tiny bags of charcoal, little cereal boxes, junior sized milk containers.
I was amazed at some of the items. They had a pretty large tool section. :idea: Real quality there, I'm sure. They had little containers of motor oil, cleaners, tired avocados, and lots of cookware. I almost picked up some of those giant poolside style plastic cups, 3 for 99 cents.....
We ended up with a couple bags of candy, some Horchata, and two cans of smoked salmon. All for 99 cents each.

HCS
04-27-2005, 07:58 AM
They sell that stuff at Safeway for 98 cents. :boxed:

BarryMac
04-27-2005, 08:09 AM
It seems goofy but they have a great selection of Sugar Free candy, I con the wife into going in for me about once a month to pick me up some...

MsDrmr
04-27-2005, 08:22 AM
some of their items are great for storing in a trailer or motorhome and what not. I actually go there sometimes to get paper and penciles and giftbags and so on. You have to know what is a deal though, just like "big lots" you have to be familiar with the cost of the items to know weather or not your gettin a good deal.

Captain Dan
04-27-2005, 08:25 AM
I like to go in and ask the employees how much things cost. :D
Must be the easiest cash register to use - only one button needed.

barbigrl
04-27-2005, 08:26 AM
The 99 cent store is also great for party supplies.... instead of paying $4.oo for a gift bag...you can get 2 there for 99 cents. Same with cards...2 for 99 cents. Cleaning productc..paper goods are also sold there. I got a ton of shit for this party I had to set up...it was only $10 totall...if I would have gone to a regular party store it would have been at least $30!! I have one in the parking lot of my work..

NOTALENT
04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
I have been to some, they have exellent deals..but I have also seen some products there that are above .99cents...is this false advertisement?? :D

Mandelon
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
I liked their guarantee. If you aren't 99% satisfied, return your goods, up to 9 items, within 9 days for your money back..... :hammerhea

BoatPI
04-27-2005, 12:30 PM
My wife would like to thank you for shopping there. She is a large stockholder. And as for investment, the stock is VERY low for a number of accounting reasons at this time. It will recover but in my opinion a good investment. They do have many deals even on items they buy daily, like milk and eggs for 99 cents, and all cookie bags and boxes for 99 cents. Some stores have different items. I was in a store in Huntington Park last week.
Evian water, 20oz, three for 99 cents.

Mandelon
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Do they have beer?

ROZ
04-27-2005, 12:35 PM
do they have dried milk?

BarryMac
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Do they have beer?
http://www.beerchurch.com/images/BC_6pack.gif